1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

I got one in my garage too. Just report them and don't bother replying. 👍

Did you guys report him as well? Cuz I just did. I know, I know I'm late for the party.

Anyway…I bet you Roj is going to enter a Honda S2000. After all, he's a Honda freak. :D

All this 2%, 5% stuff i have no idea how to calculate.
Easy enough to do on the power limiter as it shows in percent anyway. As long as you don't go lower than 97.5% you're good. :D:tup:

As for the ballast, just take the car's weight from the garage or tuning screen. Multiply by .05 and that will give you the maximum amount of additional weight you may add. Where you put it is, of course, up to you.

Also the photo stuff personally I have filled up my flickr account to the max and am not sure how I will upload photos without having to pay for more space.

If this is a concern you may email me the photo and I will be happy to host it for you. My plan was to download and host the photos for the poll anyway. You can also put them in a zip file and attach it to your tune post and I will download and host it that way.

As for standard versus premium, I think that is part of the challenge. Yes the premium cars do have a detail advantage but given all the options available in the camera setup you can actually take some good looking snaps of standard cars. If anyone needs some tips or inspiration take a look at the PhotoMode forum. There are lots of galleries there with some excellent shots.

Finally what defines a tunner car? (...) So no tune companies: Spoon, AEM, Nismo, HPA, etc?

Yes, exactly. You can use the S2000 '06 but not the AEM S2000 and so on. I don't think there are many in the narrow scope of this shootout but as it has been a point of debate previously I wanted to get it out of the way from the start. :dopey:

Hope all that suits you and you are able to have fun with the shootout. 👍

EDIT: Spammer has been reported, probably several times. Just ignore it until the mods clean it up.

@Praiano: Always the first to submit! :D Glad to see you tried some of the older cars. I had a spin in an old Silvia model (SR311 I think) and while fun I think it will lose out to the modern machines. Perhaps the next shootout will feature a lower PP limit or a year restriction. :sly:

Last edited:
Anyway…I bet you Roj is going to enter a Honda S2000. After all, he's a Honda freak. :D

Of course and I've already picked a colour. :D

devonaoki1.jpg

Ok sounds good. I was gonna enter my amuse street version S2000 and was kinda confused because it is a street version but by a tune company so kinda both categories. No tune companies at all means I'll choose something else than. One final question a targas is like a lotus Elsie roof where it's a convertible, but only the center is gone?

Of course and I've already picked a colour. :D

devonaoki1.jpg

:lol: I don't know which I like more, the girl or the car. Actually, I'd donate a Passionate Pink to you if you'd paint it with that colour. :D

But you aren't the only one going with the F&F theme.

I am going to use A Miata '05 Roadster with SWAG

Pic and Tune up..

Can my tune be in a video.

Fishyy!!!! :D :D :D :D I like fish, can I haz it? :lol:

And are you just testing so that you can take the honours of 'fastest tester' again? :dopey:

You can be sure i'll drive the faster i can. But faster tester .....?? I don't know. That's why it name "battle" . I love to drive this track since GT1 wit the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR ’95. It's a pleasure to drive Autumn ring again.
Fish yes.. i deal with fish since i'm kid... That's why the ><((((°> °°°°°

:)👍

You can be sure i'll drive the faster i can. But faster tester .....?? I don't know. That's why it name "battle" . I love to drive this track since GT1 wit the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR ’95. It's a pleasure to drive Autumn ring again.
Fish yes.. i deal with fish since i'm kid... That's why the ><((((°> °°°°°

:)👍

It just isn't really a battle with you in here. :lol: You'll just whoop our ass around the track.

And what type of times does your SLK achieve? I've been thrashing a few 450PP cars around Autumn Ring for an hour or so (with the song from GT5's intro playing, time passes very quickly :D), and I want to see if it was time wasted.

It just isn't really a battle with you in here. :lol: You'll just whoop our ass around the track.

