1/64 Model Collectors Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter SVX
  • 55,853 comments
  • 4,112,963 views

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

  • Yes.

    Votes: 329 51.1%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

    Votes: 131 20.3%
  • Nope.

    Votes: 96 14.9%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

    Votes: 126 19.6%

  • Total voters
    644
I have quite a few errors. I'll see if I can dig my pics up later.
 
Will we be able to vote for all three options?

oh yeah.

Mini+Countryman+WRC+(2013+Racing+Cars).jpg


Mini+Cooper+WRC_1.jpg


Mini+Cooper+WRC_2.jpg


Mini+Cooper+WRC_3.jpg


2013 Majorette Racing '11 Mini John Cooper Works WRC. Wheels gettin' a swap undoubtedly.

I apologize for getting dust on the car. I don't have eczema, but I do have dusty fingers!
 
I actually took the crap cars they did have last time I was there and stuffed them all onto 4 pegs *the store only has 18 pegs for mainlines* in a bizarre attempt to trip some braindead employee into thinking, "There's empty pegs, time for a restock!", but knowing this store, the exact same cars will be in the exact same spots next time I go to that section.👎

Either this worked or aliens replaced the idiots who normally work there, because the Hot Wheels were actualy restocked! :eek: Here's my 7 car haul from today, which is my best ever from this Walmart at one time:

2zyke1c.jpg


From top to bottom: Lotus Evora GT4, 24 Ours, '71 Mustang Funny Car, '70 Summit Racing Chevy Chevelle, Porsche 993 GT2, '71 Plymouth Road Runner, Fiat 500. 👍 Sorry for the crap picture quality, my cell phone camera sucks.
 
Still so couple months ago, but I'm glad you are getting newer cars! :lol:
I'm holding you to that and remember, minimum of two pictures each are required on such sweet cars. :p
Oh, at least! I'm not sure about Tuesday now though. No scan since Saturday. :(
Here's some average shots of some 1:72's I got the other day.
Nice selections! I like all of them, but especially the police Mini Van. 👍
I'll open a poll:

"a6m5 sucks"

° yes
° yes
° oh yeah

For science.
No, I'll open a poll:

"Cano sucks"

° YES!
°
Only when he opens his mouth.

° No. No toddler has yet to touch his 100m time. Inside Walmart.

J-Dawg, you are next!
EDIT: I've never seen a car with a more urgent need for a wheelswap than that Tomica Focus.
Call me crazy, but I kind of like it in that particular pic. :dopey:
I actually prefer it to the hot wheels version. 👍
 
"No toddler has yet to touch his 100m time."

Sounds like me arriving half an hour to an hour early at the K Days.
 
"No toddler has yet to touch his 100m time."

Sounds like me arriving half an hour to an hour early at the K Days.
You can thank me later: Cano. The Legend.

I can't believe that it really was Walmart. I also didn't realize that it was a Drag Bus. Cano, you did not suck that day. The poll was right. :D
 
Oh, at least! I'm not sure about Tuesday now though. No scan since Saturday. :(

That Sucks. Don't worry, it's probably enjoying another Hawaiian vacation or something. Hopefully you'll get it soon.
I can't believe that it really was Walmart. I also didn't realize that it was a Drag Bus. Cano, you did not suck that day. The poll was right. :D

Was just about to link that for Johnny myself. :lol: And as I said previously* the kid would have only ruined it anyway.

*Has it really been almost two years since Cano posted that? Time flies, eh? :crazy:
 
Managed to steal this off eBay since I noticed in the dark photos it was a wheel variation, guess nobody else noticed. It's 4 days late (arrival date was the 5th) and he shipped it in a bubble mailer with a crappy protecto that still got crushed. :rolleyes: Good thing I was opening it anyway...

DSCN6608_E.jpg


DSCN6607.JPG
 
Some of you may remember, I've been after Tomica Limited Vintage Buses for awhile. I finally see a cool one for $36 on the Japanese Rakuten site, so I order it? You actually don't get a shipping fee until the individual seller contact you to finalize the deal. This is how it broke down:

Bus - $36

Shipping - $15

PayPal Fee - $5

I was one click away from balking. $20 in shipping, and $5 of that is making me pay the PayPal fee, then some. :irked:

Hate the Rakuten website, hate the seller. I have two days to decide if I want to go thru with it(1 day left). I'm probably gonna still do it.

