◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,596 comments
Sunday Night Combos.png
Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, June 16th, 2024 Lineup
June 2024 Season League Night #2

1. Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01 on SM Tires @ Trial Mountain Circuit - S01 Evening - (7 Laps)
2. Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car on SS Tires @ High Speed Ring - Reverse - S01 Early Morning - (12 Laps)​
3. Ford Mustang Gr.4 on RH Tires @ Alsace Village - S09 Early Morning - (7 Laps)​

June 16th Combos.png

I went to Berlin for this week's Car-Show, where Euro 2024 is set to kick off later this afternoon. (Allez les Bleus)

The Porsche 911 GT3 is a great pick. Although I've yet to spend much time with this one, I dressed mine up in accordance the 2022 version I drove in @llNovall Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, complete with all of the RED Amateur status identifiers.

IMG_5145.JPG

Wishing all Snails a happy Father's Day.
Let’s see those cars.
See you Sunday.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain I will not be able to race Sunday night, even with a controller. See you next week. I'll practice the combos just in case I feel up for it.
Too bad none racers can’t join the Sunday lobby. You could try being @jimmybroadbent

This week's Donkey Kong Challenge:

License IA-8 Tricky Consecutive Corners

Level 1 - 23.967
Level 2 - 23.220
Level 3 - 22.437
Level 4 - 21.963

What level are you?

Open to all SNAIL (past & present) members

To make up for missing last week, this one has a little extra chilli pepper to it.
Great Donkey Kong challenge as usual @JamCar0ne ! A little too much Chilli pepper for me, but I'm happy with my time set on Wednesday. Had minor surgery Thursday morning so I'm on a controller for 7 days. It would be a miracle for me to improve at this point.

Nostradamus sees several D1 guys, including jamcar0ne, easily break into the Top 10 if they give it a shot.

Last edited:
That is a bold prediction!
Did you notice the levels start a bit lower on this one?
But now I need to give it another shot.
You can do it! Keeping the car straight on the line you want once you hit the brakes was the hardest part at first. Hitting the last corner using as much track as possible from entry to apex to wall...that's where the time was for me. Need to explore the limits there.

Last edited:
You can do it! Keeping the car straight on the line you want once you hit the brakes was the hardest part at first. Hitting the last corner using as much track as possible from entry to apex to wall...that's where the time was for me. Need to explore the limits there.
After about 100 miles :eek: managed to take four tenths off my time. Getting a decent line through the first left helps. Tried to straddle the sausage curb without much success. But the last right hander is key, so much time to make there.

After about 100 miles :eek: managed to take four tenths off my time. Getting a decent line through the first left helps. Tried to straddle the sausage curb without much success. But the last right hander is key, so much time to make there.
22.127!
Take a break and you'll get a 21

Remember that your mind processes the day while you sleep and learns, moving memories into different parts of your brain. You will likely come back tomorrow and easily find 2 tenths. I'm sure it's happend to you like this many times.

"The type of learning that happens during sleep tends to involve pairing, conditioning, and associations. These abilities could potentially help you remember a piece of music or pick up a new language more quickly."
https://www.healthline.com/health/s... music or pick up a new language more quickly.

I'm getting a little bored.

Last edited:
I'm almost done but need to test tire Temps at race start. Can someone join for 5 min?
Thank you @DublDee and tea? For jumping in. Very interesting tire temp test. FYI, you can read all telemetry in simhub on a lap top. As long as it's on the same network as your ps5...the magic happens automatically.

Tire Temps start at 70 but I wasn't able to keep the temp up in the rears and the wrx got really loose in the back for me.
Any advice?
I'd be curious to know the tire temps difference between the fastest lap and a slower lap time. I saw a video last year and the guy was comparing his tire temps vs a top tier GTWS player. Top drivers were able to keep much more heat in the tires at all time. He was able to see it through the replays.

Combo 3 race 1 (gr4 mustang) from last week would be interesting. (high speed and lots of turns).

Simhub allows me to see my Temps real time but not from replays. I'll try to figure out how to get Temps from replays as I've seen it done.

The difference between different cars in the same class can be huge.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to know the tire temps difference between the fastest lap and a slower lap time. I saw a video last year and the guy was comparing his tire temps vs a top tier GTWS player. Top drivers were able to keep much more heat in the tires at all time. He was able to see it through the replays.

Combo 3 race 1 (gr4 mustang) from last week would be interesting. (high speed and lots of turns).
I learned something about tire temperature from watching the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring a few weeks ago. I always thought that the cars weaved left and right during the formation lap in order to warm up the tires, but apparently this isn't the case. One of the commentators said that the drivers heat up the tires by accelerating and then hitting the brakes, accelerating and then hitting the brakes, over and over again. They weave left and right in order to break in the tires - kind of like breaking in a pair of work boots - so they get better traction.

Last edited:
Back