And what type of times does your SLK achieve? I've been thrashing a few 450PP cars around Autumn Ring for an hour or so (with the song from GT5's intro playing, time passes very quickly :D), and I want to see if it was time wasted.
Ok i have my car , it's tuned already, just need a paint to take a good picture.
It's a Mercedes benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98 , it's 1'26"300 , can be better, long time i don't drive here...:)
I'll publish it later. ><((((°> °°°°
I've got two different cars into the mid 1:28 range so I'm feeling good about my chances.:D
Don't think either one is on anyone's hot list of killer Roadsters.:crazy::cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks Cy, Sorry just saw this welcome back; been a tough road to haul, but I'm here to represent CKR....

Indy

Not a problem Sir, just glad you're well enough to compete :)👍 I know the road doesn't get any easier, I'm having acupuncture for my back now. I just don't seem to mend as well or as quick as I did when I was a younger man..!! Looking forward to see you on the track...

Ok i have my car , it's tuned already, just need a paint to take a good picture.
It's a Mercedes benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98 , it's 1'26"300 , can be better, long time i don't drive here...:)

Damn yer eyes man..!! I was going to have a crack at the SLK :ouch:

I'm joking. I took yours for a spin, then put some of my own suspension settings on it. Think I'll still have a crack at the car, I was over a second quicker with my own suspension settings. Although I only put in 5 laps with yours before messing your suspension up :mischievous:

Will have a look at a few others cars as well..

{Cy}

Not a problem Sir, just glad you're well enough to compete :)👍 I know the road doesn't get any easier, I'm having acupuncture for my back now. I just don't seem to mend as well or as quick as I did when I was a younger man..!! Looking forward to see you on the track...

I'm joking. I took yours for a spin, then put some of my own suspension settings on it. Think I'll still have a crack at the car, I was over a second quicker with my own suspension settings. Although I only put in 5 laps with yours before messing your suspension up :mischievous:

{Cy}
And damn my stupidity, I didn't see Praiano's time in his SLK. All have to say now that I've seen it is…

Ready…?

I'm nearly a second down!!!!!:grumpy:

And damn my stupidity, I didn't see Praiano's time in his SLK. All have to say now that I've seen it is…

I'm nearly a second down!!!!!:grumpy:

Only "nearly a second down" ain't nuthin to worry about. The only thing I ever do when faced with times from Praiano, CSLACR, Indy and a few other notables, is marvel. They're all constantly 1-2 seconds faster than me in my own cars!! Lower your benchmark young Padawan :sly:

I know when I'm on it when I see times from bigberry, we regularly post near identical times...

{Cy}

Only "nearly a second down" ain't nuthin to worry about. The only thing I ever do when faced with times from Praiano, CSLACR, Indy and a few other notables, is marvel. They're all constantly 1-2 seconds faster than me in my own cars!! Lower your benchmark young Padawan :sly:

I know when I'm on it when I see times from bigberry, we regularly post near identical times...

{Cy}

It is a problem when I have over 20 more hp and weigh 50 or so kg less in my own car!!! :grumpy:

I've yet to see other testers or tuners who post times as crap as mine, so I can only aim for the benchmark tuners set.

{Cy}
It is a problem when I have over 20 more hp and weigh 50 or so kg less in my own car!!! :grumpy:

I've yet to see other testers or tuners who post times as crap as mine, so I can only aim for the benchmark tuners set.
Like CyKosis says if I have a car within a second or two of praiano or CSLACR then its a competitive tune speed wise.

Also remember there is a bit more to this shootout than just speed. We have a serious drivers choice setup this time as well as the photomode contest.:nervous::eek::odd:

Even if you don't have the fastest car it could be the best driving or make for a set of killer photo's!:cheers::gtpflag:

I like these two categories as they provide incentive for people to look for a variety of cars instead of a bunch of tunes for one or two cars.👍👍

Like CyKosis says if I have a car within a second or two of praiano or CSLACR then its a competitive tune speed wise.

