10,000 B-Spec Club

• Thread starter Ben_jamin
  • 62 comments
superlemon
So what's 10k super-Bob like compared to say 8000 regular Bob? Cos that's the only real reason for doing it.
It races at slightly worse than a silver-medal (license test) level. So if you find silver-medals easy, it'll be worse than you.

On a few tracks, including Sarthe, it's important to have overtake off most of the time, or else you will need to slow its pace a lot.

It still doesn't like super-cheat turbos, and tends to run off the track if you fit them. (Hmm. But maybe I've never tried them in combination with ASM on).

I think it's important to have ASM on; TCS may be less important because the driver will "computer control" the traction anyway. But I believe ASM works by applying brakes individually, which even an AI driver does not have the ability to do. A track where ASM seems to make a big difference is Infineon. More generally, it seems to have real problems getting out of slow corners without assistance (slow pace to 1 before, set to 4 or 5 after braking is finished), unless you do put ASM on. Somehow the ASM allows it to, without assistance, carry a more sensible amount of speed through those corners. But it also helps with complicated multi-corner sequences with changing camber. Which pretty much describes the rest of Infineon.

B-spec won the Opel manufacturer's races before I did, and, with my qualifying (not always first) won all the Formula GT races, except for the four it let me drive.

The other day it did most of the driving to victory in the Nurburgring 24 hours, using an AMG '92 DTM Touring Car, fitted with R1 tires, but otherwise with completely stock parts and settings. Unfortunately, however, it only beat the weak field (Opel Calibra Touring Car which generally stayed out in its tires too long, plus GT300 cars) because I watched to bring it in on the appropriate lap for tires (else it did a too slow lap) and also occasionally shepherded it through the worst parts of the laps when tires were getting orange, and generally did other stuff to improve B-spec lap times slightly. (Primarily, of course, I saved five seconds a shift by pressing "okay" in time, and also saved once the time taken to fill the tank above the level actually needed). I drove about four stints myself, not losing too much time in the process, but because I couldn't leave it unsupervised, it ended up taking me over eight-hours of playing time, done in two parts. (paused) (My stints were to practise for bettering my S16 trophy).

Lol, B-spec hey?💡

Personally, during my early stages of GT4 around a year ago, I never liked it; a common opinion upon many GTplanet users here.

Believe it or not, I have two GT4 saves in which on one memory card, I have to finish GT4 on B-spec (Don't know if it's theoretically possible on the F1 Championship, though) and on the either one, A-spec.:indiff:

Useless, I know...:grumpy:

Although, I think I have 21,832 Miles on my B-spec Version...It gets boring tho...:guilty:

GT Pro
Although, I think I have 21,832 B-spec points on my B-spec Version...It gets boring tho...:guilty:
B-spec points max out at 10,000; that's why it's so much fun getting 10,000/100/100/100.

I'd guess you have 21,832 B-spec miles.

You can definitely sweep the Formula Series with B-spec if you qualify in A-spec; my B-spec driver started sixth in a couple of races and still won them.

I initially thought I'd never touch B-spec, but, although expert players might not notice it, they really did raise the difficulty level in GT4, and that, together with the daunting aspect of races much more than two hours in length, combined to make me break down and use it perhaps too much.

(On a tangentially related note, I find that I personally need to use ASM on the faster cars in A-spec; anything sort of JGTC/DTM level and higher).

eastley
LOL, a 10,000 B-Spec Club, lmao..

What a crap club, its so easy to get 10,000. Its no big deal, I am over 40% through the game and I am yet to use B-Spec, and only brought 1 car, cause I had to, a truck..

LMAO, B-Spec Club.. LMAO, go play the game instead of being lazy.
It is extremely unlikely that anyone would get 10,000 B-spec points without consulting the methods outlined on the Internet (e.g. in this forum).

To get 10,000 points without help, one would need to reconstruct from first principles the information necessary to get those last few track and battle skill points. I.e. redo the work of "The Japanese Author".

