1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I'll address a couple points.

Yes, you my tune and drive if you wish! I ask only that you do not choose your own car as one of your drivers choice.

The event is run offline in Practice Mode. This way we can just use shared cars as I expect some of the cars will be hard to find.

Any car with two seats, two doors and a fully removable top is eligible. Examples include MX5s, S2000s, SLs, Cappuccinos, etc. The Beat should count where as an Elise/Tesla/Evora would not as the top is not fully retractable. Feel free to post your questions if you are unsure.

For a benchmark, I have gotten several eligible 450pp cars into the 1'27-1'30 range. Use the info as you will. :D

I will update the list of tuners and drivers later tonight when I am home. Please let me know if you plan to do one or both.

Last edited:
Count me in as a tuner if I got the math right might have two contenders both are running low .29's and I think they'll get a "seasonal paint" job as well

I might have a go at this too, as a tuner...I do have a rather special and rather orange roadster to use :D

Excellent news. Glad to see you join in the fun :)👍

Count me in as a tuner if I got the math right might have two contenders both are running low .29's and I think they'll get a "seasonal paint" job as well

Glad to see you're back on your feet and spoiling for a fight too, good Sir :mischievous:

{Cy}

CyKosis1973
Excellent news. Glad to see you join in the fun :)👍

Glad to see you're back on your feet and spoiling for a fight too, good Sir :mischievous:

{Cy}

You have no idea how stupid I will make myself look when I reveal my roadster...

Dragonthing
You have no idea how stupid I will make myself look when I reveal my roadster...

There is one rather odd car that I'm curious to see if someone will use. I'd never have thought of it if I hadn't seen one on the road with the top down.

It will be good to have 2 categories 400 and 450pp there is so much good cars in the lower one too. I think i'll present a 425 to 430pp tune. It's around 3 sc slower but this time ,i'll not compete for the faster laptime. The car is so good to drive that i need to tune it ,even if it doesn't reach the 450pp.

Have a good night or day. ><((((°> °°°°°°

Since there is more than one oddball in this group, it would be extra funny if we all showed up with the same car while trying to be clever and unique! :crazy:

Since there is more than one oddball in this group, it would be extra funny if we all showed up with the same car while trying to be clever and unique! :crazy:

Here is the car i'm thinking about ... Honda S800 ’66 ..... Somebody ??

I'm in as a tuner and test driver. I'll be entering a '91 TVR V8S as long as it makes the 450pp level -pretty sure it does just have to check. It won't be the fastest car but its a long time favorite of mine since GT4. Looking forward to this shootout should be some very fun cars to test. :cheers:

Whats so "oddball" about the Miata? :D Why are we not running the "Roadster" shootout at Tsukuba. Will PD be mad?

ORLY?? I'll race ya ta the Stupid Finish Line then...

challenge.jpg

{Cy}

I'm in as a tuner and test driver. I'll be entering a '91 TVR V8S as long as it makes the 450pp level -pretty sure it does just have to check. It won't be the fastest car but its a long time favorite of mine since GT4. Looking forward to this shootout should be some very fun cars to test. :cheers:

The V8S was one of the cars I used in my testing. Without any parts added I think it is right at the 450 mark. In fact I think the engine rebuild took it a bit over. :D Fun car for sure.

I'll keep this Honda S800 ’66 for another 400 pp shootout, too unfair , it goes max 415pp. ><((((°> °°°°°

Whats so "oddball" about the Miata? :D Why are we not running the "Roadster" shootout at Tsukuba. Will PD be mad?

I think that they will be disappointed that their disciples have not yet realised where the true path lies.

I think that they will be disappointed that their disciples have not yet realised where the true path lies.
Triumph!

Or was that BMW...or maybe Nissan, or Lotus, or...
Choices, choices, choices:confused:...this is great!:D::cheers::gtpflag:

I cant get the alfa to work; but I haven't given it to one of CKR's crazy tester(Clibby I'm calling you out) I think I may have found my car but another '69 has caught my eye:sly:

Indy

PS all my cars will be orange/black(Halloween) :lol:

Ok i have my car , it's tuned already, just need a paint to take a good picture.
It's a Mercedes benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98 , it's 1'26"300 , can be better, long time i don't drive here...:)

I'll publish it later. ><((((°> °°°°

Ok i have my car , it's tuned already, just need a paint to take a good picture.
It's a Mercedes benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98 , it's 1'26"300 , can be better, long time i don't drive here...:)

well I got some work 2 do :lol:

Indy

Hmmm. I knew there was a reason I was looking at that one.

Ok I wanna be in this, but I have a few problems. All this 2%, 5% stuff i have no idea how to calculate. Yes I took math 6 times in 4years, but 3 of those times were the same class lol. Also the photo stuff personally I have filled up my flickr account to the max and am not sure how I will upload photos without having to pay for more space. Also any standard car is going to look like crap compared to a premium one. So you may win the timing, but for sure loose the photos. Plus me personally again my TV the photos look awesome on it when I take them, but are totally different once viewed on my computer due to the different color settings. Finally what defines a tunner car? Do you mean like I can not choose a Shelby Cobra, but i can choose a AC 427? So no tune companies: Spoon, AEM, Nismo, HPA, etc?

Back