2024 Touring Car Thread - BTCC, TCR, and more.Touring Cars 

30 sec penalty for Rowbo. Drops him to 15th. A bit lenient really, should’ve been placed last as that’s where they would’ve finished following the rules.
Lenient for sure but it's a dumb rule anyway.

Lenient for sure but it's a dumb rule anyway.
Keeping it consistent for the season, then they can adjust at the end of the season.

Black and Orange flags are vital for protecting everyone around the circuit though.

Keeping it consistent for the season, then they can adjust at the end of the season.

Black and Orange flags are vital for protecting everyone around the circuit though.
I agree, that kind of damage however doesn't seem like what the rule was introduced for.

I agree, that kind of damage however doesn't seem like what the rule was introduced for.
Yeah, it was too little for the Toyota's at Brands earlier this year, but consistency in stewarding is necessary so they're keeping that for those bits of bodywork all season.

Summer break now sadly, Croft in 33 days. A very tasty championship fight awaits on the other side though.
btcc standings.png

Quite incredible that Ash has only won 1 race so far, after 12 last year.
Yeah pretty remarkable, at this stage last season he had 6 under his belt. Won at every event except Donington and Oulton. Jake is 1 away from matching his tally for last season.

Ash definitely hasn't had the luck this season and has made a few more mistakes than we're used to seeing. I do feel Ingram will come through to win it this season, the BMW seems to have too many weaknesses. That being said, the remaining circuits should favour BMW ever so slightly.

Maybe he's trying to do what Colin Turkington did in 2018?

Jake Hill is my dark horse for this season.
Don't think someone who's won the most races so far this year, and was 3rd in the championship the last 2 years, counts as a dark horse.

Don't think someone who's won the most races so far this year, and was 3rd in the championship the last 2 years, counts as a dark horse.
Bad choice of words on my part. Never have been any good at finding the right words despite knowing exactly what I am trying to say.

I am rooting for Sutton for the sake of breaking Rouse's record but if I had to pick a 2nd favourite, it would be Hill because he hasn't won a title yet and has looked the most threatening to after Sutton and Ingram in recent years, besides it would be quite the coincidence to have car #24 win the title in the year 2024!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back