1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,450 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.7%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.7%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
1718199203927.png
1718199164010.png
1718199231648.png

They actually listened! It would've been a huge missed opportunity if the car was just limited to the James Bond collection.
Yeah I thought it was a bit lame that we would only get the weaponized version because it looks weird.

Honestly glad they're doing the stock version too.

Hi all. some really nice cars in here.

I'm new to this part part of the forum, and without going throught he whole thing I was wondering what you use to store some of these impressive collections.

I've started rekindling my slot car interest with a 1:64 scale track and drag strip (currently both in the early stages of development) and am in need of something that's reasonably priced and good looking to display my cars so they're in easy reach, and preferably wall hanging. My idea (with the wifes approval of course) is something like this but preferably with centre opening doors... and preferably cheaper (I feel $300 AU for two is a bit steep).

This (below) is what I'm hoping to end up with (the drag strip in the foreground will be mounted to the wall with the return lane directly under it). Maximum height for the cabinet (pretty much what is pictured) is 40cms (15.7'') and the width is fairly open but I would like to keep the display slightly shorter than the TV (just over 160cm/5' 3'').
20240712_074520.jpg

I've seen some really nice looking display cases in America, like this one but the shipping price is crazy and it's over $200 AU to buy here with Prime free shipping. Times that by two and... yeah, pretty bloody expensive. I could easily get ten more cars for that!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

Last edited:
Back