2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Probably won't watch trucks, but Dinger and Prince for me. I think it's important for the sport that Kaulig wins the title tomorrow.

Last edited:
I want Hamlin to win just for the comments and meltdown. I'd like to see the Dinger take Xfinity but probably be Cindric. Don't care about trucks.

So practice happened and based on the lap averages it could very well come down to the #19 or the #9.

Chase and Larson both looked really loose, but the #5 looked worse. Not sure if anyone was watching practice, but Larson said that their previous run was better, but still not very good. Certainly didn't sound very confident and doesn't seem like the way to start the weekend imo. Denny was the worst of the four too

What's interesting is that the #5 team opted to use an old car while the #9 built a brand new one. Lets see how qualifying goes.

Last edited:
So practice happened and based on the lap averages it could very well come down to the #19 or the #9.

Chase and Larson both looked really loose, but the #5 looked worse. Not sure if anyone was watching practice, but Larson said that their previous run was better, but still not very good. Certainly didn't sound very confident and doesn't seem like the way to start the weekend imo. Denny was the worst of the four too

What's interesting is that the #5 team opted to use an old car while the #9 built a brand new one. Lets see how qualifying goes.
On lap averages alone, it was 5, 9, 11 and 19. But the 11 didn't record a 15 lap average like the 5, 9 and 19. Truex was the worst based on 15 lap average. But we talking about practice, man.

My pick for tonight is Crafton. Wanna see him win another championship without winning a race. And for Xfinity, I’m going Hemric, for the same reason. Sunday pick is Larson.

On lap averages alone, it was 5, 9, 11 and 19. But the 11 didn't record a 15 lap average like the 5, 9 and 19. Truex was the worst based on 15 lap average. But we talking about practice, man.
You sure about that? Pretty sure Truex had the best 15 lap average, and Chase was second best to him in that regard.

You sure about that? Pretty sure Truex had the best 15 lap average, and Chase was second best to him in that regard.
Untitled.jpg

John Hunter has a flat not even 10 laps into the race and is probably out of championship contention now 2 laps down. F.

I want Hamlin to win just for the comments and meltdown.
For his own sake he better, if he fails to win after being in the final 4 for the third straight year and last week's comments he will never hear the end of it.

For his own sake he better, if he fails to win after being in the final 4 for the third straight year and last week's comments he will never hear the end of it.
Not to mention he's going to be 41 this year, so he doesn't have that many seasons left to make another attempt at it.

Well then with Money and the Prince starting in the front row, I guess we finally get to see the two battle it out for the title. Guess that's what fate is all about.

Hemric!!!!! :D

Was pulling for 'Dinger but I'll settle for his 2022 teammate.

Last edited:
2 Toyotas in 2 days!!! Congrats Both Ben Rhoades and Daniel Hemric!!! 😁 😁

Dang it!!! Now I want HM to become Toyota Powrered out of nowhere to complete the triangle!!!

Rooting for Larson and Truex Jr. Tomorrow!!!

The backflip is back in NASCAR!

The Xfinity series is easily the best series NASCAR has. Congrats to Hemric!
It's shaping up to be even better next year and we still have some top seats with "?" next to them.

Hemric could win the title next week and not win the race. He'd become the third driver in NASCAR's 3 top series to do so if it happens. The other two instances were Austin Dillon in 2013 Xfinity (when only 3 non-Cup drivers won a race) and Matt Crafton in 2019 Trucks.
I really hope that happens just to make the chase look even more stupid.
8V1r7jG.gif

I got what I wanted.

Last edited:
Thread about pit stops.

When I took courses at NASCAR Technical Institute, I took a pit stop class for 3 weeks. I got to learn the ins and outs of what makes the stops work. It is SO MUCH harder than it looks like on TV. Probably one of my favorite aspects of the sport that will be going away.

Last edited:

When I took courses at NASCAR Technical Institute, I took a pit stop class for 3 weeks. I got to learn the ins and outs of what makes the stops work. It is SO MUCH harder than it looks like on TV. Probably one of my favorite aspects of the sport that will be going away.

Bozi is one of the most knowledgeable on the topic AND he doesn't pit NASCAR (he actually works on the Vasser Sullivan team).

Bozi is one of the most knowledgeable on the topic AND he doesn't pit NASCAR (he actually works on the Vasser Sullivan team).
He is a great follow on Twitter. Both for his great motorsport technical analysis, and breakfast sandwich reviews.

Last edited:
bZ0VMht.png

I dunno, these new Porsches just look weird to me.

Edit: Corey LaJoie making all kinds of friends out there today.

Last edited:
Back