Even given a methodology, careful B-spec racing must be combined with careful record-taking to try to determine where the last few points might be hiding, unless one starts from zero on a fresh game (in which case you must still be careful).

Damn it:indiff: Also found out I can't finish GT Mode on my B-spec File because of the Missions, and I was so far...:grumpy:

StevenDunn99
Hi Orion, how are you doing ? I pop back occasionally but (like others) been trying other games lately.

Steven
Doin' okay. If you check the main thread, you'll see I've started a few more experiements. But I have 8 hours to finish a project for school, and some homework to turn in so I don't fail my hardware class, then I can try out some ideas I've been working on.

STLbarcelona5
I'm at around 5200-5400. And the most annoying thing that holds me back from donig b-spec more often is that bob REFUSES to draft.
At mid levels the B-spec driver is just coming into some pretty good skills. However, you should be able to notice some better drafting skill by now. If you leave overtake on, the B-spec driver will be on the passing line and won't catch a draft. But if you leave overtake off down the straight, and enable it a little ahead of the next turn, the B-spec driver should be able to use the draft for the little extra speed needed to pass in the corner.

The other disadvantage to leaving overtake on is that the passing line isn't the best line. This is only a factor when opponents are near. I like to reset overtake for each attempted pass. If you plan your passing opportinities and manage them carefully, the B-spec driver will have much more success.

Orion_SR
The other disadvantage to leaving overtake on is that the passing line isn't the best line. This is only a factor when opponents are near. I like to reset overtake for each attempted pass. If you plan your passing opportinities and manage them carefully, the B-spec driver will have much more success.
But that, combined with the five second penalty for an unattended pitstop, means the B-spec driver cannot win an unattended race without using a car which overpowers the competition to some degree. I.e. the B-spec driver seems "never skillful enough to win a long enduro (or any race requiring pitstops and negotiation of lapped traffic) unattended in a fair car".

Extra power (or the equivalent) is needed to make up for the lost five seconds, and also to compensate for overtake to being on all the time (in the very least, it needs to make up for time lost by constantly using the overtake line, but with some car/track combinations, a lower pace will need to be selected).

This is not the right place for my question but it seems like a good spot to put it since the users in this thread like to B-spec.

1. If you race a car on a track in B-Spec mode and achieve points can you rerace that same track with the same car and get more points? I'm 99% sure the answer is no but I would like confirmation. How about if you chose a different car on the same track?
2. What determines how many points you get for each race? HP/weight/competition? Or how far ahead you finish/if you bump the cars/etc?
3. If you speed up B-spec to x2 or x3 do you still receive B-spec points? If so do you receive less than if you had of raced it in real time?
4. If you lose a race in B-spec do you receive any b-spec points? I'm 99% sure this is also a no.

I have a low 1500 B-spec points since I only raced El Capitan Endurance race to get a quick Million credits after I had already A-spec'd it and one or two others but I would like to build up my B-spec points since I'd like to have more than 1 of certain cars that you can only have by winning a series of races such as the FormulaGT which I already A-spec'd and won but it'd be nice to have a second Sauber and I don't want to spend another 20 something hours on it.

whatupdet
This is not the right place for my question but it seems like a good spot to put it since the users in this thread like to B-spec.
Please see B-spec Point Maximizing Quick-Reference Links at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69405

But I'll attempt to answer your questions, since they are conclusions derivable from the above, but in some cases not explicitly mentioned. Perhaps we should make some of them new FAQs even.

whatupdet
1. If you race a car on a track in B-Spec mode and achieve points can you rerace that same track with the same car and get more points? I'm 99% sure the answer is no but I would like confirmation. How about if you chose a different car on the same track?
There are a limited number of points per car type on each track. It's not correct to say you won't win more points, but eventually you should win all the points to be won there. If you choose another car, it must be sufficiently more or less "powerful" so that the game considers it a different car. In general, you should race each car at least a couple of times, to clean up missed points. Note also that changing the power mods on a car can change the "category" it is in. See the above references for more details.

