◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Great practice sessions tonight guys. Good to see the new guys are clean and fast. Hope D4 is ready for the goat horns!

Great practice until I got booted again:( had two great races at spa with vail and iq:) third race went wrong when someone got sideways at eau rouge and I had no where to go. Sorry about that guys. Ended up swapping paint with vail while 40 seconds behind:) was rocking with the NSX when got booted:( I love that car:)

Oh that.. well i dont get that cuz the problem is not just the money.. is also the space XD.. next year i wont be living on my house so is wouldnt be the greatest idea to buy a dfgt.. its complicated to explain.. but i appreciate your advice ;D

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye​

Announcing the October Lineup for S.N.A.I.L.I.E.N. SPEC Racing​

The Drivers List has been updated with Promotions and Relegations for the month of October.

Yet again, I'd like to point out there's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Why do we do this?

1. To congratulate you on a season well raced.
2. To get you in races, you will be racing in, not just driving.
3. To incent you to improve your driving and racecraft.
4. To make it possible for you to have fun playing GT5.

We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb

Everyone who didn't already have access to the lounge they're assigned to for the October season should now have a FR waiting in their PSN inbox. If you don't have access to the lounge of the division you're assigned to, please let me know asap!

Hi guys, I'm back :) You go away for a month and EVERYTHING changes! All my racing buddies are either D1 or D2 now, congrats guys!

Can I please be removed from the DL? My crazy September is over and I'll be back in the seat tonight (a new seat actually, check out my new rig in my sig). The one thing is that I went to practice today with my freshly broken-in cars and PSN says that the GT5 server is down :scared: What does all this mean?

pilmat
Hi guys, I'm back :) You go away for a month and EVERYTHING changes! All my racing buddies are either D1 or D2 now, congrats guys!

Can I please be removed from the DL? My crazy September is over and I'll be back in the seat tonight (a new seat actually, check out my new rig in my sig). The one thing is that I went to practice today with my freshly broken-in cars and PSN says that the GT5 server is down :scared: What does all this mean?

Basically if you can get in a lobby your lucky. I run SPEC Racing and we had to use a public lobby last night. We even had to restart the race because quite a few of us got disconnected. Maybe tonight will be better.

What is SNAILs protocol for full room disconnections mid-race? Every room I've been in has had complete room shut-downs this weekend. 75% of the time I can't get in the room to begin with.

Uh oh. This is sounding bad. I haven't been in a room for a few days now, but it sounds like its going to be a long night.

What is SNAILs protocol for full room disconnections mid-race? Every room I've been in has had complete room shut-downs this weekend. 75% of the time I can't get in the room to begin with.

Hey carracertp,

As zer05ive said in this post, PD and Sony are working on the issue so hopefully we don't run into it tonight. If we do start having room wide issues, we'll postpone this week and run the same combos next week.

The Division Directors can all communicate through Google Docs and so it would be a league wide shut down, decided on by the Directors. We'll be using our thread as a means to let everyone know, if/when that happens.

If any S.N.A.I.L.s experience connection issues tonight, please post in this thread. We'll be monitoring it and the individual lounges.

Cross everything you can cross :)

kcheeb

EDIT: Nice one Goat 👍

Last edited:
crossstreams-434.jpg

I have run a few laps in each and have gotten these times:
Vette 2:22.8
NSX RM 1:26.1
DB9 2:33.4

I didn't get much hot lapping time in last night, but those times look fast as usual 👍
Hey carracertp,

As zer05ive said in this post, PD and Sony are working on the issue so hopefully we don't run into it tonight. If we do start having room wide issues, we'll postpone this week and run the same combos next week.

I think rooms are still blowing up now. Hope it's sorted by race time.

I didn't get much hot lapping time in last night, but those times look fast as usual 👍

They're so quick that I couldn't even touch them last night. Granted, I only ran Suzuka for 5 laps, but wasn't even able to get one in the 23s; i just kept making little mistakes every lap. o.O Tonight's going to be fun :)

Great practice until I got booted again:( had two great races at spa with vail and iq:) third race went wrong when someone got sideways at eau rouge and I had no where to go. Sorry about that guys. Ended up swapping paint with vail while 40 seconds behind:) was rocking with the NSX when got booted:( I love that car:)

WOW! Great late night practice and laughter seccion with Jobyone, Kuul, Sandblazter, Iroquois, Skills,Wolf and Gamble 420! Look out, these racers are fast and clean! Thanks for the fun guys!!!!:cheers:

I keep getting "Error 282" every time I try to go on-line. My GT5 home page (where you choose GT Life/Arcade/etc. reports that the server is down and that they are working on it...

I also started the grinder today and it seems to be working fine. Goat and Handlebar, can you see if you're getting races in on your bobs?

They're so quick that I couldn't even touch them last night. Granted, I only ran Suzuka for 5 laps, but wasn't even able to get one in the 23s; i just kept making little mistakes every lap. o.O Tonight's going to be fun :)

:lol: I have hope :dopey:

I just hoped in some nascar rooms and yes, they are still messed up network wise.

so let's get this straight before the race.
Brake balance is allowed
Aids are allowed, just ask the room owner 4 them, right ?

( driving line, Slide recovery, active steering and ABS )

i was trying to get a lap time, but im too slow now, need to sleep i just came home from the night shift

Brake balance is allowed

i was trying to get a lap time, but im too slow now, need to sleep i just came home from the night shift

Correct, brake balance is free to adjust. Aids are only allowed in D5.

Was just in SNAIL_Division1 for about 20 minutes and got disco'd from the lobby server, sigh.

Brake balance is allowed

Hey OUTLAW---666,

What dabney said :)

If you want to use any aids other than abs in D5, just let handlebar know and he'll turn them on. Just a heads up, if you do use any extra aids, you won't be eligible for promotion at the end of the month 👍

And, don't compare your times to carracerptp and VELOCI_2NR, they are very fast and in Division 1 :)

Get some rest!

OUTLAW---666
Brake balance is allowed

I thought it was only ABS, TC and driving line. Do we open all of the assists in D5?

I thought it was only ABS, TC and driving line. Do we open all of the assists in D5?

*LEAGUE POLICY UPDATE*

Effective immediately, any driver competing in Division 5 with a controller may request that TCS and/or the Driving Line be allowed. If that request is made, anyone competing in the division at that time may use those aids if they wish. However, drivers who choose to use those aids will become ineligible for promotion to Division 4.

I think you're right, Handlebar.

Back