◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,424 comments

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on July 28, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  2. smoove_cuda ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - Prize A
  4. Rasta_Senpai ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. DRD_Niagara ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. yuhboiari --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize C
  9. Kakalaylay -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Fudman420 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2

1. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Daggamasta -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. DRGNWGN ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Tex_Hill ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - Prize B
  6. Cdn_Sweet_Tee ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. beck7_868 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. es_danny868 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. cesarr64 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Alfa Romeo 4C '14 (SM) at Grand Valley South - S01 Afternoon (12 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @DublDee wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT500 '16 (RM) at Daytona International Speedway - Road Course - S09 Night (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @TexHill gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @yuhboiari so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines
I pass the freeze.

I have read the first post and would like to join.

Just joined GTPlanet and looked for a league to join to become a better driver!
@Michael Chou

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

As per a discussion I've had with some members over the past few weeks, I figured I'd throw this out there!

Are the BOD willing to reconsider the implementation of used cars for SNAIL Sundays (pre 2001 models)? Yes, we can choose them. But, based on the current requirements, they're automatically swapped for the back-up car during the following week. We have seen a significant reduction in UCD choices and I'd bet it's because of this. I know I've turned away from choosing them due to 1) having to choose a back-up and 2) knowing they'll only last a week.

Can we please reconsider it so that the UCD cars stick around a bit longer? We're 2.5 years into this game. If people don't have cars that are less than 100,000 at this point, then.... why not? We have ample opportunity to earn credits needed now for low-cost cars and the UCD rotation means that cars are unavailable for a max of 3 weeks (I believe it's actually more like 2).

Last edited:
Here's where SNAIL ran Eiger previously;

1722381736414.png

Not sure it's a good idea to run Sunday at Eiger just yet. I know all the SpaceX cars glitching are not confined to Eiger and they are almost all extreme tune / swaps, but still. Probably best not to take risks there.

Last edited:

View attachment 1376878

Not sure it's a good idea to run Sunday at Eiger just yet. I know all the SpaceX cars glitching are not confined to Eiger and they are almost all extreme tune / swaps, but still. Probably best not to take risks there.

I agree…would’ve been quite the throwback though. Not sure how many current drivers would’ve been involved in any of those

I agree…would’ve been quite the throwback though. Not sure how many current drivers would’ve been involved in any of those
Maybe grab some friends and try your combo on for size. I remember some good races there but damn that was a long time ago. Can't recall the level of chaos experienced.

View attachment 1376878

Thanks for sharing this. I forgot about the karts. Imma rip some of them around Eiger tonight!

As per a discussion I've had with some members over the past few weeks, I figured I'd throw this out there!

Are the BOD willing to reconsider the implementation of used cars for SNAIL Sundays (pre 2001 models)? Yes, we can choose them. But, based on the current requirements, they're automatically swapped for the back-up car during the following week. We have seen a significant reduction in UCD choices and I'd bet it's because of this. I know I've turned away from choosing them due to 1) having to choose a back-up and 2) knowing they'll only last a week.

Can we please reconsider it so that the UCD cars stick around a bit longer? We're 2.5 years into this game. If people don't have cars that are less than 100,000 at this point, then.... why not? We have ample opportunity to earn credits needed now for low-cost cars and the UCD rotation means that cars are unavailable for a max of 3 weeks (I believe it's actually more like 2).

I totally agree and would love to see that change come soon.

We ran Cat n Mouse at Eiger the other day and there were no issues at all. The cats are open tuning, some with engines swaps and extreme tunes. Eiger has proven to be a stable track. Interesting tip.. there is a little car park opposite the pit entrance that you can drive into, maybe fit a dozen cars in there.

Niagara's Weekly What I saw Column:
20240728 Edition

July is in the books and we saw a total of 29 different drivers participate this month. @Worst_Driver 's absence this month meant additional podium spots were available for the humans in the group.

After a relative calmer week 3, I think this past Sunday marked a return to the Elbows-Out type of racing. I've also been struggling to adapt my wheel to the new physics brought by the 1.49 update. My DD Pro is nerfed and I'm still playing with settings.

Combo #1:
The Toyota 86 is replaced by the Alfa Romeo 4C. I've always noticed the fans perched high on these rocks but race orgaziners are risking lawsuits by allowing them up here without protective walls or fencing.
SHARE_20240731_0124150.jpeg

This was my funny moment of the night. I saw @DublDee , still reeling from being punk'ed by the Bait & Switch move that @A_Higher_Place pulled on him last week, tries to pull it off on me in the 1st race of the night. But i've spent much time documenting that sequence in last week's write-up to fall for it. This is the kind of comedy that keeps me coming back to Snail.
Nicely done @DublDee
SHARE_20240731_0124440.jpeg

Maybe the physics, maybe the car (I'm not experienced enough to tell) but I stuggled a bit on this downhill and I saw planty of others too. @JamCar0ne and I had a decent little battle. I saw him opt for a high risk/high reward move on this downhill but control was lost and it looks like he totalled his Alfa Romeo
SHARE_20240731_0125070.jpeg

Combo #2:
I continue to enjoy this one and it appears that it'll be back for a 3rd week next Sunday. Mistakes occur but there's battles happening at the front, the middle and the back of the grid.
SHARE_20240731_0126350.jpeg

I saw @A_Higher_Place and @Kgffy stop for a chat during C2R1.
SHARE_20240731_0126010.jpeg

I saw @basswerks1 lead @Fudman420 , myself and @A_Higher_Place for quite a few laps. The order changed a bit but we spent a few laps together.
SHARE_20240731_0125350.jpeg

Combo #3:

I picked this one as I don't recall racing a Gr.2 car in my time with Snail and I do enjoy night racing at Daytona.

I believe we all got off cleanly at the start of C3R1. Maybe we were all using our radars but even at three wide, turn #1 seemed to be clean.
SHARE_20240731_0127020.jpeg

I saw myself chase @yuhboiari for quite some time in C3R1. I pushed too hard and on lap 9 of 9, I was too quick on the accelerator and lost control. I fell from 5th place to 11th place.
SHARE_20240731_0127280.jpeg

Unfortunately, our start on C3R2 wasn't nearly as clean at the previous race. I've got every car captured here except for @Nicktune. With the reverse grid start, he started at the far back and gained several positions by the time he exited turn #1 by simply being patient. A lesson for all of us.
SHARE_20240731_0127520.jpeg

I managed to lead for a few laps but my dreams of glory were ended as I couldn't hold off @A_Higher_Place . He passed me in lap #3 or #4 and as I saw his taillights fade ahead of me, I came to the realization that my drought would continue.
SHARE_20240731_0128130.jpeg

Thank you for your patience. See you at the Car-Show.

Last edited:
That's a pretty good time. My best lap on a controller is 2:05. Could make the difference between 7 laps or 8.
Think we'll take Tex's word over your "controller" time there. :P:lol: I know you ain't rollin' no pad for good times. Much as it might be a bit painful to say it, if Tex is running 2:02s in an offline TT, them D1 Snailiens be running 1:58s 'fore it's all said and done.

I was feeling pretty good about my controller time, but yeah sometimes I do suck. I know it. Just worried about total race time for us in D2.

Last edited:
Back