◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,488 comments
A few artsy photos to get back in the game. Trying some different things this time...
1719495019077.png

"Tokyo Extreme Racer"
1719495180695.png

"Morning Sun"
1719495345107.png

"What Glare?"

1719495414066.png

"Buddy Up"
1719495459065.png

"You Better Run"
1719495506745.png

"The Crowd Go's Wild"
1719495577255.png

Thanks for viewing.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 23, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - Prize B
  3. Rasta_Senpai ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. DRD_Niagara ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. DUB-L-DEE --------- did not submit a vote
  10. Wareaglewar1968 --- did not submit a vote
Division 2

1. yuhboiari --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Ineligible for Prize)
  2. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize A
  3. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - Ineligible for Prize)
  4. Kakalaylay -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Ineligible for Prize)
  5. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Flyingdisc315 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - Prize C
  8. SlimReaper1974 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. es_danny868 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. TokenTimmy -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. cesarr64 ---------- did not submit a vote
  12. Cdn_Sweet_Tee ----- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Honda 2&4 powered by RC213V (SS) at Alsace Village - S09 Early Morning (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Fudman420 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01 (SM) at Trial Mountain Circuit - S01 Early Morning (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Xradkins gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Chiochansan so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Sardegna layout A
I second this

This week's Donkey Kong Challenge:

Moby Dick Intermediate Drifting 1

Level 1 - 1000
Level 2 - 6500
Level 3 - 11,500
Level 4 - 46,050

What level are you?

Open to all SNAIL (past & present) members

Cooling things off a bit from the recent chili peppers, this one is a little more controller friendly.

I’ve been a GT fan since its inception but I’m really considering switching over to AC once EVO comes out. Looks amazing!

Level 1 - 1000
Level 2 - 6500
Level 3 - 11,500
Level 4 - 46,050

What level are you?

Cooling things off a bit from the recent chili peppers, this one is a little more controller friendly.
Is the other one done?

Level 1 - 1000
Level 2 - 6500
Level 3 - 11,500
Level 4 - 46,050

What level are you?

I'm level 2 at best. Someone help me...please! 😫 🤪

Ok, level 1 at best.

Last edited:
I’ve been a GT fan since its inception but I’m really considering switching over to AC once EVO comes out. Looks amazing!

Sucks it doesn't use vr2, cars handle way different .

From what I’ve heard the cars handling in ACC is quite a bit more realistic. Any truth yeah kinda its like more loose in my opinion I only tried it out for about a week and I couldn't get into it enough to buy it and you got to buy all the tracks BTW didn't like that part either. But I'd definitely get more opinions on it it's also not ranked as good as gt7.

A few artsy photos to get back in the game. Trying some different things this time...
View attachment 1368091
"Tokyo Extreme Racer"
View attachment 1368092
"Morning Sun"
View attachment 1368094
"What Glare?"

View attachment 1368095
"Buddy Up"
View attachment 1368096
"You Better Run"
View attachment 1368097
"The Crowd Go's Wild"
View attachment 1368099
Thanks for viewing.
I really like what you have done. I especially like the black and white tunnel shot. And the one with the blurred cars in front of the cheering crowd, with the cruise ship in the background, is great. That will be part of my repertoire this week. Keep up the good work. It's always fun to view your photos and to see people's perspective of racing. :D:cheers:

I just got back from the Yukon trip and wanted to work on the returning combo. In practice I found you could cut a couple of the corners in the chicane of death, nicely and heavily. The IRs I saw made me concerned and question the white line as 'Out of Bounds'. And I found this in the Snail OLR:

The white line at the track edge is the track boundary unless there is a striped rumble strip present or the section of track is listed here as an exception to this rule. The white line and / or the rumble strip will be considered part of the track surface.

I take those big-bummed curbs as 'striped rumble strips'. And I thought cutting class was fun. 😁

Edit:
PS,
While I was watching replays I saw @basswerks1 had their windshield wipers going...secret weapon?

Last edited:
I just got back from the Yukon trip and wanted to work on the returning combo. In practice I found you could cut a couple of the corners in the chicane of death, nicely and heavily. The IRs I saw made me concerned and question the white line as 'Out of Bounds'. And I found this in the Snail OLR:

The white line at the track edge is the track boundary unless there is a striped rumble strip present or the section of track is listed here as an exception to this rule. The white line and / or the rumble strip will be considered part of the track surface.

I take those big-bummed curbs as 'striped rumble strips'. And I thought cutting class was fun. 😁

Edit:
PS,
While I was watching replays I saw @basswerks1 had their windshield wipers going...secret weapon?
it helps the aero

lol

Prize C will be taking the Porshe to Sardegna A REVERSE, SUNSET, Cloudy O6. mid lap time about 2:03.

I tested all suggested. Red bull would be too much red bull for 1 night, Atlanta was fun but more of a time trial feel, Sardenga is a great fit for the car, really lets the legs stretch and the curves are great, but it felt stale. The reverse layout brought some freshness so I decided to go with that. Thanks for the suggestions! 🥏
1719576314471.png

Last edited:
Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, June 30th, 2024 Lineup
June 2024 Season League Night #4

1. Toyota 86 GT '15 on SH Tires @ Dragontrail International Raceway Seaside - S10 Early Morning - (7 Laps)
2. Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01 on SM Tires @ Sardegna - Road Track Layout A Reverse - C06 Sunset - (8 Laps)​
3. McLaren 650S Gr.4 on RH Tires @ Red Bull Ring - S18 Late Morning - (10 Laps)​

June 30th Combos.png

Last edited:
It's Canada Day long weekend for us Canucks so I stayed in Canada for the Car-Show. I wish Ottawa was available in the Scapes but no such luck, so I opted for Vancouver.

SHARE_20240628_0155110.jpeg

Another lacrosse tournament for the kid means a busy weekend and uncertainty regarding my schedule for Sunday. I'll have a hard time finding practice time.

Maybe if I spent more seat time instead of Car-Shows and Post-Race pictures/commentary, I might have more than 1 checkered flag to my name? But I'm having fun and it breaks-up the week nicely.

@Chiochansan nice job on the pics
@Fudman420 I like the McLaren you picked. I think we last had it in February but it's one of my favorite cars in the game. I’d love to see the McLaren 720 added to the game.

Let's see those cars.
See you Sunday (I hope)

Last edited:
It's Canada Day long weekend for us Canucks so I stayed in Canada for the Car-Show. I wish Ottawa was available in the Scapes but no such luck, so I opted for Vancouver.

View attachment 1368383

Another lacrosse tournament for the kid means a busy weekend and uncertainty regarding my schedule for Sunday. I'll have a hard time finding practice time.

Maybe if I spent more seat time instead of Car-Shows and Post-Race pictures/commentary, I might have more than 1 checkered flag to my name? But I'm having fun and it breaks-up the week nicely.

@Chiochansan nice job on the pics
@Fudman420 I like the McLaren you picked. I think we last had it in February but it's one of my favorite cars in the game. I’d love to see the McLaren 720 added to the game.

Let's see those cars.
See you Sunday (I hope)

From Trinidad 🇹🇹 ♥️

Attachments

• 1905cc01eab41-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1905cc01eab41-screenshotUrl.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1
Back