♦SNAIL WRRC (CLOSED)PS4 

• Thread starter Lessen
  • 3,864 comments
Guys, I have to make a point about IR's.
It's a great way to penalize over aggressive drivers, I'm all for the system. i think it works. We all make mistakes in every race we run, usually minor and no one else is affected. We all miss braking points from time to time,(especially me, 'cause I am old and senile). The point is, I rear ended someone the other night making him lose his line. I conceded the position and we continued. IR was filed which almost made me cry, ( I am the sensitive type you know), now I am in a deep DEEEP depression and want to end it all. Lol.

The point is, if you want to file an IR, look and see if it was really IR worthy, or just a mistake that happens in racing.

I am going back to bed and try to bury my shame.

Guys, I have to make a point about IR's.
It's a great way to penalize over aggressive drivers, I'm all for the system. i think it works. We all make mistakes in every race we run, usually minor and no one else is affected. We all miss braking points from time to time,(especially me, 'cause I am old and senile). The point is, I rear ended someone the other night making him lose his line. I conceded the position and we continued. IR was filed which almost made me cry, ( I am the sensitive type you know), now I am in a deep DEEEP depression and want to end it all. Lol.

The point is, if you want to file an IR, look and see if it was really IR worthy, or just a mistake that happens in racing.

I am going back to bed and try to bury my shame.
I agree,it's a good system but let's not abuse it for simple mistakes,I was run into by someone in one of the races but I know it was a missed breaking point or because of the rain,no harm no foul

Gentlemen,

After quite a bit of testing replay transfers I've figured out how to make it work. This has been added to the OP as well for future reference.

Race Replay upload/download Instructions

The first thing is to make sure your USB drive has the correct file path to put the files into so the system will recognize it. The best way to do this is to copy a data file from the game to your usb. This is a one and done process.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Application Saved Data Management
  3. Saved Data in System Storage
  4. Copy to USB Storage Device
  5. Project Cars
  6. Select the replay(s) you want to copy to USB
  7. Copy
Now the system has created the file path and you know where to put downloaded files. From my system it looks like this...

PS4/SAVEDATA/2d2cc1419f66ech5/CUSA01338 <--- Downloaded file goes in here

The "CUSA" folder is always the same, but the "2d2" folder is different from system to system.

Each replay has two parts; a main file and a .bin file. BOTH must be present or the system will not see it. Download the files (I'm using Dropbox) and place them into the "CUSA" folder. Once you taken the USB to your PS4 do this...

1. Go to Settings
  2. Application Saved Data Management
  3. Saved Data on USB Storage Device
  4. Copy to System Storage
  5. Project Cars
  6. Select the replay(s) you want to copy to USB
  7. Copy
At this point it should be possible to access the replay save from the Highlights page of the game.

Notes: When copying the files to USB, the file names MUST NOT be changed or the system will not recognize them. I've renamed them for the purpose of recognition, but after the file is downloaded you will need to delete the final 7 characters of the name (not the .bin). These seven characters would be the hyphen and the 6 characters that describe the individual race S#R#R#

I'm going to get up on my soapbox real quick on the IR topic.

I've been doing this SNAIL thing for a couple years now and I myself have kinda been through the wringer when it comes to IR's. I used to not be much of a fan of them myself, but I've come to realize how vital the system really is to to make SNAIL what it is. Now, I'm not going to be that manager that tell you guys you "should" submit IR's or it's your "responsibility" to the league to do it. My personal and professional stance is that it's up to you as an individual how you use the system. Some guys will use it more than others and it's always been that way, and that's perfectly ok with me. As RD, I don't feel there is much to this idea of "abusing" the system. The system has much depth and is intended to fairly bring awareness to ALL INFRACTIONS, not just the major incidents. A mistake is a mistake and they all require attention. Simply put, the only unjust filings are those that end with no actions taken by stewards.

Hey Lessen,
Finally have my G27 working with the PS4 so I'd like to join for next season, if you'll have me. I've been with SNAIL for almost two years and raced this series for almost a year with Grim so I'm well versed in all the OLR ect. I'm still slow though so I hope not to get in the way too much. Except for Lobban, I'll do my best to keep him behind, lol.
GTPlanetID aerolite
PSN ID aeroliteflight

@aerolite good to have you fine sir and congratulations on your G27 project! Be sure to go through the OP and familiarize yourself with our procedures. A lot has changed in the past few months. Also, send myself (Lessenjr) and swjaxon friend requests as well as request joining our PS4 Community.

This upcoming week we have a non-points event (details post #462). You're more than welcome to join us. :) Season 7 begins 2/2 with the combos and schedule posted Saturday 1/30.

