◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,460 comments
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National Layout.

You unfortunately need a back up car for that suggestion. Also, it will be gone from the UCD in two days making it uneligible for SNAIL (again unfortunately even more than two years into the game)

You still have time to propose something else ;)

If you want to be sure that the car you pick will be available until sunday night put that site in your favorites.

A heads up for anyone in the New England area this weekend, Lime Rock is hosting Gridlife Friday-Sunday. We're racing Friday and Saturday, with a big car show Sunday, usually ~800 cars. I will be running 80hp down or 800lbs overweight in the back of GLTC. But it's going to be a fun time, so if you find yourself in Southern New England, feel free to stop by and say Hi. Myself an at least one former Snail will be there. Look for my ratty Civic, though it will be in GLTC livery and running my usual # 79 instead of how the car looks here.

0810241757c_HDR.jpg

You unfortunately need a back up car for that suggestion. Also, it will be gone from the UCD in two days making it uneligible for SNAIL (again unfortunately even more than two years into the game)

If you want to be sure that the car you pick will be available until sunday night put that site in your favorites.
What's the minimum day limit to pass this outdated rule? 3 days? 4 days?

Wow glad to see my combo with the Ruf at Monza is sticking around another week!
The more I drive it, the more I like it.
It's an amazingly smooth car to drive! I'd much rather a different track but it's nice to be able to drive something that quick that doesn't want to kill you on every corner exit.
I think everyone should have this car by now
Yep. Still of mind that every member should own every UCD under 100,000 by now.

What's the minimum day limit to pass this outdated rule? 3 days? 4 days?

The rule is that the car must be available to buy on sunday night if not we fall on the back up car.

So minimum days to make it to sunday night would be 5. There are a couple of « sold out » cars that will refresh tomorrow and be there for the next 7 days.

Picking UCD and LCD cars is an art 😉 I think we’re long overdue for something slow to bring the field closer together but hey I won’t be there to enjoy it.

Last edited:
The rule is that the car must be available to buy on sunday night if not we fall on the back up car.

So minimum days to make it to sunday night would be 5. There are a couple of « sold out » cars that will refresh tomorrow and be there for the next 7 days.

Picking UCD and LCD cars is an art 😉 I think we’re long overdue for something slow to bring the field closer together but hey I won’t be there to enjoy it.
Once the combo's are set for next sunday, what i do is make sure i have all used cars purchased and make sure to get the vehicles needed so i am prepared.

Me and @CdnSweetTee are really hoping to make it Sunday and we’re 90% a go but this weekend is one of our busiest as our home city hosts the largest car meet/car show in Western Canada, and if it’s anything like the last few years, it’s gonna be great! Usually flirting with the 1,000 vehicle count in the show on Sunday. Then on Friday night and Saturday night the main cruising street(8th street) is absolutely insane!
At the drag strip on Friday night we have local points race and Saturday night we have the Jet cars and alcohol funny cars(unfortunately no nitro cars this year).
We will try to get pics and videos possibly and post a few up here on Sunday evening.
Here’s a link for the festivities, y’all should make the trip lol

Once the combo's are set for next sunday, what i do is make sure i have all used cars purchased and make sure to get the vehicles needed so i am prepared.

Maybe I will choose another this evening then. My back up car choice is going to be the Silvia we're already driving as it's the closest thing to any of those UCD road cars that we have in Brand Central.

But we all don't. My time spent on GT7 is limited to the weekends, and the time that I do have I try to spend practicing for Sunday's races. As a result, my credit balance stays relatively low, and I'm not going to spend real cash in order to buy cars from the UCD.
Play half an hour at Sardegna or Le Mans and you're set for weeks. 25 - 30minutes of gameplay can easily net you over 10 cars from the UCD.

I understand your time is limited, but if this encourages more freedom of choice for combos on Sundays then I'd recommend it.

Last edited:
Play half an hour at Sardegna or Le Mans are you're set for weeks. 25 - 30minutes of gameplay can easily net you over 10 cars from the UCD.

