1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

Son of a... I was gonna say how sweet it would be to do a rally thing when it gets snowy outside, but clearly I missed it already.
You may have missed the last Rally shootout but feel free to start planning another rally event.
Currently we only have the next 2 F.I.T.T. events on the upcoming events list. That means we're only projecting out to early January at the longest. I could definitely see a mid winter Rally event as a fun deal especially after running ultra high powered race cars around Spa for a few weeks!:D

Also would like to ask everyone to check out my last few posts in the F.I.T.T. thread and give some feedback there.
I think we are getting most of the groundwork taken care of so now it's up to all of us to make sure it becomes a vital and relevant organization that benefits the whole community.:cheers::gtpflag:

………

HEY!!! DB! BAKA! UPDATE THE OP!!!!!

- Temetias is part of Karelian MotorWorks

- I've got my picture in

- My crap tune is coming in later today.

Get updating. Nao.

Son of a... I was gonna say how sweet it would be to do a rally thing when it gets snowy outside, but clearly I missed it already.

Nutz, sorry man. I wondered why we hadn't seen you, I shoulda dropped you a PM. It was an interesting exercise, with some mixed results, based around a random assignment of car and loose restrictions (power and weight).

If someone has time to run another Rally event, I'll be in. Maybe based around PP and drivetrain. Maybe even Vintage Rally cars. Whatever.

Back on topic. I'm probably and almost definitely going with the Roadster NC now (sorry OnBoy, no joy with the Pug). Tried a bunch of cars last night and nothing runs as sweetly as my Roadster. Kinda glad I did most of the work on this car a while ago. One or two more days of testing then I'll put it up. Need to find a suitable colour for it. Anybody got the bright version of the Mazda Neo Green..?? I've got the dull version already...

{Cy}

Nutz, sorry man. I wondered why we hadn't seen you, I shoulda dropped you a PM. It was an interesting exercise, with some mixed results, based around a random assignment of car and loose restrictions (power and weight).

If someone has time to run another Rally event, I'll be in. Maybe based around PP and drivetrain. Maybe even Vintage Rally cars. Whatever.

Back on topic. I'm probably and almost definitely going with the Roadster NC now (sorry OnBoy, no joy with the Pug). Tried a bunch of cars last night and nothing runs as sweetly as my Roadster. Kinda glad I did most of the work on this car a while ago. One or two more days of testing then I'll put it up. Need to find a suitable colour for it. Anybody got the bright version of the Mazda Neo Green..?? I've got the dull version already...

{Cy}
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y U DITCH ME?! I NEED SOMEONE IN FF TO MAKE ME LOOK NOT AS BAD!!!!!! :(

And I'll check to see if I have that paint…

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y U DITCH ME?! I NEED SOMEONE IN FF TO MAKE ME LOOK NOT AS BAD!!!!!! :(

Speaking of paint, I have an eclipse with around 7,000miles on it I could paint and send you, or you could send me one for a paint job if you want that purple chrome on it for the total F&F look.

Speaking of paint, I have an eclipse with around 7,000miles on it I could paint and send you, or you could send me one for a paint job if you want that purple chrome on it for the total F&F look.

Thanks! :D I'll send you my car, and if you can and if it's allowed, give it a quick spin and see if it's as not-crap as my other Eclipse.

I tried, I really did. I imagine it can be made better, but not necessarily the way I want to do things. If I can find a way to eliminate some more of the wheel spin, without compromising the rest of the suspension too much, then maybe, just maybe. Perhaps if I pay off the last of my RJ Consultancy invoices, I can bother Master Junkie about diff settings.

Naturally, if I don't submit the Pug, but still manage to get it working a bit better, I'll let you know so you can increase your Pug collection by one more :)👍

Thanks for looking out for the paint. Two others I'm looking for, but suspect I know where I can get them from, are Evolution Orange Mica and Spicy Orange Mica. I think either of them would be apt on the Roadster...

{Cy}

I tried, I really did. I imagine it can be made better, but not necessarily the way I want to do things. If I can find a way to eliminate some more of the wheel spin, without compromising the rest of the suspension too much, then maybe, just maybe. Perhaps if I pay off the last of my RJ Consultancy invoices, I can bother Master Junkie about diff settings.

Naturally, if I don't submit the Pug, but still manage to get it working a bit better, I'll let you know so you can increase your Pug collection by one more :)👍

Thanks for looking out for the paint. Two others I'm looking for, but suspect I know where I can get them from, are Evolution Orange Mica and Spicy Orange Mica. I think either of them would be apt on the Roadster...

{Cy}
It's just to bad the 307CC doesn't qualify for this as it was nearly a second quicker in testing for me than the 206CC.