@swjaxon ^^

Forgot to tag you. I don't have @nmcp1 type responses yet :)
That's fine @Lessen i have been keeping up,also I didn't mean to imply the IR system is being abused,I know SNAIL is well respected and been around for a while,the league I was in on GT6 is modeled after the SNAIL OP,I'm still learning and know things happen,I for one would wreck myself before I would mess anybody else's race up

Also guys don't forget to vote for next car/track combo before midnight Friday 1/22/16,and don't forget the next race is a none points tuning allowed race,see you on the track:cheers::gtpflag:

Also guys don't forget to vote for next car/track combo before midnight Friday 1/22/16,and don't forget the next race is a none points tuning allowed race,see you on the track:cheers::gtpflag:

11pm actually. That was one of the recent amendments. 👍

I think I posted mine already but I'll put it here too,GT3-RufRGT8 Project Cars #48,and Road B-RufRGT8 Night blue metallic

@Lessen & Everyone
Here you go everyone - I have the last 3 races -
Here's mine - PS4/SAVEDATA/692b285309459663/CUSA01338 (<---your numbers here may be different, just put them in the folder it makes.)

Here's all 3 races with both fields needed - Thanks Lessen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzy8z4xfsfjtilw/MR7DSYHWC9V7YASWE.bin?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tisll9g9cj7epes/MR7DSYHWC9V7YASWE?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7vn8yflv19aw1j/MRXXBFVXC9V60ASWE.bin?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vjts05o0ica2jc/MRXXBFVXC9V60ASWE?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ilr40m265kn6a1/MRXXBVQ0C9VQ8ASWE.bin?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/83x71aid1yjqkux/MRXXBVQ0C9VQ8ASWE?dl=0

If anyone watches these, let me know if you get the Mustang @ Hock with rain....for some reason mine was raining lol

MP7DS1E4C9VAAASWE_.jpeg
MP7DS3J4C9VAAASWE_.jpeg
MP7DS233C9VAAASWE_.jpeg
MP7DS373C9VAAASWE_.jpeg
MP7DS-I4C9VAAASWE_.jpeg
MP7DSKY3C9VAAASWE_.jpeg
MP7DSRS3C9VAAASWE_.jpeg
MP7DSVP3C9VAAASWE_.jpeg
MP7DSY93C9VAAASWE_.jpeg
MP7DSZ13C9VAAASWE_.jpeg

I have some bad news guys. It looks like we're not going to be able to share replay files. The link below work as far as getting the files in the right place and the system recognizing them as data files for Project Cars, but the system won't transfer from USB because it see's that it's owned by another user. This sucks and presents a major problem for us as a organized league.

Basically, according to this, I would need to sign into Mopar's account at least one time on my system in order to be able to transfer "his" savedata to my PS4. It's not impossible, but I'm not going to ask people to share logon information/change passwords to do this. Frustrating...

File%20Sharing%20Problem_zpsq9vcjpzz.jpg~original

Last edited:
^^^ So this is why I could not view the replays. I figured after three tries It was my lack of tech which stopped me from viewing. Was really hoping to view that Mustang race. Well, at least I now have a drop box account.

I have some bad news guys. It looks like we're not going to be able to share replay files. The link below work as far as getting the files in the right place and the system recognizing them as data files for Project Cars, but the system won't transfer from USB because it see's that it's owned by another user. This sucks and presents a major problem for us as a organized league.

Basically, according to this, I would need to sign into Mopar's account at least one time on my system in order to be able to transfer "his" savedata to my PS4. It's not impossible, but I'm not going to ask people to share logon information/change passwords to do this. Frustrating...

File%20Sharing%20Problem_zpsq9vcjpzz.jpg~original
I still think there should be a way to use the PSN Share Factory to do this,I will do some research and see what I can find out,I downloaded Share Factory the other night and just started messing with it

Also does anybody else here have Driveclub also,I got it on sale the other day and I think I may have wasted my $15 :banghead:🤬

I still think there should be a way to use the PSN Share Factory to do this,I will do some research and see what I can find out,I downloaded Share Factory the other night and just started messing with it

Share factory is pretty sweet. That's how I made that video last weekend. However, that's a far cry from an actual replay, that can be manipulated in live time. This issue is really bugging me.

For sharing replays you could save the replay after the race then if you have the money you could buy an Elgato Game Capture HD60 and record it to your PC. Or you could possibly save the replay after the race then copy it to a USB device and transfer it to your computer. Then from that point get a video editing software (Sony Vegas Pro) and put the replay file in a "project" on there and convert it to a normal .wmv (Windows Media Audio/Video) file and share it.

For sharing replays you could save the replay after the race then if you have the money you could buy an Elgato Game Capture HD60 and record it to your PC. Or you could possibly save the replay after the race then copy it to a USB device and transfer it to your computer. Then from that point get a video editing software (Sony Vegas Pro) and put the replay file in a "project" on there and convert it to a normal .wmv (Windows Media Audio/Video) file and share it.

Right this is what i did before. BUT the issue is still the same, other's cant change views to other cars to view IR's and Epic passes by Mopar ;)

Right this is what i did before. BUT the issue is still the same, other's cant change views to other cars to view IR's and Epic passes by Mopar ;)

Precisely. Obviously this is a technical setback here, but on a larger scale, this issue creates a major obstacle for the Sunday SNAIL series when they eventually migrate to the PS4.

General%20Announcement_zpssunv3eju.jpg~original

Season 6 is in the books! Season 7 begins February 2nd.
Don't forget about the open tune Non Points Event this upcoming Tuesday @ 9:00pm. A little variety in the field should be quite an interesting change of pace. :)

Season6Round4Final_zpsfqdi318i.jpg~original

Back