LV-N09F%20ISUZU%20BU04%20BUS.jpg


Edit: I 🤬 ordered it. While it isn't the bus I wanted(one I used to take), it's way cooler, and it's still like half the price of the comparable buses. :grumpy:
 
Last edited:
You can't because you suck. 'Sides, it's pointless as clearly:
I already conceded mang!
I don't suck. Also grab the bus got dammit, it rules.
I wish I could have just snatched it away from some random kid at the store for buck. :lol: That bus is coming.

Edit: Anybody still looking for M2 VWs? Here's the first three(not the one I just picked up) for under $17. TTP

I passed on the Beetles, but did pick up the red bus. It's awesome.
 
But the legend lives on.....

In our hearts, always.

And that TLV Bus is damn cool. 👍 The shipping cost though. :/
 
@AOS- Seriously, how much could they be worth?
The shipping cost though. :/
Shipping for the gas station + five TLV cars I have coming from AmiAmi was under $18, and they don't charge no PayPal fee. :indiff:
 
Do any of you guys have some Maisto Muscle Machines?
I've been looking on some of them online, but I dont know what the quality is.
Some of them look really sweet. :)👍
 
Last edited:
I believe there were some member's Muscle Machines posted up around 10 pages back?

Could be a bit further, not sure, but fairly recently.
 
@AOS- Seriously, how much could they be worth?

I had to drop $50-60 to win each one of them. I am serious about the Land Rovers. :p

Do any of you guys have some Maisto Muscle Machines?
I've been looking on some of them online, but I dont know what the quality is.
Some of them look really sweet. :)👍

I have exactly two. I have exactly two Muscle Machines I bought solely to repaint eventually. The quality is decent. It ain't no Maisto Fresh Metal. They've all got rubber tires, and probably all have lamp/grill detailing done to it unlike mainline cars. The ones with red tires are the chase models, you can find them for as low as $2-3 if the seller isn't too greedy.

1798618_10152596930284097_758493100_n.jpg


1606937_10152596930119097_847002918_n.jpg


71451_10152596930834097_252168330_n.jpg


1780831_10152596930944097_1086571449_n.jpg


I have a feeling I touched up the tail lights on the Nova, but I can't tell if I'm confusing that with the Hot Wheels mainline.
 
I have exactly two. I have exactly two Muscle Machines I bought solely to repaint eventually. The quality is decent. It ain't no Maisto Fresh Metal. They've all got rubber tires, and probably all have lamp/grill detailing done to it unlike mainline cars. The ones with red tires are the chase models, you can find them for as low as $2-3 if the seller isn't too greedy.
Sounds good! :)
I'm gonna get me some of those!
 
I probably should've proofread that. The regular MMs can go for $2-3, the chase models obviously $5+ unless they're unpopular like most current Hot Wheels THs.
 
That one would be one I'd get too if I was collecting MMs, but I didn't because it wasn't a Chevy.


And because it's a Mustang. :p
 
Do any of you guys have some Maisto Muscle Machines?
I've been looking on some of them online, but I dont know what the quality is.
Some of them look really sweet. :)👍
I liked some of their JDM releases, but only one I ever owned was a hakosuka Skyline. I had that one from years before getting into the hobby, and when I did get into the hobby, I sold it. :lol:
I had to drop $50-60 to win each one of them. I am serious about the Land Rovers. :p
Did you buy low at all, or pretty much paid full retail? I'll be honest, I didn't think they were worth quite that much. :lol:
 
Retail prices obviously aren't that amount. They were all auctions, I paid collector value for them, but I need these in my collection. Now you understand why I keep saying I cut a LOT of cars off my "to-collect" list.


On the back of that yellow Best of British Defender, there was a hand-written price tag of $10. It was likely a flea market grab previously.



I mean, yeah, I could've just waited for some dude to list it for a better piece like that Safari Defender you linked me that one time... but I could be waiting and searching for years, and that to me is becoming more of a waste of time. If the likelihood of a certain car ain't going to be found cheap, I'm prepared to pay more for it so I can get that out of the way, add it to the collection and move onto other things.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, "collector value". That's worded much better. 👍 If you have to have it, you have to have it. I understand that as much as anyone in this thread. :p
 
Shipping for the gas station + five TLV cars I have coming from AmiAmi was under $18, and they don't charge no PayPal fee. :indiff:

Still don't understand how something like that Bus costs $15 to ship? :crazy: Seems a bit steep to me. Anyway just remembered that this, is due to be released at the end of the month. Can't wait. :D

Edit: Greenlight C10 Camper. :drool: Credit to the Lamley Group for the pic.

IMG_4261.JPG
 
Back