◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,633 comments
Without seeing the incident, there will be no comment about it.

With that being said. The penalty for any qualifying rules violations is disqualification from that race. Penalties are determined by the stewards. Being asked to sit out the race was not the correct procedure. The correct procedure would be to report the incident using the IR submission form and allowing the stewards to do their job.
I understand I didn't follow directions completely, I accept full responsibility for my actions.

What are you talking about? You're not even an active driver with us.
I thought I was supposed to be in that race and I didnt line up properly for qualification. So I was kicked because I wasn't supposed to be there in the first place?And I am color blind so it's a little confusing .Never mind.

Last edited:
Interesting note from today's IndyCar race a COTA in reference to the arguement over F1 vs IndyCar pace. Which ever your preference, there is no denying just how fast modern F1 cars are and the pilots that drive them.

1:48.8953 IndyCar Classic at Cota today
1:32.237 F1 (Lewis Hamilton 2018) Cota fast lap last year

Over 16.5 seconds...I thought they were a little closer in pace than that, but wow how that puts F1 speed in perspective.

On another note: Scores and votes are in for D2.
Congratulations to Rednose on another D2 win for the night.

Last edited:
Interesting note from today's IndyCar race a COTA in reference to the arguement over F1 vs IndyCar pace. Which ever your preference, there is no denying just how fast modern F1 cars are and the pilots that drive them.

1:48.8953 IndyCar Classic at Cota today
1:32.237 F1 (Lewis Hamilton 2018) Cota fast lap last year

Over 16.5 seconds...I thought they were a little closer in pace than that, but wow how that puts F1 speed in perspective.

On another note: Scores and votes are in for D2.
Congratulations to Rednose on another D2 win for the night.
Jeez, I had no idea they had that much separation in pace. That's just crazy. Watching both, the pace doesn't seem like there is that much of a difference.

Free SNAIL plug on the FIA Leaderboard :cheers:

download (1).jpg

Without seeing the incident, there will be no comment about it.

With that being said. The penalty for any qualifying rules violations is disqualification from that race. Penalties are determined by the stewards. Being asked to sit out the race was not the correct procedure. The correct procedure would be to report the incident using the IR submission form and allowing the stewards to do their job.
Could you please clarify this rule, and how it is to be applied? You say disqualification of “that” race is the penalty, but we have to fill out an IR and have the stewards review the incident and apply any penalties, so my question is, do we wait for a ruling before starting “that” race, or is not actually that race that the individual is disqualified from?
I’m only asking because I wasn’t sure about it last night, and it sounds like the wrong decision was made.
Also, it might be a really good time for everyone to review the qualifying procedures, so we don’t have to worry about applying this rule!

Could you please clarify this rule, and how it is to be applied? You say disqualification of “that” race is the penalty, but we have to fill out an IR and have the stewards review the incident and apply any penalties, so my question is, do we wait for a ruling before starting “that” race, or is not actually that race that the individual is disqualified from?
I’m only asking because I wasn’t sure about it last night, and it sounds like the wrong decision was made.
Also, it might be a really good time for everyone to review the qualifying procedures, so we don’t have to worry about applying this rule!
What I read, is that if there is a disqualifying offense during qualifying, the driver may race, and any drivers affected may file an IR. If upon review the offense meets criteria for disqualification, that race's result for that driver will be voided.

What I read, is that if there is a disqualifying offense during qualifying, the driver may race, and any drivers affected may file an IR. If upon review the offense meets criteria for disqualification, that race's result for that driver will be voided.

That is the correct procedure.

Think about it this way. Driver "A" is catching up to driver "B". "B" moves off the racing line but "A" doesn't feel that "B" did enough to allow "A" to go through. If it was determined after review by the stewards that "B" did, in fact, not allow a clean pass without holding up "A" then "B" would received a point penalty equal to the amount of points earned in race 1 of that round.

