2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,511 comments
Its not warcrime if good guys doing it or what?
You speak as if Ukraine is openly committing terrorism like the hospital bombers, as opposed to striking valid military targets and having unintentional civilian casualties take place due to your orcs pulling a Hamas and casually mingling amongst said civilians. Most likely on purpose as it makes for propaganda.
Why would I read 1000 pages of far right sweat fantasies? Its same league as "UK is next islamic state with nukes".
"I don't have time to read material important to the discussion, so I'm going to reduce the 1000 pages in question to a really basic level and declare victory in this argument."

If they are elected Project 2025 is the game plan they are going to follow.
While its plan of people from same political flank, there isn't any statements that Trump would follow it. And definitely, there isn't any way to make plan work, even if Trump want it.
When is the last time Putin had to worry about losing an election?
How its related to me?

You speak as if Ukraine is openly committing terrorism like the hospital bombers
Ukraine daily shelling Belgorod with unguided rocket fire of MRS Vampire, its warcrime to use it against city with civilians. Its act of terror.
striking valid military targets
Like kindergarten or ice rink? You can't hit anything precise with unguided missiles from 40km.
Heck is that?

Ukraine daily shelling Belgorod with unguided rocket fire of MRS Vampire, its warcrime to use it against city with civilians. Its act of terror.
Again, why do the orcs have a military presence in such a civilian concentration? I know the basic mobik will eat up any and all propaganda about the gay Nazi Jewish Islamist terrorists and their space lasers, but one would expect actual military commanders to have enough awareness to know Ukraine would pose zero threat to Belgorod - not with the Western pressure to keep things clean - if it wasn't being used as a base to attack it from.

Also I misread. It's an endorsement and recognizes that congressional action is required. Derp.
Why doesn't he just go above and beyond since the president is immune when he conducts official acts? Supreme Court can't rule it unconstitutional then.

Why would I read 1000 pages of far right sweat fantasies? Its same league as "UK is next islamic state with nukes".
Funny you should say that, because (despite attempts to claim otherwise) both Trump and Vance have not only strong ties to The Heritage nutter behind Project 2025, but have both voices support for policies proposed within it.

If you don't think it forms the basis for Trump and the GOP if they win, then quite frankly you've not been paying attention.

Funny you should say that, because (despite attempts to claim otherwise) both Trump and Vance have not only strong ties to The Heritage nutter behind Project 2025, but have both voices support for policies proposed within it.

If you don't think it forms the basis for Trump and the GOP if they win, then quite frankly you've not been paying attention.

And if that is indeed the case, they don't need to worry about Trump dying in office because Trump Jr. (unofficial) will be there to immediately be the puppet of Leonard Leo.

Why doesn't he just go above and beyond since the president is immune when he conducts official acts? Supreme Court can't rule it unconstitutional then.
I'm not sure its ever been done, but if those articles of impeachment become successful, would that imply some sort of mistrial procedure and undo anything that Thomas and Alito have ever voted on?

Big Brain Gary GIF by Global Esports

I'm not sure its ever been done, but if those articles of impeachment become successful, would that imply some sort of mistrial procedure and undo anything that Thomas and Alito have ever voted on?
I think the new SC could take up a vote to re-visit the item but I don't think it would nullify their rulings (just like they couldn't undo prohibition by striking the amendment, they had to introduce a new one).

why do the orcs have a military presence in such a civilian concentration
Any city in soviet block had dozens military bases inside. That doesn't mean you can shell city full of civilians with unguided missiles. It working for RF, Ukraine or former Yugoslavia.
both Trump and Vance have not only strong ties to The Heritage nutter behind Project 2025, but have both voices support for policies proposed within it.
Its same flank, doesn't prove anything.

Any city in soviet block had dozens military bases inside. That doesn't mean you can shell city full of civilians with unguided missiles. It working for RF, Ukraine or former Yugoslavia.
Point taken, the West needs to provide better and more accurate missiles.

