◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,627 comments
All hosts, please read, familiarize yourself, and be ready to follow and uphold the policies noted in my and @MajorBlixem posts on the previous page. They are post # 115280 and 115281. Since there were no questions about these procedures, I can assume that all hosts are familiar with them and they will be followed tonight. If this is not the case, speak up before we start racing tonight.

Once again this week, we do not have more than 16 drivers assigned to any division so there is no need for an all clear to be given to start racing. All hosts are expected to start the first qualifying session at the assigned start time. The only reason to hold the start of the night is to sort connection issues or to allow someone who disconnected their three minutes to rejoin.

Last edited:
Well, I have known quite a few people that race with SNAIL over the past 4 to 5 years. I understand my PSN does not match up with my GTP screenname, but after a quick entry to a lobby where I was quickly discarded I am beside myself on this.

It was with no explanation, even after a fellow SNAIL that has known me from past series said hello. I just got booted with no explanation on top of the "your not welcomed here".

I am besides myself right now. Knowing that this community is growing and could always need new blood to throw in with whatever. I understand it is a league night. In a league night I understand points matter also, but to be pushed to the side like I just was with no communication over 'this is a league Going message' or 'this is a weekly private event' had really deterred me.

I will keep with Jakedog and his SNAIL GT1 league, but I am put off from the rest of what happens here. A total shame because I have a few friends that do race in this community and would have loved to join it.

On league night things are trying to be moved quickly from step to step. I'm sure someone will get back to you after or tomorrow to sort things out. This is what's commonly known as a miscommunication. No worries.

On league night things are trying to be moved quickly from step to step. I'm sure someone will get back to you after or tomorrow to sort things out. This is what's commonly known as a miscommunication. No worries.
I really wish I could agree with this Scorpion, but in the manner it occurred I am truly put off. Like I said, I will run with the GT1 league, but I am truly beside myself over the manner of booting

It was pretty unprofessional in my eyes, and seemed like it took place in a manner that the host did not want to communicate that this was a 'private' or 'league event'.

It is disgraceful in my eyes and a big turn off.

Hell I have had Ned for years telling me to join SNAIL, but this is my hello and welcome...

Maybe try posting here first or try joining a practice lobby during the week first? Hell, there's the official one on Thursdays. Joining a league lobby on league night and hoping to get into a race is just expecting trouble. There's a time trial to do before you even get assigned a division. You can't just show up, no matter how friendly we are, to a league night. To reiterate, please join the Thursday night practice and have some fun. We're not that serious, only on Sundays from 9-11pm EST.

Well, I have known quite a few people that race with SNAIL over the past 4 to 5 years. I understand my PSN does not match up with my GTP screenname, but after a quick entry to a lobby where I was quickly discarded I am beside myself on this.

It was with no explanation, even after a fellow SNAIL that has known me from past series said hello. I just got booted with no explanation on top of the "your not welcomed here".

I am besides myself right now. Knowing that this community is growing and could always need new blood to throw in with whatever. I understand it is a league night. In a league night I understand points matter also, but to be pushed to the side like I just was with no communication over 'this is a league Going message' or 'this is a weekly private event' had really deterred me.

I will keep with Jakedog and his SNAIL GT1 league, but I am put off from the rest of what happens here. A total shame because I have a few friends that do race in this community and would have loved to join it.

wHAT DIVISION did you go into?
do you remember?

Things that seem obvious to SNAILs are not to newcomers. It is very easy for us to assume that non-SNAILs will assume what we expect but the fact that GTS has such poor options for communicating is unfortunately beginning to create this situation more often than (IMO) should be acceptable. I understand that promptness is important on race night but I think it is important to weight how valuable that promptness is when the possible side effect may sometimes be the
misinterpretation by a possible additional member. Taking an extra minute to type out a friendly explanation isn't going to sink the ship. Text is by default a poor means of quality communication. A little extra care could go a long way.

Things that seem obvious to SNAILs are not to newcomers. It is very easy for us to assume that non-SNAILs will assume what we expect but the fact that GTS has such poor options for communicating is unfortunately beginning to create this situation more often than (IMO) should be acceptable. I understand that promptness is important on race night but I think it is important to weight how valuable that promptness is when the possible side effect may sometimes be the
misinterpretation by a possible additional member. Taking an extra minute to type out a friendly explanation isn't going to sink the ship. Text is by default a poor means of quality communication. A little extra care could go a long way.

That was all I needed. It was just a put off to me. Minus the fact that back in GT6 I did join SNAIL and wanted to be apart of weekly races, the timing never worked out. But I believe you hit a nail, not Ned, on the head. Just a simple explanation would have meant more then a prompt kicking for the room I got.

Try not to take it harshly. Tonight is league night proper, not open lobby. Given the limitations and issues presented in gts, most lobby hosts have their hands full making sure that everyone that is supposed to be there is doing what they should be doing, laying down instructions and all the rest. Taking time out to explain that to every random that jumps into the lobby is not a luxury they have time for. Come back any other day, and you will find it to be a different story.
The problem is that GTS is extremely broken for league use compared to previous versions. There is just no good way to set up lobbies for private league usage that doesnt cause a ton of other issues so this is the best solution.
Dont take it personal, its a great crew here, PD just sucks at building a proper game these days.

I do not see you on the drivers list for any division. Therefore you were not allowed to race

but to be pushed to the side like I just was with no communication

You can thank PD for removing voice chat in lobbies. If this were GT6 I can assure you someone wouldve gotten on mic and said "Hey this is a league race, but check out our website for info".

Dont take it personal though. Everyone wants to finish the night in a timely manner, and it can be annoying to have to type everything out to people when they easily could just be a griefer and have absolutely zero interest in a league format. I dont think you were one of the ones to join D1 lobby tonight, but I did have to kick out a few people. I tried my best to type out "league race www.snailracing.org" to them if they did not leave on their own.

Doesn't every division have a designated typist with a keyboard? That should make long detailed sentences very easy to get across.

@Harry Rowley Glad you had fun! As you can tell the level of skill varies a lot even in one division. You'll find where you belong soon and you'll start having really good races from start to finish.

Our host or someone else in the room had to type out a message to non-members at least a dozen times tonight. It was done everytime, for every non-member that joined the room and we still finished right on time. There is no reason to ever just kick someone without explanation. These non-members could be future members and it's important to make a decent first impression.

I'm all for staying on schedule and kicking guys on sight that try and reenter multiple times but only after they get a short explanation as to why they are being asked to leave. A quick sample message would be, "This is a private league event. For more information please visit snailracing.org. Please leave the lobby and check us out." If you have a keyboard, it's a couple of seconds and that could be the difference between someone saying "screw SNAIL" and coming to this thread and joining us.

Our host or someone else in the room had to type out a message to non-members at least a dozen times tonight. It was done everytime, for every non-member that joined the room and we still finished right on time. There is no reason to ever just kick someone without explanation. These non-members could be future members and it's important to make a decent first impression.

I'm all for staying on schedule and kicking guys on sight that try and reenter multiple times but only after they get a short explanation as to why they are being asked to leave. A quick sample message would be, "This is a private league event. For more information please visit snailracing.org. Please leave the lobby and check us out." If you have a keyboard, it's a couple of seconds and that could be the difference between someone saying "screw SNAIL" and coming to this thread and joining us.

To all the texters. During the 30 minutes by race time, it is very ez 2 type.
"This is our official league night. Please visit SnailRacing.Org 2 find+"
B4 u send it, the 3 ... at the bottom allow u to copy and save it so that then all u have to do is paste it. EZ peeze lemon blah blah.

No reason to be rude. I also followed by shiny boots on.

Back