2024 World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 1,117 comments
Live now and 25 cars have a stop and hold penalty for various reasons

Last edited:
So, the #7 Toyota is stripped of all laptimes in qualifying and out of Hyperpole session.
Does it mean they will be starting from 61st on the grid on Saturday?

So, the #7 Toyota is stripped of all laptimes in qualifying and out of Hyperpole session.
Does it mean they will be starting from 61st on the grid on Saturday?
No. 23th, last of the HyperCard.

That would be cool if they can make the comeback to the podium territory during the 24 hours of racing.
They have the pace, the consistency and reliability is the other matter...

They are at the back of the Hypercar-group and in front of LMP2 and GTs so everything is possible. Often better to be at the back than the midfield 6-20 cars as long as LMP2 behaves. Nothing to win in the first sectors.

75% chance of rain.

I can see Porsche, Cadilac, BMW, Ferrari and Toyota all with excellent of taking the win overall. Have I missed anyone?

75% chance of rain.

I can see Porsche, Cadilac, BMW, Ferrari and Toyota all with excellent of taking the win overall. Have I missed anyone?
Those are most probable indeed. Alpine look decent but not quite fast enough. Lamborghini and Peugeot are not fast enough.

What an awesome reboot the hypercars are showing to be.

I forgot Peugeot. They lost a 90 second lead last year when the safety car came out. They will be strong if it rains.

75% chance of rain.

Light rain only from what the radar shows.

I can see the same cars for the win. I don't know about Peugeot, their rhythm was close to their best laps. They changed wheels, so they don't have the same advantage on a wet track than last year.

Hyperpole about to start.
Hopefully the barrier repairs don't take too long - an LMP2 crashed heavily at Indianapolis in the support race, and destroyed the barrier... luckily the driver was unharmed, but the car was totalled.

What an amazing hyperpole

Setting up to be a legendary race

I'm going to have a stockpile of snacks for Saturday. This is going to be epic. Porsche, Cadillac, Toyota, Ferrari all have the speed to win. Can't wait.

Edit: LMP2 draft gave Estre pole

Last edited:
Great hyperpole session - Dries Vanthoor will not be popular, but his brother will be very happy!

I reckon my Grello model I got signed by Kevin Estre at the N24 two weeks ago just doubled in value! :P

F31D2942-FAE9-4105-8D52-DE27C5E431E1.jpeg

Great showing from the Cadillacs too...

I am seriously thinking of quitting my job and applying to be a Ferrari strategist. Lord knows they need one.

Last edited:
That was a blindingly good Hyperpole. Shame the 15 went into the gravel though. Porsche and Cadillac surprised me with their pace, but as usual, Ferrari blew their shot at pole with terrible strategy...again. Its like the F1 strategists moved to the LMH team!

Last edited:
The cadillacs surprised me positively, Estre was just insane in the last few corners.

Rooting for the Peugeots and the iron dames in the big one though :D

I'll see roughly 2/3 of it live but I have to leave very early Sunday morning on a trip so I'll catch it on Max when I get back.

I'll see roughly 2/3 of it live but I have to leave very early Sunday morning on a trip so I'll catch it on Max when I get back.
Considering I'm going to sleep through at least eight hours of it, I'll end up seeing ⅔ of it live as well.

Back