One detail I should point out though is that here in the free world, reports have stated that it's more often than not your boys doing the bombing of that city in particular.

And while this point comes a bit late in comparison, when really thinking hard about it, historical placement of Soviet bases still doesn't excuse using that specific city as a base of operations for invaders right now if you want the locals to not be endangered. That's what all the barren countryside elsewhere along the border should be for, though let's not pretend your army actually cares, OK?

Last edited:
But he isn't Vice yet. It could be good for elections.
If surviving the attempt on his life hasn't changed Trump's polling numbers, electing J.D. Vance won't do a thing. In fact, he's already being attacked from within' Trump's own far-right voting base.
Trump seems confident, especially after assassination attempt. Biden is clearly driven by his family, on the other hand.
Who do you think formed a close relationship with Vance & encouraged his father to pick him?
1721162231177-jpeg.1373066

And definitely, there isn't any way to make plan work, even if Trump want it.
You think they wrote a 1,000 pages of fascist, religious nationalist fantasies & didn't include how they plan to make it work? Lol....

Point taken, the West needs to provide better and more accurate missiles.
Yeap and investigate usage of their weaponry.
historical placement of Soviet bases still doesn't excuse using that specific city as a base of operations for invaders right now if you want the locals to not be endangered
International law have 0 problems with HIMARS or ATACMS hitting army depot or base in enemy city. Even casualties when after this missile being down by AA is ok, in most cases. But, this ain't what happens most of the time in Belgorod.
One detail I should point out though is that here in the free world, reports have stated that it's more often than not your boys doing the bombing of that city in particular.
Its not topic we are talking about. RF is war criminal state, its obvious. It doesn't mean someone has right to shell city with unguided missiles.
You think they wrote a 1,000 pages of fascist, religious nationalist fantasies & didn't include how they plan to make it work? Lol....
There couldn't be any plan that would convert 300y + democracy into autocracy in 4 years without coup. Its impossible even for younger democracies and take waaay more.
I'm going to regret asking this, but can you explain
Example, maybe? Ultra left part of Democratic party wants and have plans to ultimately ban firearms, it doesn't mean Biden, as a part of Dems, would do it.
you do seem OK with being an apologist for fascism.
As we see in case of modern Italy, even actual fascist as Prime minister doesn't automatically convert country into autocracy. If you country choosing fascists as next leader, you should think about what you current government doing that makes citizens to vote this way, not convince them that fascists in rule would lead to immediate disaster and grandpa doesn't have dementia.

Last edited:
There couldn't be any plan that would convert 300y + democracy into autocracy in 4 years without coup. Its impossible even for younger democracies and take waaay more.
Unless you pack the courts with judges who will rule unjust policy in your favor.

I remind you there's such a huge controversy surrounding the Supreme Court. It is not bad enough that it overturned a 50-year ruling on Roe v Wade (when 2 of the judges who voted to overturn it initially said they would not touch it during their confirmations) in favor of state's rights per Conservative arguments, & it is not bad enough that Conservatives are wanting to walk that back, believing state's rights don't actually matter regarding abortion.

What is truly concerning is what conservative justice Clarence Thomas wrote after voting to overturn Roe v Wade: "the Roe decision should prompt the court to reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents. And he named the three landmark decisions that established those rights."
Those 3 decisions are:
A conservative Supreme Court justice believes that just because they overturned Roe v Wade (that benefits Conservatives), we should consider overturning other cases that just so happen to also benefit Conservative agendas. If Trump were to take the Presidency, there is a very real fear that he will get to make any decisions he wants and the Supreme Court will back any counter-suits to it. Remember, Thomas' wife also participated in trying to overturn the election for Trump which leads credibility to the fear. And this is before we even get to the Supreme Court ruling on Trump & immunity.

Would there a coup? Maybe, hopefully if it gets to such a point it's necessary. But, one can just briefly look back on Hitler's inauguration as Chancellor in 1933 to being given full power without Parliament 2 months later to abusing such power that he would be able to have a law passed in 1934 combining Chancellor & President just to keep a new President from being elected that could remove him. Not to say this would be Trump's route, but to highlight how quickly things can change given what history has taught us.

