◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,417 comments
Host can start on time. Only reason to delay start, is to allow a person already in the lobby their 3 minutes to fix connection issues

8/27 Scores copied to data.

August 28th Standings.png

With the possibility of us going 2divs next season, I really enjoyed racing with all levels of skills and personalities, lots of great racing battles, I enjoy the bigger grids I don’t care about winning.
Totally agree with you ! The bigger the grid, bigger will be the probability that people will find others with a pace similar to them to battle on track. Unfortunately, we are far from the numbers we were seeing 10 years ago on GT5 and GT6 but I believe that bigger grids bring more people and makes it more fun for everyone.

2023-08-27 Race 1.jpg

2023-08-27 Race 2.jpg

2023-08-27 Race 2 (2).jpg

Pretty proud of that overtake from the POV of @Xradkins with a dab of opposite lock !
2023-08-27 Race 2 (3).jpg

Much less proud of that one, seconds before disaster. Never try to overtake in the tunnel, bad idea. Sorry again @Dragonwhisky I should have waited for the next corner. My bad ! :(
2023-08-27 Race 3.jpg

2023-08-27 Race 4.jpg

2023-08-27 Race 4 (2).jpg

2023-08-27 Race 5.jpg

2023-08-27 Race 6.jpg

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on August 27, 2023

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (91.00)
  2. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 82 (82.00)
  3. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 77 (77.00)
  4. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - Prize A
  7. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - Prize B
  8. Flyingdisc315 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 - Prize C
  9. Gurney_67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. Vinnybear440 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. TokenTimmy -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  14. Unsteddie --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Honda NSX Type R '02 (SS) at Tokyo Expressway - South Clockwise - S01 Dawn (8 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Dragonwhisky wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01 (RH) at Circuit de Sainte-Croix C - S03 Night (4 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @racingchamp30 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Chiochansan so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
With the possibility of us going 2divs next season, I really enjoyed racing with all levels of skills and personalities, lots of great racing battles, I enjoy the bigger grids I don’t care about winning.
100% agree! I love the big fields. I'll be happy to go back to Div2, just don't want to race with only 3-4 cars. But I can see the need for two divisions once everyone is done with their Summer activities and they come back to racing

I like the fuller racing grids as well and that way we all get to see the possibility of what fast is. I am so close to a podium finish most races, even with a Logitech wheel. If all I need to podium is a new wheel at over half a grand $$$, I'll stay with the G29 and laugh even harder when I do! Please keep the group large and PARTY on Garth!

Last edited:
I like the fuller racing grids as well and that way we all get to see the possibility of what fast is. I am so close to a podium finish most races, even with a Logitech wheel. If all I need to podium is a new wheel at over half a grand $$$, I'll stay with the G29 and laugh even harder when I do! Please keep the group large and PARTY on Garth!
Man I really need to start using my wheel. I haven't used it ones since coming back to snail. It would probably make a huge difference, I know the combos from this past weekend definitely needed it. The ps4 controller sucks lol

I certainly benefitted from the division merge. I found it lonely circulating at the back of D1 by my self. Kind of like @Timlour or @Worst_Driver , et.al. when they run away into the distance in the lead, only not as satisfying. :D I've had some really fun battles for 12th, even keeping up with mid-pack at times. And hey, it gives the front runners something to do while catching back up to the lead after a major off, pass the D1Lites.😁

I got a T300 after years on a G27. Keep your G29 until it breaks, your pace is increasing every sunday you’ll be good without spending a grand…but if you have the means higher end wheels are always nice but it won’t make you faster…only poorer and happier I guess 😂

As long as you have a good solid setup so that you can brake hard and stomp on that brake pedal thats the key ! And some practice during the week of course ;)

With that said, I will probably move to a direct drive once my T300 dies but its been almost two years without a hiccup.

Last edited:
Man I really need to start using my wheel. I haven't used it ones since coming back to snail. It would probably make a huge difference, I know the combos from this past weekend definitely needed it. The ps4 controller sucks lol
You need to buy a buttkicker LFE or Concert?
You should bring your Challenger to the Friday night impromptu car show at Tower and Hampden. We can meet up.

Last edited:
You need to buy a buttkicker LFE or Concert?
You should bring your Challenger to the Friday night impromptu car show at Tower and Hampden. We can meet up.
Man I haven't been to that hang out spot in a long time. I'd definitely be down before the snow starts

Being a relatively new driver to Snail, I feel like the bigger grid races are better overall. I have really enjoyed racing much more since it has merged. I have a lot to learn still and feel that this current 1 division is helping me much more than racing in smaller divisions. Snail has pushed me to race cars that I'm not familiar with or that good at. (proof with the Aventador 750 last week). I hope we keep it 1 group until we absolutely can't. This league has taken the game and my experience with it to the next level. Thank you all

@Chiochansan this means you get to pick a track. Again, no hurry as there is no racing until the 10th.
However, a track would mean I get to practice in the car I missed out on last week. I missed the switch of 911s (all me) and ended up a record 13 seconds!! per lap!! off FL time. About triple my usual lag time. My goal for next race night is to not be a standing crash site, ie. as in the tunnel at Tokyo. 😊🙁

Just to give you a heads up @CANOWORMS1 I'm thinking st croix B, Kyoto driving park yamagiwa, grand valley highway one reverse. I may not pick one of these but I probably will.
GVR reverse has an awful bottleneck right after the first long left sweeper in the tunnel. Its a recipe for disaster. I picked a month or two ago and it got elimininated after one night. The forward configuration solves the problem or GVR east reverse turns right before the bottleneck.

Stupid idea from PD to put a narrow bridge there.

Back