◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,809 comments
We are eliminating all of the VGT cars with the limit where it is now and with such a small car count to begin with it seems odd to limit it in any way. Your thoughts?

I'm in agreement, but I also see how it would be bad to open it up and then have everyone constantly picking 2 million credit cars every week. An option if we don't want to raise the limits overall might be to have one "no limit" option a month... If the winner the first weekend of the month (or something like that) wants to pick a high value car, so be it. If not, that's his/her call. But then again, I'd like to see the kart in the rotation every so often too. :)

Let those of us that know what is going on take care of things like registration. In this particular case, we have already been in communication with him so a welcome post will not be necessary. We have it under control.

I'm in agreement, but I also see how it would be bad to open it up and then have everyone constantly picking 2 million credit cars every week. An option if we don't want to raise the limits overall might be to have one "no limit" option a month... If the winner the first weekend of the month (or something like that) wants to pick a high value car, so be it. If not, that's his/her call. But then again, I'd like to see the kart in the rotation every so often too. :)

Like I said, the credit limit is determined by the in game economy and the ability for someone who might just be getting started in the game to purchase all three necessary cars in a given week. The fact that fewer and fewer newcomers are around the longer a game is out is also taken into consideration. It took many months before the credit limit for GT6 was up to 1 million credits and much longer until it was raised to it's final resting place. If my memory serves me correctly, the first credit cap in GT6 was 100,000cr.

Wow, I never knew it was lower than 1 million! That's such a huge difference at 100,000

But 100,000 in GT6 left about 700 cars to choose from - yes, some were thought to be a POS for racing, but there were some fun races in those crapcans as well.

I still wanted to try the Samba Bus on Eiger Reverse - Drivers would want to get out and push.
The 4WD Schwimmwagen on Nordwand K in reverse climbed the mountain at a mighty 7 mph or so.

Now see people like me who do not run the career modes or arcade mode have a limited budget. I only run our Sunday night races and have been living off the winnings of those races.

I started with the pre order 2 million and I’m down to 1 million after buying the cars I need and basic winnings.

So the lower the prices of the cars the better.

Something like super low power would be fun to try with super high fuel consumption. Yea you can go flat out everywhere but you have to decide where to lift and coast to save fuel but not lose much speed.

I've seen Viperconcept on YouTube have some mileage races where everyone has a set amount of fuel for 8 laps but the race is 12 laps and they see who's the last to survive or make it all 12 laps and actually win. Same car of course. Sounds interesting.

Sorry I couldnt make it guys, hope everyone had fun. I'm excited to try the new patch tonight, hopefully someone has a room up. Any early impressions?

I would like to rejoin.

@qwietstorm

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest...again! ;)
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1,@zer05ive ,@Rednose58 &, @MajorBlixem as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Last edited:
I did a little digging on the credit cap history for GT6.

We actually started at 50K credits for the first season (December 2013).
Moved to 100K credits for the Jan. 2014 season.
Moved to 250K credits for the Feb. 2014 season.
Moved to 500K credits for the Mar. 2014 season.
Moved to 1M credits for the April 2014 season.

The speed at which these changes were made was a direct result of seasonal events being added to the game which paid out multi-millions in credits each week. Discussions at the time before the introduction of seasonal events was calling for a much slower progression of increase.

... They drive among us. They look just like another racer with helmets on; you can only recognize them by the distinct smoke trail left behind as you avidly try to give chase only to see them gradually become smaller and smaller in the distance...

dc33ee23962dc97733fbaa1d9fae6121.jpg
That is the best thing I have ever seen!

Well last night was my first ever victory with Snail, although it was with the Lambo on reverse grid, and as much as I was pumped about the win, and the clean race bonus, the mood was a little dampened when I realized that there was a pile up behind me, that likely helped my cause immensely!! I did notice though, that there were at least a couple of laps where I was being chased, but not caught, so I still feel ok about it, but for some reason it feels like a Nascar fuel mileage race win since I'll never know if I could have held everyone off or not.

That’s all part of racing and doesn’t take away from a win at all. You were able to stay out in front and avoid incident which is how I look at it. Also, I somehow managed to get through the pile up unscathed, went from 8th to 2nd in one corner, and I raced as hard as I could but still couldn’t catch you. I’d gain a couple of tenths of a second on you but you’d gain them right back. Well deserved win 👍

True @basswerks1

Even though i am "D2", i still struggle to chase D4 drivers in practice such as yourself bass. The divisions arent that far apart speedwise. I tend to make very few mistakes which is why i can finish well often and stay in D2 but i am not lighting the world on fire with my lap times. Hopefully i can get my speed up because my ultimate goal is to get up in D1 and duke it out with the aliens. Its always fun to chase the best around.
I definitely feel the same way, my average lap times tend to be D2 range, but I'm usually pretty consistent without much practice, which is why I get tossed between D1 and D2 a lot (just check my signature...)