I used his quick rise to power as a reference point in how quickly a government can change
in Weimar Republic. Almost 100 years ago. Surprisingly , there isn't better and more suitable example in 100 years, yes?. Looks like perfect example of how Godwin law should be used.

Last edited:
From the wiki article you linked:

Godwin's_law Wikipedia
In an interview with Time Magazine, Godwin said that making comparisons to Hitler would actually be appropriate under the right circumstances

Godwin's_law Wikipedia
In August 2017, while commenting on the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, Godwin himself endorsed and encouraged social-media users to compare its "alt-right" participants to Nazis
If it looks like a duck nazi, swims sounds like a duck nazi, and smells like a duck nazi, then it probably is a duck nazi.

Last edited:
Coups were the 'go to' instruments for autocracy until the 1990's or something. After that, we do see more and more democracies glide into an autocracy. Venezuela, Cambodia, Georgia, Hungary, Nicaragua, Peru, Phillipines, Russia, Sri Lanka, Turkey are all examples where the chosen autocrats still hold a small layer of democracy while hollowing it out from inside. Yes, they have newspapers but more and more are under control of the regime and independent papers are being opposed. Yes, citizens can be vocal but will have to watch their back for any repercussions. Its even more dangerous than a coup: people will believe they live in a democracy.

These patterns have been described a lot (I'd recommend 'How Democracies Die' by Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt) and they warn that we should never react like this when such patterns occur in democracies like USA. They want you to think they can't overturn it in 4 years or they need a coup, so you lower your guard.

Democratic backsliding takes many forms and the Republican Party have been rigging the system in the USA in their favour over decades; slowly, surreptitiously, some things obviously, other things less so.

No, it doesn't "just" happen in four years. But the foundations and groundwork go back much longer.

If it looks like a duck nazi, swims sounds like a duck nazi, and smells like a duck nazi, then it probably is a duck nazi.
There are nazi(Rusich regiment fighting against Ukraine or RDK against RF) and Hitler, its kinda different things. And comparison with Hitler's Germany killing discussion.
Republican Party have been rigging the system in the USA in their favour over decades
Twitter files? Every political force in power would try to corrupt institutes to stay in power.
Venezuela, Cambodia, Georgia, Hungary, Nicaragua, Peru, Phillipines, Russia, Sri Lanka, Turkey are all examples where the chosen autocrats still hold a small layer of democracy while hollowing it out from inside. Yes, they have newspapers but more and more are under control of the regime and independent papers are being opposed. Yes, citizens can be vocal but will have to watch their back for any repercussions. Its even more dangerous than a coup: people will believe they live in a democracy.
And none of those had 300y+ democracy experience or was prosperous world leader. Half of them never was a stable democracies or even democracies at all(RF for example). Even in that conditions transformation taken more than 4 years.

I remind you there's such a huge controversy surrounding the Supreme Court. It is not bad enough that it overturned a 50-year ruling on Roe v Wade (when 2 of the judges who voted to overturn it initially said they would not touch it during their confirmations) in favor of state's rights per Conservative arguments, & it is not bad enough that Conservatives are wanting to walk that back, believing state's rights don't actually matter regarding abortion.

What is truly concerning is what conservative justice Clarence Thomas wrote after voting to overturn Roe v Wade: "the Roe decision should prompt the court to reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents. And he named the three landmark decisions that established those rights."
Those 3 decisions are:
A conservative Supreme Court justice believes that just because they overturned Roe v Wade (that benefits Conservatives), we should consider overturning other cases that just so happen to also benefit Conservative agendas.
Oh, the Republican theocracy has long made it blatantly clear that they only care about states' rights in their favor, never against them. That's a one-way street.

As a rough timeline…behind closed doors, in country clubs, i’ve been hearing fascist styled rhetoric coming out of republican mouths since about 2009.

Back