Also remember there is a bit more to this shootout than just speed. We have a serious drivers choice setup this time as well as the photomode contest.:nervous::eek::odd:

Even if you don't have the fastest car it could be the best driving or make for a set of killer photo's!:cheers::gtpflag:

I like these two categories as they provide incentive for people to look for a variety of cars instead of a bunch of tunes for one or two cars.👍👍

If you saw how much mileage I've added to my car, you'll see why I'm so pissed at the gap. In fact, the ghost car I'm chasing is actually 0.087 seconds slower on Praiano's SLK even though it's running SS tyres.

And I actually have another car as a backup in case my bond with my car snaps. All I need to do is to find the bloody thing.

well I just ruined a perfectly good tune!!!! Thought I'd switched cars and added crap from the tune shop intended for a lotus.....someone shoot me now please ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Indy

wasted DLC PAINT

well I just ruined a perfectly good tune!!!! Thought I'd switched cars and added crap from the tune shop intended for a lotus.....someone shoot me now please ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Indy

wasted DLC PAINT

*cocks gun*

*aims at Indy's head*

BANG!

*shoots Indy, Indy collapses and dies*

:D

thanks that didn't help...I'm still here :sly: I'd do the swimming fish but I'm old and new tricks, I don't get...

Indy

Back to the dealership..see you on the otherside

thanks that didn't help...I'm still here :sly: I'd do the swimming fish but I'm old and new tricks, I don't get...

Indy

Back to the dealership..see you on the otherside

OH GODD!!!! A VOICE FROM BEYOND!!!!! :scared: Indy has been revived!!!

I've done a 1'26"100 during another test yesterday night. I want the 1'25"xxx

><((((°>°°°° :)

{Cy}

You shave 1 sc with your own suspensions ??? Let me know your settings later. I', curious now, I want to see this.
I take out 1/2 seconds with the brakes settings for the first right turn after the starting line. Under strong braking, the car enter the curve sweeping the rear gently till the apex, and i can accelerate earlier with a better position for the next left to the lake.

Indy

wasted DLC PAINT

What have you done? i don't understand... Explain. What was this "crap"...??? A chassis reinforcement ??? This is after an experience like this , that i've stopped to use this thing.

Today will be a good GT5 day , lot of cars to test and tune.... I love the saturday.

Have a good saturday everybody.
><((((°>°°°°°

:lol: I don't know which I like more, the girl or the car. Actually, I'd donate a Passionate Pink to you if you'd paint it with that colour. :D

But you aren't the only one going with the F&F theme.

I've got something better than Passionate Pink. :D

You shave 1 sc with your own suspensions ??? Let me know your settings later. I', curious now, I want to see this.
I take out 1/2 seconds with the brakes settings for the first right turn after the starting line. Under strong braking, the car enter the curve sweeping the rear gently till the apex, and i can accelerate earlier with a better position for the next left to the lake.

I did, but unfairly. I only drove your car for 5 laps, fastest was 1:29. I then applied some of my default springs settings. I like my spring rates softer than you usually make them. I could tell from your picture, before I even looked at your settings, that the springs would be hard :sly: With hard springs I find all inputs are 'immediate'. If I soften suspension, then I find inputs are 'delayed' a little. I lack the finer controls for fast, accurate driving.

Also I took out the 55kg ballast (as I only wanted to test the 'car', not necessarily your tune) and reset the weight distribution to 50/50. So there's a reason why I was faster :sly:

Without really doing more than 10-15 laps, I made 1:28s with the following:

RH: 0 / 0
SR: 9 / 8.9
EXT: 7 / 7
COM: 5 / 5
ARB: 3 / 3

All wheel alignment 0. Haven't tried any settings here yet. The car is quite tail happy. I was just about to run a few more laps with INT: 7 ACC: 14 BR: 7, but I had to turn the TV on for SoccerAM :D

My version of your car was 454PP, without the extra weight, so now you know why I was faster :)👍

{Cy}

Back