2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,348 comments
I don't think the vice has to be seen to be inline with the president on every issue. Vance is seen to be more of an intellectual than Trump (surely not!) so has been inserted into the campaign to appeal to undecided voters who are turned off by the blunt MAGA rhetoric that Trump spouts.

He is a Peter Thiel stooge though.

Man has some realllly impressive bio. Poverty and abuse, Marin Corps and Iraq, Ohio State University and Yale, wrote bestseller that was later adopted to screen by Ron Howard, senator and possible Vice.

Man is American dream himself, no **** Trump chose him.
Yep, totally not an idiot at all...

...oh wait

Last edited:
Yep, totally not an idiot at all...
How many Americans know about Pakistan existence and its nuclear weaponry? Rags to Yale seems like a way of smart person, he shouldn't be morally right at same time.

I don't think the vice has to be seen to be inline with the president on every issue. Vance is seen to be more of an intellectual than Trump (surely not!) so has been inserted into the campaign to appeal to undecided voters who are turned off by the blunt MAGA rhetoric that Trump spouts.

The problem is he spouts Trump's nonsense as much as the former President does, so voters will get to see him in the same light. He's against Ukraine aid, more anti-abortion than Trump (in the sense Trump has tried to publicly soften his stance), against any gun reform, the only bills he's been involved with that actually made it to Biden's desk were to undo consumer & environmental regulations (which were vetoed), lies about Jan 6th as well (claimed defendants were imprisoned pre-trial when they weren't), & naturally, has spouted 2020 election lies going so far as to claim if he was VP back then, he basically would've tried to overturn it through Congress.

Last edited:
The problem is he spouts Trump's nonsense as much as the former President does, so voters will get to see him in the same light. He's against Ukraine aid, more anti-abortion than Trump (in the sense Trump has tried to publicly soften his stance), against any gun reform, the only bills he's been involved with that actually made it to Biden's desk were to undo consumer & environmental regulations (which were vetoed), lies about Jan 6th as well (claimed defendants were imprisoned pre-trial when they weren't), & naturally, has spouted 2020 election lies going so far as to claim if he was VP back then, he basically would've tried to overturn it through Congress.
Sure, but the way he says it all is much more nuanced. He wants to be seen as the thinking man's MAGA.

How many Americans know about Pakistan existence and its nuclear weaponry? Rags to Yale seems like a way of smart person, he shouldn't be morally right at same time.
If he thinks the UK is about to become a nuclear-armed Islamist state he's an idiot, as is anyone who agrees with him.

Oh and to prove it, he discounted Pakistan as a 'maybe' during his speech, it's also mentioned in the source I linked to (good to know that once again you're speaking on things you've not bothered checking on).

Last edited:

That reptilian creep makes Zuck look like the life of the party.

good to know that once again you're speaking on things you've not bothered checking on
I didn't state anything it that post and totally not reading all you guys post here, especially in links. Relax. Man knows about Pakistan existence and, even, respects his audience enough to mention it in his brave prognosis. Didn't expect this from far right Rep. Even less reasons to call him idiot 🤣

How many Americans know about Pakistan existence and its nuclear weaponry?
Considering bin Laden was killed in Pakistan and it was all over the news for months, I would wager most people know Pakistan exists.
(good to know that once again you're speaking on things you've not bothered checking on)
🌍👨‍🚀🔫👨‍🚀

Always has been.

"No wonder Trump chose him".

LOL, Trump didn't care for him to begin with. The man nearly lost his race in Ohio until they funneled millions of dollars into his campaign & they had to have Trump go out there to get him across the finish line.
“J.D. is kissing my ass he wants my support so bad,” Trump said.

Trump was reacting to a New York Times story that reported Vance had not actually invited Trump to campaign with him in the state. Instead, Trump’s team had simply told Vance that they would be coming to Ohio for a rally.

Trump’s campaign stops have always been, primarily, about Trump. You can tell that by the amount of time he spends talking about himself (a lot) versus how much time he spends talking about the candidate for whom he is ostensibly campaigning (very little).

But he has rarely thrown a candidate he endorsed so directly under the bus as he did Vance over the weekend. “He made J.D. Vance look like a mouse, not a man,” former Virginia Republican Rep. Barbara Comstock told CNN of the moment. “It was humiliating.”

The Vance pick is so hilarious to me. He shores up no deficiencies apart from age and I suppose he hasn't demonstrated the propensity to spew stream-of-consciousness inanities, but he's basically a lesser Trump lacking the same capacity to motivate the idiot base.
So given that Vance is not obviously increasing Trump's power or electability, there's one other motivation that Trump is well known for responding to.

It's money. Money is a very motivating reason to pick an otherwise extremely unusual VP. Trump is an old man. Vance is the sort of puppet that would be very attractive to a certain type of people, were he to happen to stumble his way into the presidency.

I'd call it a conspiracy theory, but it's barely even that. If money somehow wasn't involved in Trump's choice for VP I'd assume he'd been replaced with a doppelganger or something.

So given that Vance is not obviously increasing Trump's power or electability, there's one other motivation that Trump is well known for responding to.

