2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,517 comments
I look forward to tonight's debate firmly sealing both sides' preconceived idea that their side won.

Wait, no, I don't.

I thought farces were supposed to be funny?
Barring a repeat of the June debate, there won't be any winners. If there is a repeat of the June debate, America itself lost.

I'm not going to care about a debate until a third-party candidate is there. All it's going to be is an unhinged idiot saying unhinged idiot things, and Kamala just going through Democrat talking points. As of right now, I'm just going to vote for Harris because she isn't Trump. I'm still not sold she's the right person for the job, but she's a helluva lot better than Trump. I don't mind Walz though and probably will watch the VP debate since that's just going to be pure comedy.

When it comes to understanding American rules, Republicans read the first two amendments and then say "TL;DR"
Almost. You forgot that they also know about the fifth' self-incrimination part.

Except they skip over half of the First's provision respecting religious freedom and the provision respecting press freedom.
Plus they misunderstand what the freedom of speech refers to.

I told myself I wasn't going to watch and I'm not really. So I'm fixing dinner and periodically flipping over from music to the debate only to every single time land on the bitch demonstrating that its brain is completely cooked.

Does anyone, even the most intractable believer in a woman's requirement to cede her bodily autonomy, actually believe that there's states where abortion after birth is legal?

Utter loony bin whackjob.
I'm pretty sure abortion after birth is called murder in every state but I may be wrong... I only heard anything like that in Tom Clancy's The Bear and the Dragon happening in China. I have no idea though whether that particular plot line had any basis in reality.

It's Joever.

Her X account has just been suspended. Not that she probably cares much since more people use Instagram and TikTok.

Screenshot_20240911-042547.png

I'm pretty sure abortion after birth is called murder in every state but I may be wrong... I only heard anything like that in Tom Clancy's The Bear and the Dragon happening in China. I have no idea though whether that particular plot line had any basis in reality.
It was definitely a reality that he needed an editor for that book.

Wasn't able to watch any of it. I'm sure Jon Stewart will cover it next Monday but what deranged ramblings did Trump go on about that I missed?

I've got time.

Wasn't able to watch any of it. I'm sure Jon Stewart will cover it next Monday but what deranged ramblings did Trump go on about that I missed?

I've got time.
Something about illegal immigrants eating pets in jail while getting a free transgender surgery sponsored by democrats.

I've got time.
It's up already from what I can see :)

Language warning

Basically, "hide yo kids dogs, hide yo wives cats, cause they eatin' every pet out there".

Last edited by a moderator:
It's up already from what I can see :)

Basically, "hide yo kids dogs, hide yo wives cats, cause they eatin' every pet out there".

I think the ending bit really nails such a key point Trump supporters fail to see.

"He is your champion, they have to go through him to get to you except he will always be the first to abandon you when the boat is going down w/ 'I had nothing to do with it', even though everyone knows he's the ******* captain of the ship".

Last edited:
I think the ending bit really nails such a key point Trump supporters fail to see.

"He is your champion, they have to go through him to get to you except he will always be the first to abandon you when the boat is going down w/ 'I had nothing to do with it', even though everyone knows he's the ******* captain of the ship".
I remember being a 14-year old in high school, learning about World War II, and wondering how a seemingly normal populace can be manipulated to support, vote, and ultimately, legitimize an authoritarian regime. I think I'm understanding it all now.

Back