whatupdet
2. What determines how many points you get for each race? HP/weight/competition? Or how far ahead you finish/if you bump the cars/etc?
As far as everyone can tell, the most important thing is proximity to other cars at the finish. I.e. a close finish. But it also seems that you lose potential points if you pass other cars too early in the race. The above references will discuss the different types of points available to be won; most are available to be won at any track, and those are the ones you pick up by the 100's in your first few races. After you get all 7500 of those, you're collecting drabs of 12+27/29 (usually shows as 13) for each car/track combination.

whatupdet
3. If you speed up B-spec to x2 or x3 do you still receive B-spec points? If so do you receive less than if you had of raced it in real time?
I don't recall anyone ever asking this. That is just a display convenience, and has no direct effect, although it may make it more difficult for you to "manipulate" the race to result in a close finish.

whatupdet
4. If you lose a race in B-spec do you receive any b-spec points? I'm 99% sure this is also a no.
You are wrong in your surety. You most certainly do get B-spec points for losing. In fact, at times, some of the most difficult points to get seem to only arrive when you lose (because when you lose you will likely finish closer to more of the AI than when you win).

I really don't understand the point of B-spec mode at all. The only benefit that I can see is the endurance races, being able to just let it run over night. And the 3x mode, which unfortunately turns itself off after every pit.

And if I do use it in the endurance races, I either have to give Bob an incredibly superior car, or I will inevitably have to take over at some point.

And it appears when you mix it up, you don't receive points for either B or A.

The bottom line is that it just isn't fun to watch the computer race. I'm 53% done with the game, and I think I have around 1000 B-spec points, and 8000 A-spec points.

Bob is great almost all the time, i love the 3x view for enduros (should go up to 20x) pity about the pitstop view reset.

back to the point, bob just gives me the s***s when he comes off.(only on suzuka and infineon) otherwise he is a great bloke. Might just be the level he's on (about 5000km)

10,000 B-Spec points achieved. Thanks to Orion_SR, SportWagon and the unknown Japanese author. I couldn't have done it without your excellent information on how it's done!

Attachments

• rek_10000bspec.jpg
    rek_10000bspec.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 57
BobK
10,000 B-Spec points achieved. Thanks to Orion_SR, SportWagon and the unknown Japanese author. I couldn't have done it without your excellent information on how it's done!
Nicely done. I'll bet it's quite a relief to finish without anything missing. Anything unexpected happen along the way? If the database is behaving properly you should post your success in the main thread. Nasty system error you got stuck in; it really messed up the reference page. I'm not sure what options are available for cleaning up extra posts. Next time an admin stops by I'll try to talk them into helping out.

Unfortunately, we seem to have lost our topic host for the B-spec 10000 Club. I can't even get in. Then again, I didn't post screenshots for proof.

Orion_SR
Nicely done. I'll bet it's quite a relief to finish without anything missing. Anything unexpected happen along the way? If the database is behaving properly you should post your success in the main thread. Nasty system error you got stuck in; it really messed up the reference page. I'm not sure what options are available for cleaning up extra posts. Next time an admin stops by I'll try to talk them into helping out.

Unfortunately, we seem to have lost our topic host for the B-spec 10000 Club. I can't even get in. Then again, I didn't post screenshots for proof.

Indeed it was a relief to see the magic 10000 pop up instead of the 9999 I feared I'd see.

Probably the closest to "unexpected" was a lost point on Fuji 2005F by the RSC after winning by 7.934 seconds (I didn't investigate to see if it was a course or battle point; I just reran the thing), followed by a runaway win by the Lupo on Sarthe I in excess of 26 seconds that still gained all points. Anyway, I'll post a more detailed writeup on the other thread later today.

Yeah, that was weird with whatever was going on with the database, and frustrating that I couldn't edit last night to try to clean up some of the mess. This morning though it seemed to be working fine, except that when I edited the duplicates this morning, I don't believe the screenshot attachment to the first post was showing up whereas it is now.