It's money. Money is a very motivating reason to pick an otherwise extremely unusual VP. Trump is an old man. Vance is the sort of puppet that would be very attractive to a certain type of people, were he to happen to stumble his way into the presidency.

I'd call it a conspiracy theory, but it's barely even that. If money somehow wasn't involved in Trump's choice for VP I'd assume he'd been replaced with a doppelganger or something.
Money is definitely a strong consideration, but I also feel like Vance is being set up as a fall guy for something. As vengeful as Trump is, I can't imagine he's done a forgive-and-forget since Vance hated him. If the Republicans get caught sleeping with the Russkis again or trying to rig the election, they're going to pin it all on Vance as the guy and Trump is going to free and clear. If they win the election, then Vance was just a useful idiot who will be discarded.

Many Americans couldn't point to Pakistan on a map that was labeled.

Considering bin Laden was killed in Pakistan and it was all over the news for months, I would wager most people know Pakistan exists.
Many Americans couldn't point to Pakistan on a map that was labeled.
There are only two genders 😅
Always has been.
james-franco-first-time-meme.jpg

Money is definitely a strong consideration, but I also feel like Vance is being set up as a fall guy for something. As vengeful as Trump is, I can't imagine he's done a forgive-and-forget since Vance hated him. If the Republicans get caught sleeping with the Russkis again or trying to rig the election, they're going to pin it all on Vance as the guy and Trump is going to free and clear. If they win the election, then Vance was just a useful idiot who will be discarded.
I think it's definitely money, particularly from Thiel who loves & backed Vance. As you said, Vance hated him & Trump belittled him during Vance's own campaign, and there are picks in the Republican Party who make much better sense (Haley, Scott, even Hawley) than a guy who has nearly zero experience as an elected official & will be getting attack ads for his past comments against Trump & comments on abortion, domestic abuse in marriages, etc. (edit* additionally, he's also already being attacked by the far-right because of his wife which is awful for her). The more I've briefly dug into it, Vance trailed his election in Ohio near the entire time because he just was not liked or charismatic in anyway, hence why Thiel had to pump $10 million into his campaign ads. Vance won by 6%, which from a source I caught, was more concerning than praising; I guess he was expected to do far better in comparison to how Republicans turned out for Trump in his area. I don't fully know on that particular subject.

It's already rumored Jr. was the one who pushed Donald to JD & the theory is that Trump needs major donors which Thiel is perfect for.

Last edited:
There are only two genders 😅
Knowing it exists != knowing where it is. You said knowing if it exists.
Not sure where I'm wrong, but you're the one who consistently quadruples down on things you don't have the slightest clue about. There's little wonder that so many of us think you're a paid Russian social media troll.

Man knows about Pakistan existence and, even, respects his audience enough to mention it in his brave prognosis.
The problem isn't just that there's already an Islamist country with nuclear weapons, but that the notion that the UK will become one - and on the basis that a straight, white, beknighted atheist just took over from a straight, brown Hindu as Prime Minister.

It's dumb piled on dumb to make a big, collapsible hill of dip****.

You wasn't, sometimes people in internet posting nonsense and don't look at what was posted message ago. Like you do when calling Russians "Russkis"
You post nonsense all the time without reading anything. You do it constantly. You did it in this thread just a few posts ago. Not being able to point to something if it was labeled doesn't mean you don't know it exists. Grenada exists, but I couldn't point it out on a map other than being in the Caribbean. People know Pakistan exists; a bunch of our crap is made there, but they might not know where it is.

To be fair. Anyone who listens to a russians opinion of strong leaders and politics..kind of deserves what they get. Their track record over the centuries speaks for itself.
The reason I'm dumbfounded how my original home country seems to have completely forgotten what the Russkies did to our country over the last few hundred years, and especially after WWII and support Putin and his lapdog over the western alliances the country is part of...

Man has some realllly impressive bio. Poverty and abuse, Marin Corps and Iraq, Ohio State University and Yale, wrote bestseller that was later adopted to screen by Ron Howard, senator and possible Vice.

Man is American dream himself, no **** Trump chose him.
My wife tried to read his book. She said she put it down because it was an unreadable mess (before he was being discussed for VP).

Last edited:
Well, i don't think he is right in his analytics (we even don't know if he honest in it). But he doesn't looks like idiot to me.

What does it mean, than? If you can read, you will find it eventually, no?
You're assuming the average American has enough patience/interest to read through all of the locations on the map before giving up.

My wife tried to read his book. She said she put it down because it was an unreadable mess (before he was being discussed for VP).
It's funny you mention that. I was reading through this Politico article on him earlier, and it happened to state Vance got personally upset by the film's reviews, lol.
In November 2020, one week after the presidential election, Netflix released a film adaptation of Hillbilly Elegy, directed by Ron Howard and starring Gabriel Basso as Vance, Glenn Close as Mamaw and Amy Adams as Bev Vance. The movie was widely panned, with the New Yorker calling it “a libertarian’s fantasy.” Friends of Vance have said that the negative reaction to the film was the “last straw” of Vance’s estrangement from elite liberal society.

Back