The 206CC can have a much higher PP though so it may just be a bad performance point for it at 450PP. I've noticed that some cars seem to have certain PP levels they are very good at and some they underperform at. So the 206CC might be strong at 425PP and 475PP but doesn't do well at 450PP.

It's just to bad the 307CC doesn't qualify for this as it was nearly a second quicker in testing for me than the 206CC.

The 206CC can have a much higher PP though so it may just be a bad performance point for it at 450PP. I've noticed that some cars seem to have certain PP levels they are very good at and some they underperform at. So the 206CC might be strong at 425PP and 475PP but doesn't do well at 450PP.

I'd much rather have seen the Pininfarina cabriolet Peugeot 306 in the game. Would have still failed to qualify for this contest, due to extra seatage. Lovely cars to look at, particularly when the bumpers and other bits of plastic are colour coded with the body.

I think you're right about the 206 CC, I believe it would run better at a slightly lower PP. Worth mentioning though that I'm trying to get it to work on tall, weak springs. Very much like my 206 S16. Have real issues applying power out of the corners though. The tall baggy suspension works very well on the track, as it's uneven and bumpy almost throughout. Just not enough pressure keeping the front tyres planted.

I'm sure I could drop it, firm the springs right up and it'll run quicker, but I like the loose, fluid feel of the car as it is. Bit of a Catch 22 situation...

{Cy}

I'd much rather have seen the Pininfarina cabriolet Peugeot 306 in the game. Would have still failed to qualify for this contest, due to extra seatage. Lovely cars to look at, particularly when the bumpers and other bits of plastic are colour coded with the body.

I think you're right about the 206 CC, I believe it would run better at a slightly lower PP. Worth mentioning though that I'm trying to get it to work on tall, weak springs. Very much like my 206 S16. Have real issues applying power out of the corners though. The tall baggy suspension works very well on the track, as it's uneven and bumpy almost throughout. Just not enough pressure keeping the front tyres planted.

I'm sure I could drop it, firm the springs right up and it'll run quicker, but I like the loose, fluid feel of the car as it is. Bit of a Catch 22 situation...

{Cy}
Try firming up the front springs without lowering them. Then leaving the rear springs soft lower the rear slightly. Should give you nice turn in and mid corners and help the acceleration. Also don't know what your running your LSD settings at but try droping them to like 8/24 or 7/21 may seem counter intuitive but if it reduces or eliminates the wheel spin you'll actually turn and accelerate faster.

Try firming up the front springs without lowering them. Then leaving the rear springs soft lower the rear slightly. Should give you nice turn in and mid corners and help the acceleration. Also don't know what your running your LSD settings at but try droping them to like 8/24 or 7/21 may seem counter intuitive but if it reduces or eliminates the wheel spin you'll actually turn and accelerate faster.

Hey, I've sent the Eclipse, now do your bit and give it a new lick of paint and a quick drive :D

And some feedback through PMs, if you can…

Hey, I've sent the Eclipse, now do your bit and give it a new lick of paint and a quick drive :D

And some feedback through PMs, if you can…
I'll grab it as soon as I get home from work, paint it and copy the tune onto one of my cars, then ship it back.

Will check out what you have, but your Eclipse tune was fairly good already so guessing there won't be a lot more I can add. Of course that's guessing that the convertible is fairly close in handling to the GT.

I'll grab it as soon as I get home from work, paint it and copy the tune onto one of my cars, then ship it back.

Will check out what you have, but your Eclipse tune was fairly good already so guessing there won't be a lot more I can add. Of course that's guessing that the convertible is fairly close in handling to the GT.
Oh yea, you're like our off-road Takumi Fujiwara of the Tofu shop :lol:

The handling is fairly similar, but I've got a test mule with a chassis brace to see if it does anything about the weaker chassis because of the fabric roof…not sure if GT5 replicates it though…

Oh yea, you're like our off-road Takumi Fujiwara of the Tofu shop :lol:

The handling is fairly similar, but I've got a test mule with a chassis brace to see if it does anything about the weaker chassis because of the fabric roof…not sure if GT5 replicates it though…
Well if it helps your test mule you can add it to the painted car. If not then you'll be good to go. That's why I like having several copies of any car I'm tuning so I can try a variety of things out without worrying to much that I've ruined the car with something I can't remove.

Friend requests sent to all current drivers. Praiano, you are already on my list.

I'm going to have a fiddle with the front EXT as well, to try and resist the front lifting under acceleration. I usually run fairly open diffs, 8/24/8 or 9/18/9 would be about as tight as I'd like. I think higher diff figures would require the front suspension to be completely locked in place, not something I really want to do. With the suspension moving freely, it's a pleasure to drive through the chicanes, provided you get your entry speed right. Flattens out all the bumps and rides curbs with little effort. I can only imagine that firming the car up is going to cause it to loose some of that fluidity and ultimately spoil the sensation.

