2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,469 comments
Conservative is when you cry like a little bitch about how others live their lives, even (especially?) as how others live their lives violates no rights and shouldn't affect you.

Screenshot-20240831-120004-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Trump didn't just shoot himself in the foot by picking Vance. It's more like he grabbed a wine corkscrew and is slowly advancing it through his foot until it's poking out of his sole.

EDIT: For what it's also worth, my dad who's a retired military surgeon likes to refer to him as "VD Vance," with "VD" being a medical term referring to venereal disease.

Last edited:
Every time you all post something about Trump and Vance, I can hear that Curc Your Enthusiasm theme music right after I read the post. Truly unreal stuff during this whole election process.

MAGA: It wasn't a cheap, illegal publicity stunt because those loyal patriot Gold Star fans invited him.
Trump:

Fortunately for Trump, the 8 families are MAGA supporters, so getting thrown under the bus for Dear Leader doesn't bother them.

Cult.
The family of the other dead soldier whose headstone was in the thumbs up video weren't.

Last edited:
The stable genius must have spent it all on curing world hunger or cancer research.

His family have raised a lot of money for cancer. He even gave some of it to the affected kids. So what if he siphoned off half a mil? It's clearly operational expenses. Hair transplants don't come cheap ya know.

Last edited:
Alabama tried something similar back in 2011 to "fix" the immigrant problem. Of course who did it really hurt, the Alabama farmer. Without a cheap and viable labor source crops rotted in the fields. I remember at the time the politicians responsible for the law said there would be plenty of American citizens to pick those crops, there weren't.

Even Rasmussen has Trump losing and trending downwards now.

Screenshot_20240903-132511.png

And they're so right biased that fivethirtyeight.com stopped using them as a source for their analysis.

Last edited:
Trump’s not gonna like that. He’s used Rasmussen a few times recently as “proof” he’s doing great in the polls.

This is something I don't really understand.

That single statement is enough to prevent any government or contractor employee from getting a secret-level clearance, much less higher.

View attachment 1385996

Can't be that hard to trace. The signs appear to be made of the same type of thick sheet aluminum as real signs, they can investigate what type of coating they've used for the printing, probably simple vinyl wrap but could be something more like what municipalities use, the rivets are a lot like real ones and are very large and require specific tools so it's gotta be somebody with access to those tools.

I wouldn't doubt it's some asshole who works for the city who has the knowledge to mount signs quick and easy, and the tools to do it properly. They're probably ordering from the same company who supplies their department and that company probably thinks it's hilarious to print these things after hours.

Find out whodunit, fire them, charge them, cancel the contract with that supplier.

Last edited:
Liz Chaney endorsing Kamala is a principled move from her, and unusual in the ranks of republicans. I had hoped Nikki Haley would have the same kind of conviction, but it's nice to see in Chaney for sure.
I want to go out on a limb and say that Liz is probably done in politics, at least as a Republican, for drawing the ire of Trump. There is no benefit for her to support Trump unless she wants to be a hypocrite. Haley is still trying to be an option for the party in 2028 and is acting extremely short-sighted.

Nikki Haley seems like a total you know what and I wouldn't vote for her if she was the single-party option.

I want to go out on a limb and say that Liz is probably done in politics, at least as a Republican, for drawing the ire of Trump. There is no benefit for her to support Trump unless she wants to be a hypocrite. Haley is still trying to be an option for the party in 2028 and is acting extremely short-sighted.

I understand that Haley is trying to salvage her career in whatever form she can manage. But I would hope that some of these people actually gave a rat's ass about the country and other people. Liz is showing a lot of character. She's one of the few on that side that has any.

Haley is still trying to be an option for the party in 2028 and is acting extremely short-sighted.
I understand that Haley is trying to salvage her career in whatever form she can manage. But I would hope that some of these people actually gave a rat's ass about the country and other people. Liz is showing a lot of character. She's one of the few on that side that has any.
If she truly wanted to be an option for 2028, I think she should've refrained from endorsing Donald Duck. if the GOP base loves Trump, I can't see them to see her as an alternative in any way. On the other hand, if I'd be a Republican voter supporting Haley in this year's primaries, I'd be turned off by her endorsing of Trump - but that's just me.

Back