I understand your time is limited, but if this encourages more freedom of choice for combos on Sundays then I'd recommend it.
And the difficulty settings don't alter the prize pay out. At 'easy', 1st and a clean race bonus should be a shoe in for about 785, 000 credits.

I think the issue is when someone new joins SNAIL the following week and the car isn't available. They have to sit out the round. This wouldn't be an issue if we could gift cars like in the past.

Now that we've had a couple weeks to get use to the new physics update, time to break out the chili peppers.

This week's Donkey Kong challenge:

Mission - Beyond the Horizon - The Pass - Sunset at the Goodwood
You will be driving the Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera '56 around Goodwood Motor circuit
Watch out for Lopes, he likes to swerve a lot

Goal: Finish race in 1st place with a time under 1:10.750

Additional levels:
Level 1 - 1:10.750
Level 2 - 1:07.127
Level 3 - 1:05.701
Level 4 - 1:04.399

What level are you?

Open to all SNAIL members past and present.

Niagara's Weekly What I Saw Column:
20240811 Edition

@Nicktune - Thinking about you as you continue to deal with the aftermath of the flooding in your area.
@Dragonwhisky - Congrats on your re-appointment to the BoD.

I was looking forward to Sunday night after being away last week but what a dismal Sunday it was for me. In July, I had luck on my side as I was able to dodge and stay clear of on track incidents. But I couldn't escape them this past Sunday and to top it all off, my wheel somehow disconnected completely in the 6th and final race.

Combo #1:
Always fun to race in the dark. Early in C1R1, I saw @Dragonwhisky 's front brakes glowing and screaming in pain as he slows the car down at the hairpin.
SHARE_20240814_0142590.jpeg

I saw @Oshawa-Joe go sideways as he was leading a train of cars. @Fudman420 and @Dragonwhisky escaped pain free on this one but @basswerks1 and I got tangled into this and fell near the back of the grid.
SHARE_20240814_0143210.jpeg

Like in D2, D1 also had its close finishes at the line. I saw @Smoove_cuda edge out @Xradkins for 5th place in race #1. This is what 0.022 seconds looks like.
SHARE_20240814_0143400.jpeg

Early in the 2nd race, I saw @A_Higher_Place kiss the barrier just prior to the track's first tunnel.
SHARE_20240814_0144000.jpeg

Combo #2:
Monza always makes me nervous but it's pretty satisfying when 2 cars are aware of each other and can navigate through the tight chicanes together as @basswerks1 and I managed in this sequence.
SHARE_20240814_0144200.jpeg

The livery of the night award goes to @Worst_Driver with his bizarre, German, butcher's diagram of the different cuts of pork on his car.
SHARE_20240814_0144400.jpeg

In my opinion, this was the move of the night. @Fudman420 is leading myself and @Dragonwhisky but comes out of a corner a little slippery. I get a decent run on him but not nearly as good as @Dragonwhisky. @Dragonwhisky , in his signature purple, gets by me. We all have the foot to the floor and the straight is nearing its end.

@Dragonwhisky is trailing @Fudman420 by maybe 4 inches and doesn't have much more than that of clearing the nose of my car.

I remember thinking to myself that he's running out of room as we're both gaining on @Fudman420 , and there's no way he's actually contemplating doing this. But sure enough, with ice water in his veins, @Dragonwhisky veers left, changes lanes and gains the 2 positions all while avoiding all contact.

SHARE_20240814_0145050.jpeg

These are the moments I like to highlight in this space.
Moving on...