If this were to be enforced on the spot it would be up to one driver who is involved in the incident to make a decision to not allow another driver to race. How does that even seem like a good idea? All racing incidents are to be submitted to the stewards and reviewed before any type of penalty is handed out.

However, that is not how the guidleine to qualifying is written. It can easily be miss interpreted as @DublDee indicated above. We had a similiar incident in D5 several weeks ago, but the division manger and I gave the driver a warning.

Qualifying Rules

Prior to the first race of each combo drivers must immediately drive to a spot beyond turn one where qualifying will start and line up single file. The scorekeeper must be the first driver in line. The host will remain on pit road during this time.

Once the driver count has been verified, the host will give instructions to start qualifying and leave pit road to join in at the back of the line. Drivers should give 5 seconds between the driver in front of them leaving and when they start.

Qualifying is not the race. If you get caught from behind during the qualifying session you must allow the driver to pass without incident or opposition.

All drivers will complete an out lap and one hot lap for qualifying.

If, at any time during the out lap or the hot lap, a driver leaves the racing surface for any reason, except to avoid another car on track, they are to pull completely off the track and out of the way at the earliest safe location and wait for the qualifying session to end. They are not to attempt to re-enter the track for any reason.

If a driver is caught from behind during qualifying, they must get off the racing line and allow the driver that caught them to pass without incident.

Once drivers have completed their hot lap, they are to stop on the track far enough past the start finish line as to not be a distraction to anyone finishing a lap.

Once the host has completed his hot lap, he will check that no non-members have entered (kick as necessary) and start the race.

This process can be modified for shorter tracks or to change from 5 seconds if deemed necessary.

Failure to comply with qualifying rules will result in a disqualification for that race.

(This needs to be better defined and have a set process to follow)

However, that is not how the guidleine to qualifying is written. It can easily be miss interpreted as @DublDee indicated above. We had a similiar incident in D5 several weeks ago, but the division manger and I gave the driver a warning.

Qualifying Rules

Prior to the first race of each combo drivers must immediately drive to a spot beyond turn one where qualifying will start and line up single file. The scorekeeper must be the first driver in line. The host will remain on pit road during this time.

Once the driver count has been verified, the host will give instructions to start qualifying and leave pit road to join in at the back of the line. Drivers should give 5 seconds between the driver in front of them leaving and when they start.

Qualifying is not the race. If you get caught from behind during the qualifying session you must allow the driver to pass without incident or opposition.

If, at any time during the out lap or the hot lap, a driver leaves the racing surface for any reason, except to avoid another car on track, they are to pull completely off the track and out of the way at the earliest safe location and wait for the qualifying session to end. They are not to attempt to re-enter the track for any reason.

If a driver is caught from behind during qualifying, they must get off the racing line and allow the driver that caught them to pass without incident.

Once drivers have completed their hot lap, they are to stop on the track far enough past the start finish line as to not be a distraction to anyone finishing a lap.

Once the host has completed his hot lap, he will check that no non-members have entered (kick as necessary) and start the race.

This process can be modified for shorter tracks or to change from 5 seconds if deemed necessary.

Failure to comply with qualifying rules will result in a disqualification for that race.

You beat me to this point. I looked this up as well last night during the discrepancy (I wasn't in the party chat, but knew what was going on via text box) and it did seem a bit vague upon reading. It wasn't until I read JLBowler's post after the fact here in the thread clarifying how the procedure should have been followed. Ashame it came up the way it did, but glad it did so it can be better referenced for future situations.

There will be some edits made to the qualifying rules as well as the Incident Reporting Instructions to further clarify how to handle this particular situation.

Qualifying Rules

You beat me to this point. I looked this up as well last night during the discrepancy (I wasn't in the party chat, but knew what was going on via text box) and it did seem a bit vague upon reading. It wasn't until I read JLBowler's post after the fact here in the thread clarifying how the procedure should have been followed. Ashame it came up the way it did, but glad it did so it can be better referenced for future situations.

Back