2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,590 comments
Oh so it's bad bad.

Screenshot-20240919-150348-Samsung-Internet.jpg

oh-no-maya-rudolph.gif

Last edited:
I've been starting to question the existence of Springfield, Ohio, and even the state of Ohio. Is there even a J.D. Vance?

Wait... what if "Haitia" isn't even a real place?
Haitia isn't real. We all know Haitians come from Venezuela

Haiti gained its independence when slaves revolted and then they abolished slavery; no wonder racists hate the place.

Haiti gained its independence when slaves revolted and then they abolished slavery; no wonder racists hate the place.
And Charles Leclerc died trying to reinstate it there. We've kept it on topic!

All he had to do was stop after he said he hadn't treated us right. Once he continued, he negated his first statement.

An incredible statement in which he says American Jews only have themselves to blame for the danger they find themselves in. I don't know the political demographics of Jewish Americans but surely even if you are conservative, ultra-orthodox and Jewish, you have to be put off voting Republican?

An incredible statement in which he says American Jews only have themselves to blame for the danger they find themselves in. I don't know the political demographics of Jewish Americans but surely even if you are conservative, ultra-orthodox and Jewish, you have to be put off voting Republican?
Would have thought the same for women before Trumps first entrance to the office.
And now the list only grows by the day, yet despite my hope of him not recieving a significant amount of votes I sincerely believe in the power of stupid and greed still making it a close call.

If I don't win this election — and Jewish people would have a lot to do with that, 60% are voting for the enemy — Israel will cease to exist in two years
Guy who attracts white nationalists/nazi supporters is surprised Jewish voters don't want to vote for him....

You'd be surprised. The support of Israel is a huge plus for conservative and orthodox Jews voting Republican. They're also not that different in social beliefs than Christians either so the whole anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti trans ideals of the Republicans suit them. Many orthodox also probably look at Vance's idea of being "barefoot and pregnant" and think "that's the way it should be." The orthodox near my inlaws are some of the most misogynistic people I've ever seen. Their wife isn't even allowed to walk next to them, they have to walk behind them.

Even if all of that turns you off from Republicans, many conservative and orthodox Jews either have good jobs or own businesses. They conform to the same ideas that anyone else would and they often vote Republican because they think taxes will be lower.

Granted, this isn't a blanket statement since there are plenty of conservative and orthodox Jews that want nothing to do with Trump. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are like that. They hate Trump but they are still very much Republican.

You'd be surprised. The support of Israel is a huge plus for conservative and orthodox Jews voting Republican. They're also not that different in social beliefs than Christians either so the whole anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti trans ideals of the Republicans suit them. Many orthodox also probably look at Vance's idea of being "barefoot and pregnant" and think "that's the way it should be." The orthodox near my inlaws are some of the most misogynistic people I've ever seen. Their wife isn't even allowed to walk next to them, they have to walk behind them.

Even if all of that turns you off from Republicans, many conservative and orthodox Jews either have good jobs or own businesses. They conform to the same ideas that anyone else would and they often vote Republican because they think taxes will be lower.

Granted, this isn't a blanket statement since there are plenty of conservative and orthodox Jews that want nothing to do with Trump. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are like that. They hate Trump but they are still very much Republican.
I tilt closer to center than my parents and I find Trump reprehensible. I cannot bring myself to vote for him because of his ilk.

Back