A few laps later, a silly unforced error had me spinning on the back straight. Another mental lapse in a night full of them.
SHARE_20240814_0145340.jpeg

Combo 3:
I saw @Worst_Driver get away from the pack pretty early on in the 5th race of the night.
SHARE_20240814_0145530.jpeg

I saw @Salty Toloom take an unconventional path into pitlane early in the 5th race.
SHARE_20240814_0146270.jpeg

Still in the 5th race. Coming off that long right hander turn #2, I saw @Kgffy spinning at the last second but I couldn't avoid him. After a hard impact, we both were sent into the sand in different directions.
SHARE_20240814_0146480.jpeg

My ensuing trip to the desert had me screaming towards these fans that didn't even flinch as they were protected only by this light-duty fence.
SHARE_20240814_0147090.jpeg

During the final race of the night, wheel base disconnect from its base. Not sure if the power flickered but I ended up on the back straight at Willow for the duration of the race.

This ended a pretty frustrating night for me. I'm laying in bed going through these sequences in my mind but then it occurs to me what the point of sim-racing is and what being a Snail is all about. This thought of mine is best summarized by @Oshawa-Joe 's license plate in the first combo...
SHARE_20240814_0147500.jpeg

Thanks for your patience.
I'm 50/50 for next Sunday. But I'll see you at the Car-Show.

Last edited:
I can't take much credit for that as it took you, @Buffalo_DRD , and @Fudman420 both giving me room to run.

1723605762176.png

You coulda' boxed me in if you'd wanted to and I would've had to lift. More fun the way you did it though. Everyone picked a lane and stayed in it. I was actually a little startled when I came around Fud and you weren't right beside me. Don't think that woulda' been near as successful had I been running on the pancake.

BTW, it's not purple, it's blue, damnit! :P:D:lol: Think that car is sporting my third or fourth blue too.

Next time I'm on GT7 Imma get screenshots of the color names. Just for you Niagara. Been pretty busy working on rebuilding my PC.

Now that we've had a couple weeks to get use to the new physics update, time to break out the chili peppers.

This week's Donkey Kong challenge:

Mission - Beyond the Horizon - The Pass - Sunset at the Goodwood
You will be driving the Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera '56 around Goodwood Motor circuit
Watch out for Lopes, he likes to swerve a lot

Goal: Finish race in 1st place with a time under 1:10.750

Additional levels:
Level 1 - 1:10.750
Level 2 - 1:07.127
Level 3 - 1:05.701
Level 4 - 1:04.399

What level are you?

Open to all SNAIL members past and present.
I'll give this a shot before I go on vacation. Knowing @JamCar0ne there's too much chili pepper!!! Come on SNAILs, get on this and give it a try!

Last edited:

Main: NISSAN R33 GT-R V-spec '97

Back-up: Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) '02.

Track: National layout at El Spain

I can't take much credit for that as it took you, @Buffalo_DRD , and @Fudman420 both giving me room to run.

View attachment 1380877

You coulda' boxed me in if you'd wanted to and I would've had to lift. More fun the way you did it though. Everyone picked a lane and stayed in it. I was actually a little startled when I came around Fud and you weren't right beside me. Don't think that woulda' been near as successful had I been running on the pancake.

BTW, it's not purple, it's blue, damnit! :P:D:lol: Think that car is sporting my third or fourth blue too.

Next time I'm on GT7 Imma get screenshots of the color names. Just for you Niagara. Been pretty busy working on rebuilding my PC.
The thought of boxing you out popped into my mind but sometimes one has to admire and place beautiful race-craft ahead of their own self-interests.

Going forward, I will refer to your car as blue or the actual name / color code you provide. lol.

Last edited:
Prize A: Nissan R33 GT-R V Spec '97 (SM Tires) @ Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National Layout.

Mid div lap time: 1:24.

Back up car: Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 (SM Tires)
Mid div lap time: Pretty much the same.

@A_Higher_Place I took some creative liberties regarding the back up car because we raced the S15 last week and it got frozen but I'm sure you won't mind. Both cars drive great and it will be a good combo. Shame I won't have the chance to race this sunday. You guys enjoy and don't you dare kill that combo while I'm gone. ;)

The 350Z will be a hoot. I really like the new physics, even on SM tires, the cars slide around a little bit more which is a good thing of course.

Last edited:
Back