2024 World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 1,095 comments
I see it as a good and bad thing. Sucks for Isotta because this was their debut year and even though they didnt have much success in the standings who knows how year 2 could have looked for them. But each hypercar that bows out or limits their numbers makes room for another. Now I wonder if Vanwall will make that comeback and if WEC will even consider it and maybe Acura will contemplate on joining.
I don't know if any other privateer would want to commit with the two car requirement still in place. But I do agree that it's more likely another manufacturer or two might want to come in. Acura as you mentioned or even McLaren.

I don't know if any other privateer would want to commit with the two car requirement still in place. But I do agree that it's more likely another manufacturer or two might want to come in. Acura as you mentioned or even McLaren.
There won't be any more privateers with their own chassis showing up. It's just not worth it without substantial financial backing.

Ferrari said that the AF Corse car will continue in 2025.

Proton race a single 963, but Jota is going to leave two Porsche that one could be for Proton, becoming a two car team, there would be a 963 left that I don't know who it could be for, an LMP2 team?

With that the grill would be complete.

Another possibility could be that the FIA instead of 22 hypercars and 18 GT3s would like to have 20 and 20.

Which would make room for a new manufacturer among the GT3s. Which could be Mercedes.

From what I read, the Jota 963s belong to private collectors so there's a chance that those won't find their way to the WEC grid. On the other hand, Porsche did say that they can supply some more cars for the willing and able.

I'm honestly tired of seeing so many Porsche hypercars. Why can't it just be the two Team Penske ones and even Ferrari just run the two red AF Corse ones and call it good. I think it wouldn't be as bad if the hypercar grid size was opened to about 30 cars then it gives others a chance to get 2-3 cars in too. But when almost half the grid is all Porsche and Ferrari out of 9 manufacturers, numbers work in their winning favors better.

Last edited:
I'm honestly tired of seeing so many Porsche hypercars. Why can't it just be the two Team Penske ones and even Ferrari just run the two red AF Corse ones and call it good. I think it wouldn't be as bad if the hypercar grid size was opened to about 30 cars then it gives others a chance to get 2-3 cars in too. But when almost half the grid is all Porsche and Ferrari out of 9 manufacturers, numbers work in their winning favors better.
It doesn't help that outside of Toyota, Ferrari and Porsche are the only ones capable of winning races right now. Toyota has said no to customer cars (I think).

This time next year maybe will be a better indicator as to who could possibly offer up more customer cars. BMW will have had a full year and a half with WRT. Lamborghini and Alpine will have endured the brand new car teething problems. Cadillac now with Jota, was it a team problem or is the car the problem? Would GM be open to supplying customers?

But when almost half the grid is all Porsche and Ferrari out of 9 manufacturers, numbers work in their winning favors better.
When you're the only manufacturer offering a comprehensible customer program, it tends to happen. I mean:
F3Q9rlxaYAEQwFd.png

Would GM be open to supplying customers?
No

This time next year maybe will be a better indicator as to who could possibly offer up more customer cars. BMW will have had a full year and a half with WRT.
Add another 3 years to that with RLL. I like the look of the BMW and it's my second favorite after Porsche but they don't seem to get the hang of it. In IMSA they got their only win handed to them last year at the Glen, and yes, they did produce a few podiums last year, too but nothing this year, in WEC it's worse, they don't even play second fiddle (I hope that I used this correctly). I don't think that setting up a customer program would have any merit for them, plus there's not really place for customer cars anyway.

In general, as much as I like the fact that we have so many LMH and LMDh manufacturer involvement and I like the extended lifetime of this ruleset, some OEMs are bound to throw in the towel latest in 2026 - my picks would be BMW and Peugeot right now. When that happens and we maybe never see the mystical, magical McLaren for example, especially WEC will want to have privateers cars enter.

I remember how much excitement was about potential many customer cars a few years earlier but I just don't see anything beyond 963s and maybe max 2-3 499Ps later across both series'.

Last edited:
Ferrari said that the AF Corse car will continue in 2025.

Proton race a single 963, but Jota is going to leave two Porsche that one could be for Proton, becoming a two car team, there would be a 963 left that I don't know who it could be for, an LMP2 team?

With that the grill would be complete.

Another possibility could be that the FIA instead of 22 hypercars and 18 GT3s would like to have 20 and 20.

Which would make room for a new manufacturer among the GT3s. Which could be Mercedes.
A shame Mercedes aren’t on the grid.

The Vanwall Vandervell 680 EVO is ready to hit the track :

View attachment 1383391

View attachment 1383392

"Entering two cars is not a problem for us and I can even say that it is an advantage."
Link FR
I hope Vanwall can make a comeback and basically hop into Isotta Fraschinis spot. They were serious underdogs and failed in their debut year but I like underdogs give them another chance. They have a new look and new engine, hopefully they can right their wrongs.

I just hope Cadillac can fend off Toyota and Porsches onslaught and even buffer the challenge from Alpine because it's coming. They always do well in qualifying but lose out to those top guys by the races end. Ferrari is the team to beat but they are tough and there's 3 of them to fight through.

Last edited:
Hot and humid with a chance of rain after 4pm, its going to be a long day for a 2 driver Cadillac team. Not having Bourdais here to be a 3rd driver is a odd decision. I expect a Ferrari runaway until it rains and then who knows.

Hot and humid with a chance of rain after 4pm, its going to be a long day for a 2 driver Cadillac team. Not having Bourdais here to be a 3rd driver is a odd decision. I expect a Ferrari runaway until it rains and then who knows.
Sadly you're probably right. I see team Cadillac struggling with tire change decisions and pit strategies which will land them at the bottom of the top 10. IF...they can get it right though they could snag a podium, Ferrari isn't invincible just tough and competitive.

Last edited:
The 5 is putting in quali laps. I’m at the inside of T2 and it is easily the deepest going into the esses.

Last edited:
I saw that Malcolm somehow managed to steal the starters flag! Reese is probably half way to Mexico by now, Dewey is probably running a bookmaking racket behind the main stadium, and Hal is probably asleep in the stands somewhere while a reverse 'WEC' symbol slowly appears on his forehead as the rest of his face burns under his WEC fan visor. Lois is going to be mad when this is all done.

Disaster for the #51 :ouch:

It's kind of like my ex-gf - beautiful, but fragile and way too sensitive... even so much as look at it the wrong way and it's game over. Fortunately there's an identical twin as a back-up though.

-

Gah, what the hell was that for #50?!

Although the lead car just pitted, Ferrari have gone from 1-2-3 to 1-3-nowhere in 5 minutes!

Last edited:
Back