Stay tuned (pun intended), I'll let youse all know if I have any success...

{Cy}

Anyone up for testing out my Roadster, make sure you have me added on the PS3 and I will share my little orange wonder ASAP :D

Anyone up for testing out my Roadster, make sure you have me added on the PS3 and I will share my little orange wonder ASAP :D
YAY!! You've stayed! :D Now, while I'm sleeping, someone remind DB to update the OP with Temetias' garage and my picture.

I'm going to have a fiddle with the front EXT as well, to try and resist the front lifting under acceleration. I usually run fairly open diffs, 8/24/8 or 9/18/9 would be about as tight as I'd like. I think higher diff figures would require the front suspension to be completely locked in place, not something I really want to do. With the suspension moving freely, it's a pleasure to drive through the chicanes, provided you get your entry speed right. Flattens out all the bumps and rides curbs with little effort. I can only imagine that firming the car up is going to cause it to loose some of that fluidity and ultimately spoil the sensation.

Stay tuned (pun intended), I'll let youse all know if I have any success...

{Cy}
Your LSD settings sound about what I generally run on FFs. With a firmer front spring try softening the Anti-Roll bar settings if you haven't already. Let the body roll and a bit of camber help keep it smooth through the chicanes and over the curbs.
Personally I think to many people run to tight of suspensions overall and can't understand why their cars want to drift wide or understeer especially on high speed or longer medium speed corners.
I also think PD has made mistakes on their modeling of the effects of weight on many cars ability to corner as I've seen many instances where a car actually corners as well or better with more weight than with less which really should never happen.

Your LSD settings sound about what I generally run on FFs. With a firmer front spring try softening the Anti-Roll bar settings if you haven't already. Let the body roll and a bit of camber help keep it smooth through the chicanes and over the curbs.
Personally I think to many people run to tight of suspensions overall and can't understand why their cars want to drift wide or understeer especially on high speed or longer medium speed corners.
I also think PD has made mistakes on their modeling of the effects of weight on many cars ability to corner as I've seen many instances where a car actually corners as well or better with more weight than with less which really should never happen.

Then you should drive my 2 ton , Audi RS 6 on CS

This car corners well for its weight :P

raVer

Then you should drive my 2 ton , Audi RS 6 on CS

This car corners well for its weight :P

raVer
My point exactly. Removing weight from the RS6 Avant does little to nothing about improving its handling, yet removing several hundred kilos in real life would greatly improve the handling especially at higher speeds.

Front camber currently running at 1.8 and ARBs set to 1/5. The original diff settings I was using were 7/21/7, but they came from a car that had 45PP less than this one, so heavier and less beans. I think if I sort the nose lifting, I can probably get away with something similar for the diff.

And yes, I agree about hard springs. I struggle to get the best out of cars on hard setups, but then I am something of a sloppy driver :sly:

{Cy}

Front camber currently running at 1.8 and ARBs set to 1/5. The original diff settings I was using were 7/21/7, but they came from a car that had 45PP less than this one, so heavier and less beans. I think if I sort the nose lifting, I can probably get away with something similar for the diff.

And yes, I agree about hard springs. I struggle to get the best out of cars on hard setups, but then I am something of a sloppy driver :sly:

{Cy}
That's scary:scared: those settings sound very close to what I have on my test car.:lol:
Guess its true about great minds thinking alike!:cheers::gtpflag:

Im going with the MX5 ive got the tune sorted I just need to get it fully broken in. 180 miles for break in ?

I can hit a 1.26 dead so thatll do.

I tested the Chevy SSR truck it was surprisingly good the handling was a pleasant surprise.

Im going with the MX5 ive got the tune sorted I just need to get it fully broken in. 180 miles for break in ?

I tested the Chevy SSR truck it was surprisingly good the handling was a pleasant surprise.
Yes the SSR is very good, I should have my "Super Spook Ride" tune for it posted today.:D

186 miles to fully break it in. 👍

I know when I'm on it when I see times from bigberry, we regularly post near identical times...
Currently running a revision of my Mazda Roadster (NC) ‘07. Has run a 1:26.089...
Im going with the MX5
=SNIP=

Seen what I mean, I don't just make this stuff up ya know... :sly:
That's scary:scared: those settings sound very close to what I have on my test car.:lol:
Guess its true about great minds thinking alike!:cheers::gtpflag:
How could I possibly disagree..!! :D

{Cy}

Back