2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Something random: I still haven't adapted to Edwards retiring at the start of the season. I'm watching NASCAR as a fan of the racing, not of any driver. It's a different experience altogether. Haven't been able to choose a new favorite driver, none has captivated me so far.
Edwards had been my favorite driver by far so I'm in the same boat. Larson, Chase and Blaney intrigue me but none are as interesting.

Stenhouse winning isn't that big a surprise. There has been much larger upsets.

Somehow my DVR missed the final portion of the race. It got up past the red flag, then stopped (as it hit the end of the scheduled program). Knowing that every race runs longer than what the TV says it will, I had it set up to record the two programs after the race as well. I don't know why, but all I got on it was the post race interviews followed by later programming. Where the heck did the last 12 laps go? :odd:

Anyway, congrats to Stenhouse. He gets a lot of crap for his Maldonado-like tendencies, but he runs well here and there. And there's been a big improvement in that team this year. Always nice to see a driver get their first win. 👍

170505100732-toyota-land-speed-cruiser-780x439.jpg

Carl Edwards drives the world's fastest SUV. A 2000 HP, 230 MPH Toyota Land Cruiser.

Absolutely gutted for Ben Rhodes. This was his race. 🤬 Out with an engine failure.

Kyle Busch wins it. 🤬

Edit: FS1 doesn't even show his victory burnout. They just go straight to commercial.

Edit: Aparrantly he didn't do a burnout. He just got the flag and drove to victory lane.

Last edited:
Kyle Busch wins it. 🤬
I guess if there's any silver lining, he wasn't overkill dominating.

Ben here, Byron last year, and I believe there were three or four other instances a lead truck blew up within the last couple of years...most of them Toyotas...it's just strange about it happening so often.

Also, Kyle being more subtle than usual...some.

Devastated for Rhodes. I've always thought that he's been kind of underrated, and he had a great run going tonight. Hopefully, he'll get one soon; I really do feel for him.

As for Busch, I know nobody likes watching Cup guys win these things, but he got lucky with this one. Bell and Rhodes had him on the ropes tonight. Great showing for the young guns.

Kyle Busch won the first two segments of the race followed by his driver, Chris Bell in the #4.

Wouldn't it have made more sense for Kyle to back off and let Bell win those segments since Bush is not running for points?

That ending, Kyle is one of my favorite drivers, but I hated to see Rhodes lose like that. It seemed like Kyle even felt bad for the guy.

Chase Elliot left his stall as McDowwel was entering his and they hit each other. They almost took out Juniors crew in the process.

Blaney looking hot tonight!
Jr. Keeps having slow stops, and Danica Patrick having a really good drive!

Hell, I thought Danica hit hard, but Almirola just took one of the biggest hits I've seen in a good while. Sure hope he's alright.

Definitely had something mechanical happen to his car. He veered straight left into Danica. Glad so see everyone okay.

Edit: Almirola may be hurt. :indiff:

Back