Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,115 comments
Apparently the PS5 disc drive has been selling out at various retailers, and went up to #8 best sellers on Amazon's "Gaming" section.

No matter how much those of us in the online space may complain about prices, evidently people are still preparing to upgrade to the PS5 Pro regardless.

Same thing happened with the PlayStation Portal, remember? Everyone online calling it extremely overpriced (it was, and still is, $200) and hating it for not being a new PS Vita, and then it went on to outperform even Sony's expectations.

Apparently the PS5 disc drive has been selling out at various retailers, and went up to #8 best sellers on Amazon's "Gaming" section.

No matter how much those of us in the online space may complain about prices, evidently people are still preparing to upgrade to the PS5 Pro regardless.

Same thing happened with the PlayStation Portal, remember? Everyone online calling it extremely overpriced (it was, and still is, $200) and hating it for not being a new PS Vita, and then it went on to outperform even Sony's expectations.
Sounds to me like people are preparing to do some good ol' fashioned scalping of the disc drives.

Sounds to me like people are preparing to do some good ol' fashioned scalping of the disc drives.
I think it's a bit early for it to be that. Sony would be able to restock quite a bit between now and the PS5 Pro's launch. The last thing scalpers would want is to generate news of the disc drive going out of stock this early on, because it gives Sony more time to react in the supply chain.

It would make more sense for scalpers to take all of the stock closer to launch, or even just to scalp the PS5 Pro itself since gatekeeping disc drives doesn't render the console completely useless in this age where most buy games digitally.

That's why I think the majority of these sales are regular consumers.

Last edited:
I've already got the stand on my PS5. I'll just fit it to the Pro when I get one. I don't care about the drive. I'll still have the PS5 for that. All I need is news about how PD are using the Pro to improve the game, and I don't mean ray tracing.

I think it's a bit early for it to be that. Sony would be able to restock quite a bit between now and the PS5 Pro's launch. The last thing scalpers would want is to generate news of the disc drive going out of stock this early on, because it gives Sony more time to react in the supply chain.

It would make more sense for scalpers to take all of the stock closer to launch, or even just to scalp the PS5 Pro itself since gatekeeping disc drives doesn't render the console completely useless in this age where most buy games digitally.

That's why I think the majority of these sales are regular consumers.

Might be early, but give any sign it can be scalped and people will try it.

Since we’re kind of talking about ray tracing.. When I set the graphics priority to ray tracing, I get this weird fuzzy paint effect on some cars in gt auto and the garage, if the priority is frame rate, the car paint looks normal.. Has any one seen this before?
IMG_5515.jpeg

VS
IMG_5516.jpeg

Last edited:
Since we’re kind of talking about ray tracing.. When I set the graphics priority to ray tracing, I get this weird fuzzy paint effect on some cars in gt auto and the garage, if the priority is frame rate, the car paint looks normal.. Has any one seen this before? View attachment 1388863
VS
View attachment 1388865
yes thats normal, rt is quite low resolution thats why its noisy

Since we’re kind of talking about ray tracing.. When I set the graphics priority to ray tracing, I get this weird fuzzy paint effect on some cars in gt auto and the garage, if the priority is frame rate, the car paint looks normal.. Has any one seen this before? View attachment 1388863
VS
View attachment 1388865
I've noticed as well. I'll be upgrading to the PS5 Pro after the holidays when I get work bonuses etc. I'll see what the internet says about it in the meantime

Last edited:
That’s fine. It’s not like when on my deathbed I’ll be saying out loud to my family whilst I pull out my IV and rip my gurney from my chest, “Dagnnabit! Wish I never spent all that money on a PS5 Pro and tv and stand and PSVR2 and then bought the PS6 after two years!!!! Damn you Sony! cough Argh!”.

That’s fine. It’s not like when on my deathbed I’ll be saying out loud to my family whilst I pull out my IV and rip my gurney from my chest, “Dagnnabit! Wish I never spent all that money on a PS5 Pro and tv and stand and PSVR2 and then bought the PS6 after two years!!!! Damn you Sony! cough Argh!”.
I am still without a PS5, think I'll wait for the regular PS5s come down in price, I do not need that extra fancy stuff...

I am still without a PS5, think I'll wait for the regular PS5s come down in price, I do not need that extra fancy stuff...
For sure. It’s like buying a car. You don’t really need the 2025 top of the line EX when the 2024 base model DX can do the job.

I hope that I does come down in price, but I don't think it actually will.

We can't rely on the data of the past with the PS4/Pro (how the PS4 dropped in price and the Pro retailed for what the original system sold for) because it's all different now.

And with PlayStation's chief competition in the market place, Xbox* seemingly fumbling the ball and not giving their player base a reason to buy their system - Sony have little incentive to reduce their prices.

*Xbox rank behind Nintendo when it comes to systems sold, but in this context, Nintendo are seen to dance to their own tune and are not the same race.

When did the Watkins Glen Long Course replay style change so drastically? TV cameras are closer and much better now, no more annoying long shot aerial views in turn 8 (Heel) and so on. Even the old saved replays have been updated.
Nothing new as for the Short Course though.
Yeah, I've noticed. No more long distance views.

One of many things PD don't tell us about.

Seems like Sony AI is developing another AI model based on GT7 (not Sophy) though they don't confirm if it'll ever be made public or not

https://traxion.gg/how-sony-ai-crea...cing-agent-that-can-see-using-gran-turismo-7/
The vision-based one was the original, pre-Sony AI project revealed in 2020 and then came under the new company's umbrella:

The Sophy project was sparked off that original one.

Back