2021 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,202 comments
Chase did a great job at picking the wrong lane and handing that one to the #5 damn. It's stuff like that I hope he shakes off for next season.

EDIT:Larson is bad fast, but i doubt he will ever be this dominant again. He has benefited the most this year from excellent starting position guaranteed and the first pit stall. That just compounds into more stage points and wins. Along with that, no practice or qualifying has hurt top contenders like Kyle Busch from competing like we are used to. He is good, but is getting a lot of help by what's been put in place.

Last edited:
9 WINS. I dont even think I need to say more. Your guy Chase was given a win at COTA then got a manipulated win at Road America. Its very easy to throw cautions at select times. Sucks that Blaney got taken out by a field filler. The #3 represented dirty racing for 20 years and when it came back just solidifies pure garbage with Dillon at the wheel.

9 WINS. I dont even think I need to say more.
2020 season (and Kevin Harvick) would like to have a chat with you about the "last-race-winner-takes-it-all" format. :P
The #3 represented dirty racing for 20 years and when it came back just solidifies pure garbage with Dillon at the wheel.
You can't compare Dale Sr. to Austin Dillon, yes, both drive the #3, but both were in different times. Dale Sr's rule book was a bit more free than Dillon's, making the pack racing really aggressive back then, making it a normal thing, and Dale Sr's aggressiveness is one of the many things that made NASCAR worldwide famous... :P

I do like what you said though, because It solidifies my idea numbers should have the option to be permanently retired if it gets such a historical run (like the #3, #24 or even the #43...) to not get weakened like this. There are still plenty of dual numbers waiting for their shot (just look now at #5 with Larson after Kyle Busch/Terry Labonte, or #9 with Chase after his dad and the Evernham Dodges era) :P

9 WINS. I dont even think I need to say more. Your guy Chase was given a win at COTA then got a manipulated win at Road America. Its very easy to throw cautions at select times.
Manipulated win, huh? That's interesting. I'll give your guy his credit where it’s due, but I don’t think he dominates like this in a normal season. His stats are objectively inflated. Not just his stats but his pit crew stats too. Virtually always having the first stall allows the #5 (or whoever has it) to exit the pits faster, therefore more positions gained on pit road every time. I'm not complaining though, just making an observation.

Look for our "no-talent" Prince to take his crown back from yUnG MoNahy these next two weeks. X2🔥

Article about F1 thumping NASCAR in Texas

Oh well. NASCAR is just going to dive deeper and deeper into gimmicks to try and bring back the fans, instead of fixing the foundation.
F1 is one race. In fact, it’s a massive event. You go for the pageantry. You go for the social media likes. It’s like arguing if Aussie Supercars is dying because more people show up for the Aussie GP than some random event in Darwin. Comparing the two because of car counts is stupid.

On top of a full 5 hour coverage window being shown on a major television network.

Talk to me in two weeks when NASCAR runs it’s finale after the Mexican GP.

I’m fact, the author should’ve applauded NASCAR for giving a giant middle finger for scheduling a race less than a thousand miles away from Austin. Other series either schedule themselves as a support race (like the Aussie series above) or around the F1 date in their country (BTCC, DTM, WEC).

This is just negative, click baity press that hooked you like a naive, hungry fish.

Plus NASCAR still beat F1 in ratings by nearly a million viewers despite F1 being on OTA TV while NASCAR was on cable.

Honestly, I'm just happy that motorsports in general seems the healthiest it's been in awhile and there's more optimism on the horizon. I'm also happy that I don't need to pick a side for some unapparent reason and can enjoy both, even if I don't always agree with their decisions.

Yeah I don't get the F1/NASCAR comparison. F1 has 1 race in the US and no doubt it should draw a huge crowd and even draw non fans for the experience. But F1 ratings in the US have always sucked. There are also plenty of motorsports whose ratings suck like NHRA and it's still televised. NASCAR is still pretty big in America and the season is damn near 10 months long. It takes commitment to stay tuned. F1 fans can put their monocles and top hats away please.

It's mostly that a lot of people still follow outdated stereotypes that haven't been relevant for a long time. They think Formula 1 is the domain of snobby billionaires and NASCAR is only for beer swilling, welfare collecting rednecks, and the idea that F1 would come in and gain a permanent foothold in Texas, considered the heart of that NASCAR stereotype, is completely inconceivable.

Never mind that Austin is the nothing like of the rest of Texas, NASCAR quickly shed the good ol' boy image when the '90s era fans stopped giving them money, and Formula 1 will go to wherever it can collect its massive hosting fees.

If that’s what the course for the Busch Clash is going to look like, that’s not going to be a pretty race.
This tiny track is 1 hour north of all the team shops in Charlotte/Concord/Mooresville, NC in my hometown, Winston-Salem, NC.

They are shaking down the new cars here in the heart of their target demographic and long-time fanbase, just so that they can build an identical track 3,000 miles away, to use one time, for a "local fanbase" in Los Angeles that won't give two 💩💩 about this race.

Honestly, they should have just held the race at Bowman Gray Stadium to begin with.

Last edited:
This is just negative, click baity press that hooked you like a naive, hungry fish.
Given the posting history of the person you've responded to, basically the perfect audience for this sort of nonsensical BS.

Last edited:
Chevrolet Silverado RST for next season:
452141C5-E8A4-41A5-8750-3DB7BA895BCC.jpeg

Chevrolet Silverado RST for next season:
View attachment 1090601
I have no affiliation to Chevy or Ford (or Chrysler/Dodge for that matter) but this looks better to me as the Ford version. The F-150 looks a bit silly tbh, this is better.
Now, I'd be much happier if you could actually buy an American pickup with a V8 that is more street-oriented than the ones on sale, more like the Syclone or the now dead Ozzie Utes. I guess I will have to build one for myself at one point...

It's a sport on Iceland that don't get tv time.It's called Formula OffRoad.F1 is something for the dreamers and you can't buy the winning car afterwards in a dealership.But in nascar,rallye and some few other motorsports you can buy a simmilar car or bike.

Last edited:
I have no affiliation to Chevy or Ford (or Chrysler/Dodge for that matter) but this looks better to me as the Ford version. The F-150 looks a bit silly tbh, this is better.
Now, I'd be much happier if you could actually buy an American pickup with a V8 that is more street-oriented than the ones on sale, more like the Syclone or the now dead Ozzie Utes. I guess I will have to build one for myself at one point...
5.0 isn’t good enough? 😆

Hemric could win the title next week and not win the race. He'd become the third driver in NASCAR's 3 top series to do so if it happens. The other two instances were Austin Dillon in 2013 Xfinity (when only 3 non-Cup drivers won a race) and Matt Crafton in 2019 Trucks.

Last edited:
Hemric could win the title next week and not win the race. He'd become the third driver in NASCAR's 3 top series to do so if it happens. The other two instances were Austin Dillon in 2013 Xfinity (when only 3 non-Cup drivers won a race) and Matt Crafton in 2019 Trucks.
I really hope that happens just to make the chase look even more stupid.

At least Dillon and Crafton had wins in previous years. Hemric has never won a race, period. Not a knock on him, but it would be hilarious if he took the title without winning this season. He's going to Kaulig next year, so he still has a chance to win before he retires since that team has upped its game over the last couple seasons. But imagine if he won the championship next week by finishing second, then eventually ran the rest of his career without ever visiting victory lane. :lol:

Bowman wins at Martinsville. Elliott, Hamlin and Truex Jr. (as of now) advance to the final 4 at Phoenix.

Back