◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,836 comments
Niagara's weekly "What I saw Column"
241020 Edition:

Grid sizes moved in the right direction last Sunday night. 9 Drivers in D1 and another 6 in D2, and still a few notables missing so that's a good sign.

@racingchamp30 - Congrats on your perfect night.

@socalnatv - I echo @Worst_Driver 's sentiment and offer you a huge welcome back to Snail. I'm happy to have played a role in convincing you to give Snail another try. I used the same tactics that I employed several months ago in convincing @Fudman420 into coming back. Which is non-stop nagging every time they've joined one of our practice lobbies. Hope you had fun and hope to see you next Sunday.

Combo #1:
The Roadster continues to provide for tight grids and great battles.
SHARE_20241023_1033220.jpeg

A car might get away early or one might have slipped up and fallen behind, but this combo allows for groups of 4 or 5 cars to still be enjoying door-to-door battles mid-way into a 9 lap race.
SHARE_20241023_1033500.jpeg

Late in C1R2, I found myself battling with @DublDee and @Dragonwhisky .
SHARE_20241023_1034150.jpeg

Unfortunately, @Dragonwhisky slipped off which left @DublDee and I exchanging positions several times over the last 3 or 4 laps.

Below, @DublDee cut a little too much grass which allowed me to get by him.
SHARE_20241023_1034420.jpeg

Shortly afterwards, I ate a little too much sausage which unsettled my car and allowed @DublDee to get through.
SHARE_20241023_1035040.jpeg

We continued exchanging positions at least twice more before this race was done. This was my favorite part of the evening.

Combo #2:
The Toyota was back for it's 6th week. And in my opinion, the perfect track for it is SPA.
SHARE_20241023_1035290.jpeg

Perhaps @Dragonwhisky was looking in his rearview mirror. In this pic, he slightly touches the green carpet but it was enough to send him for a brief spin.
SHARE_20241023_1035540.jpeg

In lap 1 of C2R2, @Dragonwhisky and @Worst_Driver got away quickly while rear pack got a little hairy in trying to establish order. Everybody survived in this case.
SHARE_20241023_1036230.jpeg

Combo #3:
This Combo proved to be a one-and-done. To get my group shot, I had to take this pic before the 5 second mark of the race, about 30 feet after the start line.
SHARE_20241023_1037010.jpeg

@Kgffy and I fell a little behind a little bit. Here I am getting a little help from a friend down one of the straights.
SHARE_20241023_1037240.jpeg

A few turns from the end of C3R1, it seems neither @Xradkins or myself were interesting in finishing.
SHARE_20241023_1037500.jpeg

That's what I saw last Sunday. Now I'm off to comb through the list of ex-Snail racers to see who else I can convince to come out of retirement.
#growthegrid

Thanks for your patience, see you at the Car-Show.
-Niagara

Last edited:
Sunday Night Combos.png
Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, October 27th, 2024 Lineup
October 2024 Season League Night #4

1. Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22 Max BoP PP 441 on SH Tires @ Alsace Village - S13 Dawn - (6 Laps)​
2. Ford Mustang Gr.4 Max BoP PP 632 on RH Tires @ Watkins Glen International Short Course - S04 Afternoon-(13 Laps)​
3. Honda NSX GT500 '08 Max BoP PP 808 on RM Tires @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - S01 Afternoon - (7 Laps)​

October 27th Combos.png

Last edited:
1. Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22 Max BoP PP 441 on SH Tires @ Alsace Village - S13 Dawn - (6 Laps)
2. Ford Mustang Gr.4 Max BoP PP 632 on RH Tires @ Watkins Glen International Short Course - S04 Afternoon - (11 Laps)
3. Honda NSX GT500 '08 Max BoP PP 808 on RM Tires @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - S01 Afternoon - (7 Laps)

Anyone know if the roadster's PP's were changed, or is it still 441?
Just checked the game and it's still 440.59 (441)

My entry to this week's Car-Show takes me to Havana, Cuba.

On October 27th 1492, Christopher Columbus made landfall on Cuba and claimed it for Spain. The age of exploration is a pretty significant time in history but I'm no fan of Columbus. (I'm more of a Jacques Cartier / Samuel de Champlain kind of guy...)

SHARE_20241025_1250570.jpeg

But enough about that. See you Sunday.

"I have read the first post and would like to join,"
I heard about the league by reading GTPlanet
@altippy31

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1,llNovall, Akzl298 & Dragonwhisky
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Back