Regards.

Popular thread. :sly: Finally, 10000. Some interesting stats:

At ~ 9950 - 9994, I had (99, 99, 99)
At 9995 - 9998, I had (100, 99, 99)
I tried to get 9999, but each try it jumped to 10k (100, 100, 100).

I made the mistake of NOT getting 100, 99, 99 via Nurb. I did make the wise choice of printing out the sheet where I could keep track of the points for the ~ 250 races. After finishing all of the races, I had around ~ 9930 points. It was not fun finding the remaining points.

I concentrated on the races where I had not recorded 13 points. I also ran alternate tunes. I would run some with S2 tires, some with R1s. I tried not to use any difficulty bias--leaving it set to "0". If the car couldn't win, I'd try to tweak the transmission, brakes, etc. If that wasn't enough, I'd move to a more grippy tire. In the case of my last 3 points (using the 350Z), I was already on the R5s, so I had to jump the horsepower.

MANY of my remaining 50+ points were obtained on the Twin Ring Super Speed track under the "World" tracks. For me, the Lupo and Miata on S2s gained the most, with the final 2 points coming from the 350Z on R5s.

NOTE: To win at this track with the 350Z, I had to go to the screen just before the race (where you can select A-spec, B-spec, Machine settings, etc.) using, for example, No turbo, so the competitor car line-up would be weaker. Then I'd go into the Machine settings just before starting the race, and bump the horsepower. If I went in with No turbo, I'd jump it to Stage 3, then race. If I went in to the settings with a Stage 3, I'd jump it to Stage 4, then race--I did both, and both netted me the +2 I needed to get to 10k. If I didn't give the 350 more horsepower than the line-up, it had NO chance of winning. This works, because the line-up doesn't change once you see the screen to select A-spec, B-spec, Machine settings, etc.

I had two memory cards, which is how I could run multiple scenarios/retries. I only did this for my goofy desire to have 100% win percentage. It means nothing, but it will be a unique screenshot that way. :) This made me run FAR more races than one should need to, as BOB DRIVES LIKE AN IDIOT, even with 9900+ points.

I hope some of this info helps someone. Now I can get back to the 200-point A-spec game with my new, G25--DFP's F'ing "sticky POTs" in the pedals pissed me off too much.

Attachments

• 10k.jpeg
    10k.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 40
I have over 36,000 B-Spec miles...whilst my "red" drivers are struggling against overly cheap Japanese, Korean, and British CPU opponents (the British and Koreans strike in Endurance races, while the British in the GT cup in European events), but they've been stopped time and time again. Does this count as 10,000 miles? :)

Does this count as 10,000 miles? :)[/QUOTE]

It's not 10000 Miles that you must have,its 10000 B-Spec. points.

serge

I only have 4000 but my B-Spec driver can win any endurance race... I hardly see a point in getting any more points. I use A-Spec mostly anyways. But yes, it is very handly for long races. In fact, I'm doing an endurance race now with B-Spec :P.

i mainly love b-sepc, i had a big go at getting up at the ring. cause that was easy to do and bob got loads of xp. i'm on 7,600 i think - i love getting it higher so i can win but i absolutly deteste it when bob loses on hard race like some of the gtwc or f1 and he is awful on flat out race like the test course etc.

I'll try and get bob better now cause i'm a bit stuck on the game atm not being able to do the missions left and cba to do the f1c or last enduro yet so it would be useful for them.

I respect all players 4 getting 10,000, it took ages getting 7,00 i thought :lol:
- good work 👍
and i might join you one day...........

This 'Club thread' seems the more appropriate place to post my submission for 10,000 B-spec points, even if all the discussion does seem to be elsewhere. Bob 'The Beast' tackled every race for which he was eligible, then ran the Family Cup at each track to mop up the missing points. Cars used for mopping up were a Mazda Mx5, Saleen S7, FormulaGT and Peugeot 206cc.

attachment.php

See also this post.

Back