2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,382 comments
Elon's "understanding" of CO2 driven global warming seems to be that it'll just give people headaches due to the higher concentration in the air, but somehow not affect the amount of energy absorbed by the planet despite decades of research showing that increasing temperatures are exactly what will happen and has been happening for a long time.

And Trump understands it less, which is quite an accomplishment.
Elon of 2012 disagrees

The guy is exactly like Trump - a salesman to the bone. Neither one of them has any principles other than making the sale - whether it's a product or a delusion - by any any means necessary.

Another - it's not like he was quiet about it a decade ago...
Elon Musk: oil campaign against electric cars is like big tobacco lobbying

Tesla chief executive likens attacks on electric cars to campaigns of misinformation by big tobacco and climate sceptics

Last edited:
Really loved Trump's conversation with Elon Musk on his X Spaces chat. Even if you hate the guy, you have to admit he's a great entertainer, but long format stuff like this makes him a lot more human. He still sticks to his stolen-election delusions, but it's good to know that he "gets it,"especially with regard to his line about people being more concerned about CO2-footprint global warming than nuclear bomb global warming. I feel like Kamala is a vapid, script-reader that might as well just be an AI automaton.

Don’t you dare to ever post anything here again, unless it’s Anti-Trump.

Don’t even think about trying to demonstrate even a modicum of objectivity either.

IMG_4526.gif

IMG_4905.gif

😉

Seriously tho…

How hot was Rachel McAdams and Lacey Chabert in this movie????

Last edited:
This doesn't project anything good...

After completing the MAGA takeover of the Georgia State Election Board, Donald Trump's allies quickly cemented his 2020 election lies into policy, and moved to allow conspiratorial-minded county election officials to refuse to certify election results if they see fit. Even before the election board granted broad powers to county election officials to deny election results and reopened an investigation into minor vote-counting errors in Fulton County in 2020, Trump was publicly praising the work of three Republicans who hold majority power on the board.

Last edited:
This doesn't project anything good...

That's going to be the big problem in this election. There are so many election deniers in power now in swing states that they can just not certify based on nothing. It wouldn't surprise me if Georgia's board just refused to certify metro Atlanta at all.

That's going to be the big problem in this election. There are so many election deniers in power now in swing states that they can just not certify based on nothing. It wouldn't surprise me if Georgia's board just refused to certify metro Atlanta at all.
I got a compromise for that. If one party decides not to certify for "reasons", nobody gets the state! (Yes this is a very bad plan.)

It turns out that it really helps to not hate him if you want to find him entertaining. So, no.
Oh come on. Trump is one of the greatest entertainers on earth. In fact, Trump is just like Taylor Swift. Both are tall blondes. Both are highly entertaining to their target audiences. Both sell signature fashion accessories. Both have their own versions of their albums and elections. Both have had events affected by security compromise. Both have pierced ears.

Objectively, do you have the expectation of bodily autonomy?

Oh man…

Are things going to start getting weird again? I thought the deal between us was; that as long as I stopped quoting your posts on the subject, you’d stop bringing it up.

Don’t even think about trying to demonstrate even a modicum of objectivity either.
I mean, there are things that you could make a positive case for Donald Trump. The problem is, he's done so much sketchy crap and supports some of the absolute worst policies, so any redeeming quality gets overshadowed in a big way. Never mind that he's openly a threat to democracy and pushes lies that undermine the election process in the US or that he incited a coup. Whatever goodwill and positive aspects he had vanished after the 2020 election.

I thought the deal between us was; that as long as I stopped quoting your posts on the subject, you’d stop bringing it up.
Nope.
If you're not interested, stop quoting me and stop responding to me. It won't stop me asking you whether you think you should have the expectation of bodily autonomy or not; only answering it will. Whistle as much as you want.
So... do you?

Just because 99 people share a common dislike, that doesn't automatically make the singular person a maverick.

A: "Lmao, babies dying of AIDS is so funny. Should happen so often."
B: "You're a sick human being and so say all of us."
A: "Wow, how dare I have a different opinion and break away from the herd. Sheep."

