2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,352 comments
Just overheard my coworker say "don't call Vance weird. He's more normal than anyone!"

And also my supervisor said something like "Tim Walz, the guy who started those riots?"

I know that current polls are uplifting, but sometimes you need a reminder that not everyone is particularly well informed or... let's say "thoughtful".

At least my supervisor has already said she's not voting. She can't stand either party/candidate, and I guess it's not hard to see why.

Just overheard my coworker say "don't call Vance weird. He's more normal than anyone!"

And also my supervisor said something like "Tim Walz, the guy who started those riots?"

I know that current polls are uplifting, but sometimes you need a reminder that not everyone is particularly well informed or... let's say "thoughtful".

At least my supervisor has already said she's not voting. She can't stand either party/candidate, and I guess it's not hard to see why.
I constantly wonder how various people have achieved their levels of success while being complete morons. But maybe I'm an ass - I've tried to observe and hear explanations of what some of my friends do for work and frankly I can't figure out what they do half the time lol. I overheard some sort of IT call a few days ago and when my buddy was done I was like, "I'm pretty sure nothing was accomplished but that old guy sounds pissed."

Trump will claim this is fake tweet/audio/news.
donald trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edit* Lol, he's already trying to get ahead of it. He went on Fox and said he only said good things b/c Walz asked him to. Typical Trump.

Last edited:
Maybe show this to your Republican buddy; Trump liked the way Walz handled the protests.

Just sent it to multiple group chats with friends. Apparently Walz called the National Guard 2 days after Floyd's murder and they showed up on the third day.

It doesn't help that he looks older than he is (60). Kamala is only a year younger, and current Formula One driver, Sonny Hayes, is the same age as him!

I constantly wonder how various people have achieved their levels of success while being complete morons.
I don’t know about their level of success, but I just had a person tell me that Walz’s making Minnesota a trans haven state meant that he was legalizing kidnapping and forced sterilization.

I don’t know about their level of success, but I just had a person tell me that Walz’s making Minnesota a trans haven state meant that he was legalizing kidnapping and forced sterilization.
Maybe he's just a big fan of the Trans Am series.

Should have seen "creepy" and "weird" adjectives coming. They certainly fit. Warning, disturbing photo at the Xitter link below...

It doesn't help that he looks older than he is (60). Kamala is only a year younger
Not quite, Harris was born on October 20, 1964 while Walz was born on April 6, 1964. So 6.5 months give or take a few days. Yes, I do understand that technically Harris is still 59 while Walz is already 60 but 6 months difference for me isn't a year :)

I am finding myself wondering whether the VP candidates are just useful distractions for the primary candidates. Notice how we've spent little time focusing on Trump or Harris recently?

Wow, what a ********. I get kids annoy you when you're on the phone, and my kid is no exception, but a more appropriate response is, "hey dad's on the phone, I'll talk with you in a second."

Those kids were screwed up the moment they were born to those two idiots though.
Reminds me of that video on social media where a little kid says "Pikachu" responding to criticism from her mother and her mother just says "no Pikachu!".

Wow, what a ********. I get kids annoy you when you're on the phone, and my kid is no exception, but a more appropriate response is, "hey dad's on the phone, I'll talk with you in a second."

Those kids were screwed up the moment they were born to those two idiots though.
I think the weirder aspect of this is, like Noem's dog story...why do you even relate this? It's not secretly taped audio...he's volunteering this anecdote unprompted. Maybe Vance is an asshole. Vance is probably an asshole. But what value is there in gloating about being an asshole? These are the kinds of things that destroy kids sense of self worth.

I think the weirder aspect of this is, like Noem's dog story...why do you even relate this? It's not secretly taped audio...he's volunteering this anecdote unprompted. Maybe Vance is an asshole. Vance is probably an asshole. But what value is there in gloating about being an asshole? These are the kinds of things that destroy kids sense of self worth.
Gotta secure the authoritarian parent vote somehow, since Kamala being a "cat lady" isn't apparently enough.

It will appeal to fellow assholes is all I can think.

I mean I too hate children but I don't think I would volunteer that information in my next job interview response to "How did you hear about us?"

Latest Posts

Back