Just took a look at D4 Round 3 Race 2 and that is some of the worst ongoing lag I've ever seen. It wasn't just one guy jumping and sliding all over the place. It was every car moving erratically. Some worse than others but I'm looking at a replay so that may not be accurate but the lag is absolutely there in that race.

As DM I have been looking to see what is to be done in the case two drivers can't see each other. The rules state that if it is only an issue between those two drivers the driver with priority is given. How is priority determined? We ran into this issue last night in D5, had both drivers leave and clear cache, then reformed the room with main host, then reformed the room with back-up host still to no avail those two drivers just couldn't see each other. For future reference how is priority determined.

As DM I have been looking to see what is to be done in the case two drivers can't see each other. The rules state that if it is only an issue between those two drivers the driver with priority is given. How is priority determined? We ran into this issue last night in D5, had both drivers leave and clear cache, then reformed the room with main host, then reformed the room with back-up host still to no avail those two drivers just couldn't see each other. For future reference how is priority determined.

The 'Drivers List" is the priority indication. The lower driver on the list needs to leave

Just took a look at D4 Round 3 Race 2 and that is some of the worst ongoing lag I've ever seen. It wasn't just one guy jumping and sliding all over the place. It was every car moving erratically. Some worse than others but I'm looking at a replay so that may not be accurate but the lag is absolutely there in that race.

It was an absolute **** show. Everytime I saw another driver they were twitching like crazy. I managed to avoid incident for the most part but it was very annoying. I assumed it was because of the pending server maintenance.

I just wasnt sure what most people set theirs up as. I dont want to learn the wheel on 1080 and then find out later "oh, its common knowledge to reduce your steering degrees to 720 in GT".

Thanks for the advice. I guess I just need to put in the time and itll start feeling more natural.

I did notice how much easier it is to get on the gas exiting turns. I've never been good at 50% gas/throttle on the sticks, its usually just 100% or 0%. But with the gas pedal I already saw an improvement in corner exits. (namely the final turn in the Mustang @ Yamagiwa)

Not sure how flexible you are with adjusting the distance between you and the monitor. For me it works well to have the monitor above or even a little closer than the pedals with my line of sight going over the top of the steering wheel to the bottom of the monitor (my monitor is a 49" 1080p TV, but I'm upgrading to a 52" 4K when I set up in the new house next week)

To all potential prize winners this week, please be aware that there have been some changes to things that affect the cars we are used last night. With that in mind, if there were any problems with the car that are contributing to your decision they may not be there anymore.

I just put a few laps in with the Mustang Gr. 4 combo and all 2nd gear tight turn exits are a hell of lot easier to manage now. Sports tires in general were tweaked. The Ferrari is still challenging but not so much that you don't know how much throttle to use until it's usually too late. The Lambo is still great, just more grip all around. The more you know. :gtplanet:

Eit: @MSgtGunny I see three friends online but when I go to the lobbies and check only rooms with friends none show up.

Last edited:
I am not able to find replays for D1 and D2. The deadline to make them available has passed. With the new procedure, you're going to get some leeway here. You have until 11 EST tonight to share the replays and have them tagged correctly.

I put my rig away for the night sorry. I'm really happy with Sports tires now though. The MX-5 on SH is a lot more fun now. 86GT on SS might be a bit much this time. I'll check it out with SM and then consider an N300 car for SS bringing the total cars up to three. The cars will be the same each week and the tracks will move around to keep it interesting. Any suggestions for N300 cars to test?

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on November 26, 2017

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 92 (77.26 for Prize C)
  2. DutchRacer_GT ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. MSgtGunny --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. src_ej6 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Adventuruss ------- did not submit a vote
  6. FREEREVN ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. schmedVegas ------- did not submit a vote
  8. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 2
  1. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3 - 88 (110.00 for Prize B)
  2. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. fullerbunch ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Userid_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. therealstig_22 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. DesertPenguin09 --- did not submit a vote
  9. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Harry_Rowley_10 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 3
  1. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (77.26 for prize purposes only)
  2. Ghost_of_Fury41 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Birdy1084 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 4
  1. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 95 (115.04 for Prize A)
  2. whatbadgerseat --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. afrojcactair ------ did not submit a vote
  8. AMAMachinist ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. BradESPN ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. Alexrider007 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 5
  1. o8jedi ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 87 (69.67 for prize purposes only)
  2. TVV0_ ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Tec1347 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. smthng ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - LAMBORGHINI HURACAN GR.4 (SS) at Dragon Trail - Seaside II - 18:30 Fine Weather (6 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Wolfsatz wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - FERRARI 458 ITALIA GT3 2013 (RH) at Nürburgring GP - 12:00 Fine Weather (5 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Kgffy gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @SAMHAIN85 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back