Extreme example to prove the point but I'm sure you can extrapolate.

Trump is an awful human being with close to zero redeeming qualities. That most of the frequent posters here share this view doesn't detract from us repeating it when the circumstances arise.

Others are free to disagree and we are free to object every single time.

Last edited:

@Yard_Sale, you're really going to bat for this guy?

No shame in admitting you were wrong.

Let's try an example: If Trump came out against fire alarms, would you still not see him for what he is?

I know it's Trump so it's not surprising, but no one should be alarmed over MPOX. We have a proven vaccine against it and if it becomes a thing, just get vaccinated. I know a portion of the population wouldn't dream of getting vaccinated, but for the rest of us, we can get protected fairly easily.

Also, the stupidest among us are claiming MPOX is a cover-up for a COVID vaccine side effect:
1723731159481.png

But really, we need to start a thing that bananas cure MPOX because that would have hilarious consequences of people hoarding bananas.

But really, we need to start a thing that bananas cure MPOX because that would have hilarious consequences of people hoarding bananas.
Find out what firms vulture capitalists are trying to short and claim that shares in Company cure monkeypox.

Two birds with one stone.

I know it's Trump so it's not surprising, but no one should be alarmed over MPOX. We have a proven vaccine against it and if it becomes a thing, just get vaccinated. I know a portion of the population wouldn't dream of getting vaccinated, but for the rest of us, we can get protected fairly easily.
I'm more alarmed at the prospect of children dying from it who don't have a choice in whether they are vaccinated. Gullible adults deserve some sympathy too.

Last edited:
I'm more alarmed at the prospect of children dying from it who don't have a choice in whether they are vaccinated. Gullible adults deserve some sympathy too.
I'm not sure how it is in the UK, but the FDA here just authorized the vaccine for people as young as 12. There's no reason that they couldn't do trials fairly quickly to see if it works with younger patients and give it an emergency use authorization.

The good news is that MPOX is rarely deadly or needs hospitalization. I still wouldn't want it, but it seems less dangerous than COVID is. I think many of the problems come from secondary infections due to open sores all over your body, which is likely why parts of Africa are struggling with it. They don't have the infrastructure to provide adequate care to reduce infections. In Europe and America, we're better prepared for that and while the risk of infection is still there, it would be reduced.

I'm not sure how it is in the UK, but the FDA here just authorized the vaccine for people as young as 12. There's no reason that they couldn't do trials fairly quickly to see if it works with younger patients and give it an emergency use authorization.
Ah, I should have been clearer.

Antivax parents may decline to have their children vaccinated against it.

Nope.

So... do you?

Ugh..

Because I think you’re a good writer, and I respect your opinions regardless, I’m going to choose to believe you’re not the buzzkill guy at dinner parties who likes to turn light humor into heavy conversation.

I’m also going to choose to believe you’re not the “well actually…..” guy either.

Right?

Right????

Last edited:
Ugh..

Because I think you’re a good writer, and I respect your opinions regardless, I’m going to choose to believe you’re not the buzzkill guy at dinner parties who likes to turn light humor into heavy conversation.

I’m also going to choose to believe you’re not the “well actually…..” guy either.

Right?

Right????
Yes or no? Remember, any qualification means no.

Ugh..

Right?

Right????
I'm not sure why you're still being evasive.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you're still being evasive.
I think I can guess why. It looks to me as if he'd rather attack the questioner than defend his opinion.

Erm, what? Trump awarded the Presidential Medal to Rush Limbaugh, Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan. It's not equal to a military honour awarded to soldiers who were shot on the battlefield. This sounds like just another way of saying "I prefer people who donate and/or suck up to me to people who get shot defending their country".

Last edited:
Ugh..

Right?

Right????
I've been watching you try to evade a simple yes or no question for what has become an inappropriate length of time. Enough is enough, Yard. Man up and answer the question.

Last edited:

Like he's well beyond Palin at this point, isn't he? In 2024 America, he's basically just saying "groups of white people cause crime."

Last edited:
Back