2023/24 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 447 comments
Kai Havertz will have Arsenal medical this weekend ahead of a £65 million move.
Man United have made a third bid for Mason Mount which is £50 million rising to 55, he has already agreed personal terms and wants the move.

Away from Chelsea transfers, Newcastle look set to sign Sandro Tonali from AC Miland for around £65 million.

Havertz is trash. Dunno what he’s gonna do at Arsenal.

Inter Miami now have signed Sergi Busquets in addition to Messi. MLS is gonna be crazy

Man City have had a £90 million bid rejected by West Ham for Declan Rice.
Man United have had a third bid of £55 million rejected by Chelsea for Mount but the clubs remain in talks, there are reports that United are moving on to other targets, Caicedo being one of them.
Bayern have made a 70 million euro bid for Harry Kane.
Ilkay Gundogan has joined Barcelona on a free from Man City.
Ruben Neves has joined Al-Hilal from Wolves for £47 million.
Ngolo Kante and Kalidou Koulibaly both left Chelsea to join Al-Hilal and Al-Ittihad.
Justin Kluivert has joined Bournemouth from Valencia for £9.5 million.

Arsenal have submitted a £100 million bid for Declan Rice with a further £5 million in add-ons, if accepted it will be a record for a British player, I think West Ham will wait to see if City respond before accepting.

City did sign Mateo Kovacic from Chelsea earlier for £25 million, he seems to be the Gundogan replacement.

Arsenal have signed Kai Havertz from Chelsea for £65 million.
Arsenal have also agreed a deal with West Ham for Declan Rice after Man City pulled out of the race.
Spurs have signed James Maddison from Leicester for £40 million, which could be the bargain of the summer.

Arsenal have submitted a £100 million bid for Declan Rice with a further £5 million in add-ons, if accepted it will be a record for a British player, I think West Ham will wait to see if City respond before accepting.

City did sign Mateo Kovacic from Chelsea earlier for £25 million, he seems to be the Gundogan replacement.
I thought Grealish was the record?

Next year's season should be a good one. I still don't think Arsenal will overcome Man City's star power as long as KDB and Haaland stay healthy.

Man United have finally agreed a deal with Chelsea for Mason Mount, its for the last offer which is £55 million with £5 million in add-ons, Mount wanted the move and he agreed personal terms quite a while ago now! its was just Chelsea playing hard-ball. Move is still subject to a medical and paperwork.

Man United have finally agreed a deal with Chelsea for Mason Mount, its for the last offer which is £55 million with £5 million in add-ons, Mount wanted the move and he agreed personal terms quite a while ago now! its was just Chelsea playing hard-ball. Move is still subject to a medical and paperwork.
Mount for 55m is a way better buy than Rice at 105m. I'd have Mount all day long on his day over Rice.
I thought Grealish was the record?

Next year's season should be a good one. I still don't think Arsenal will overcome Man City's star power as long as KDB and Haaland stay healthy.
Grealish was 100m straight up. So it at least matches that, depends whether you count add-ons as whether it's a record fee.

Its not a record fee for an English player, because I stupidly forgot about Bellingham who only signed for £115 million a couple of weeks ago!

Are Man U ever going to get a real striker? Weghorst is like putting a plow on the front of your sailboat.

It looks like it will be Onana coming in next, which is good as we need a new keeper, but the striker hunt has gone a bit cold lately, It doesn't look like we will get Kane but Hojlund and Kolo Muani have been spoken about, we could get both.

Roundup time.

Liverpool have signed Dominik Szoboszlai from RB Leipzig for just over £60 million. His surname is easier to pronounce than you think!
The Chelsea outgoings have continued with Edouard Mendy joining Al-Ahli and Ruben Loftus-Cheek joining AC Milan.
With all the sales Chelsea managed to find space for a signing, Nicolas Jackson has signed from Villareal for £30 million, he is a Senegalese winger.
Newcastle today announced the signing of Sandro Tonali from AC Milan, the Italian midfielder joins for £55 million.
Away from transfers it was confirmed that Roy Hodgson will stay on as Crystal Palace manager for the upcoming season.

And its the first Monday of July all clubs now have their players back for pre-season, not all players are back though because of the late finish to last season and the fact that there were internationals only a few weeks ago, some players will get extra time off.

Utterly sad to see this Tonali to Newcastle move. He could've been a new Maldini type icon.

Brentford have signed defender Nathan Collins from Wolves for a club record £23 million, Wolves have been selling a lot this summer due to FFP.
Mason Mount was announced as a Man United player on Wednesday and will surprisingly wear the number 7 shirt, United continue to work on deals for Onana and Hojlund.
Granit Xhaka has joined Bayer Leverkusen from Arsenal for £21.3 million.
Four players leaving for free the last few days, Cesar Azpilicueta from Chelsea to Atletico, Caglar Soyuncu from Leicester also to Atletico, Milan Skriniar from Inter to PSG and Di Maria from Juventus to Benfica.

