2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,536 comments
Irony is surviving the campaign season

1726275674286.png

So if they lose the election does Vance continue his stint as Ohio senator?
I'm not sure, I think it depends on the state? I thought when folks run for President, they have to give up their current offices, but DeSantis was allowed to remain Governor.

I'm not sure, I think it depends on the state? I thought when folks run for President, they have to give up their current offices, but DeSantis was allowed to remain Governor.
DeSantis never really ran for President. DeSantis ran in the Republican presidential primary.

There's no rule that requires one holding any office, state or federal, to leave office in order to run on a presidential general election ticket. Dukakis was Massachusetts' governor through the 1988 cycle until 1991 after not running for re-election in 1990.

I'd assume that Vance would not survive re-election given how badly he has torched his reputation in this election.

So just playing with the electoral college right now. If you give Harris all of the states where she has more than a 2 point lead, she just needs PA to win. Can lose everything else. But if you take away PA, she needs one of NC or GA + one of AZ or NV. Or NC+GA. Depending on which poll you look at, she leads all of PA, NC, GA, and NV.

I hate the electoral college, I hate polls, and I hate models. Especially because I do not feel like how Romney did in a debate after everyone already knew him bears much weight on how Harris did trouncing Trump when nobody knew her well.

Nobody knows anything of course. But it definitely feels like PA, NC, and GA are where it's all happening at the moment.

Edit: How do I know the polls and models are crap? The same source I used for all of that says Harris wins the popular vote 60% of the time. No. There is no chance Trump wins the popular vote in this contest.

Edit 2: Ok, I shouldn't say no chance. But no chance based on anything included in these models.

Last edited:
DeSantis never really ran for President. DeSantis ran in the Republican presidential primary.

There's no rule that requires one holding any office, state or federal, to leave office in order to run on a presidential general election ticket. Dukakis was Massachusetts' governor through the 1988 cycle until 1991 after not running for re-election in 1990.
It actually briefly crossed my mind to tag you to clarify it, but I should've Googled it instead. :lol:

Anyone watching Trump's rally?

Unhinged.
In California? Where he made some comment about withholding aid to California & deporting the Haitians to Venezula? Or being told Loomer is making racist remarks, why's he hanging with her and he just goes, "I have to see the remarks"?

The Arizona rally was a bad Eighties movie. Holy smokes and gee whiz…

Trump: “You know?… I don’t know, but you know?… the numbers show, but they don’t show because they don’t show the numbers. They take away the numbers. Comrade Kamala… who is Kamala? Does anybody know Kamala? The FBI… I don’t read… I could read, but I don’t read. I could take, but they corrected me when I was right. Nobody knows more about that than I do. Ask anyone. This is stupid, but I’d do it better. Nobody does it better than me. Crime is bad and I will cut taxes. Immigrants are killing people, many people, but I can do weight lifting impressions. Watch me do this. Swimmers… yeah… swimmers… I will put America first!”.

I can’t use “unbelievable” because it is believable. No matter how wrong in the head anyone is for standing with Trump, there has to be something in the brain that has to go in self defence mode. Something to snap people out of the trance of the sinking ship that is that guy. It’s incredible.

I'd assume that Vance would not survive re-election given how badly he has torched his reputation in this election.

As slim as that Senate victory was? Yeah, that bitch is getting a Newsmax primetime slot.
Sherrod Brown is a regular in Ohio, I expect him to win, and there's no reason Dems couldn't show up to get rid of Vance if they had the motivation. Now that we truly know who he is, we've got all the motivation in the world.

Absolutely not. But what worries me more is the states where he's put his cronies in critical positions that can interfere or flat out not certify the vote.
Alabama should just refuse to submit its votes regardless of winner to protest Harris. Someone should tell Tubby that it could work!

His rallies are undeniably starting to get smaller & he's likely doing more of these "conferences" as a result. Additionally, there's rumblings that some in the GOP are already preparing for a post-Trump Republican Party if he loses, indicating those people will not support any "stolen election" nonsense again.

With a major figure like McConnell finally leaving & a Trump loss, Republicans could have the possibility of adopting a new strategy & candidates that step away from the cult personification.

Last edited:
DK
Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

It's Plato's "noble lie" but I can't be certain Plato envisioned a race libel provoking targeted violence at disfavored individuals and groups and broad actions which cause collateral damage as being noble.

Edit:

COLOR]

Last edited:
It's Plato's "noble lie" but I can't be certain Plato envisioned a race libel provoking targeted violence at disfavored individuals and groups and broad actions which cause collateral damage as being noble.

Edit:

COLOR]
Then again, Vance is trying his hardest to pander to MAGA but also accidentally attempts to be a normal human being. The two working in tandem causes chaos internally and externally. Trump doesn't try to attempt to be a human being so he has no issue with internal chaos.

You think this guy is gonna accept losing if the votes go against him?
We now know that Presidential immunity is functionally absolute thanks to him, and in that instance he would neither be the outgoing President nor the incoming one. The problem would be hopefully taken care of if he wanted to try Jan 6th II.

Last edited:
Back