Last edited:
Millwall's owner, John Berylson, died this week - and I was baffled by it. I think I've figured out how but not... how.

Berylson was the only occupant of a Range Rover which rolled over and crashed into a tree in a single-vehicle accident in Falmouth MA.

He failed to take this corner, on a low speed rural road (with multiple houses) at 8am, and ended up on the passenger side with a tree through the roof (BBC says the car rolled down a ravine, but there doesn't appear to be a ravine and there's no evident damage from a complex roll in any of the US media). Berylson was pronounced dead at the scene.

I don't know how you **** up driving in a modern tank that badly.

Also Sheffield Wednesday appoint Championship promotion-winning ex-Watford manager Xisco Munoz, but chairman Dejphon Chansiri uses the unveiling press conference to dig on ex-Wednesday player Carlton Palmer for talking **** about Darren Moore's bizarre departure.

Last edited:
Edwin Van Der Sar is in intensive care after suffering a bleed on his brain, He is being treated in Croatia where he has been on holiday.

So the main news since my last round up really is that David De Gea has left Man United, his contract expired on the first but he confirmed he had left the club last week, he spent 12 years at the club and won 6 major trophies including the Premier League plus he won the club player of the season award four times.

The way he left wasn't great from United either, he was initially offered a £350k a week deal which was agreed but United went back on it and offered him half that, it was mostly because of the mistakes he was making towards the end of the season and that fact that ETH was unsure about him, its the right decision to let him go mind, looks like Onana will be confirmed this week. De Gea was the last remaining player at the club to have won the League in Sir Alex's last season in 2012.

Not a huge amount elsewhere, its mostly deals that are nearly done such as Declan Rice and Jurrien Timber both to Arsenal, Bayer have made a second bid for Harry Kane.

I have seen the Dele Alli interview, it takes some real bravery to come out and talk about the traumatic things that a person has been going through, my heart goes out to him and I'll be rooting for him for the rest of his career, he is likely going to help so many people and I wish him all the best. ❤️

Benjamin Mendy has been found not guilty of one count of rape and one count of attempted rape at his re-trial, this comes after he was found cleared of six rapes at an earlier trial in January, the jury deliberated for over three hours before delivering its verdict, Mendy was a left back at Man City but was suspended by the club when he was charged, his contract with the club expired this month.

Arsenal have signed Dutch centre-back Jurrien Timber from Ajax for £34 million, the club are also waiting to confirm Declan Rice after they agreed a deal with West Ham two weeks ago but there has been a delay with paperwork. Man United are waiting for the 'Here we go' for Andre Onana, deal is very close and we are hoping that today would be the day but nothing yet.

Arsenal have finally signed Declan Rice from West Ham.
Aston Villa have signed Pau Torres from Villareal for £34 million.
Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets have joined Inter Miami both on frees.
Aaron Ramsey has joined Cardiff on a free.
Andre Onana to Man United is still really close.

Man United have signed Andre Onana from Inter Milan for £47.2 million.
Burnley have signed England Under 21 goalkeeper James Trafford from Man City for £19 million which includes a buy-back clause for City.
Burnley have also today signed Nathan Redmond on a free.
Matt Doherty has re-joined Wolves from Atletico Madrid on a free.
Liverpool have agreed a deal to sell Jordan Henderson to Saudi side Al-Ettifaq for £12 million, news of that has been pretty badly received off the pitch.
Man City have agreed a deal with Al-Ahli to sell Riyad Mahrez for £30 million.
To round off the Saudi stuff it looks like Alex Telles will be joining Al-Nasser from Man United for around £6 million.
Jordi Alba has joined Messi and Busquests at Inter Miami.

The Fantasy Premier League thread last season got very few signups, so I'm not really that encouraged to start it up again. Who would want a GTPlanet league this year? If we get some good numbers wanting it I'll start one up

We do a league at work so I'll join the GTP one.

Al-Hilal have made a £259 million bid for Kylian Mbappe! Of course its world record bid and he will likely only be there for a year as it look like he will join Real Madrid once his contract is up at PSG next summer, but PSG want to sell him now and they have had interest from a lot of European clubs.

Not a great day to be a Wednesday or Forest fan of certain vintages, as both Trevor Francis and Chris Bart-Williams have died at 69 and 49 respectively.

I still can't believe Messi is playing in Fort Lauderdale lmao. Getting tickets = IMPOSSIBLE. I remember going to watch the Fusion play in that dump Lockhart Stadium. Woof. Can't overstate how humorous it is that the glitterati have now descended upon it to watch the GOAT play exhibition ball. What was stopping all of them from going to Paris to watch him at PSG? Life is crazy.

Back