24 Heures du Mans 2011 - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance - June 11-12

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ardius
  • 2,362 comments
  • 135,397 views
Apparently Waltrip's AF Corse is out due to a broken driveshaft.
 
Yeah pretty much, another over aggressive move resulting in a crash....wouldn't expect this from Mags.
 
Looks like he clipped the dirt coming out of the corner, can't really tell though.
 
So Magnussen lost it, overcorrected and slammed into the Porsche.

Yeah, looked like the Porsche was just an innocent bystander to the vette losing control.

Ugh such a shame too.
 
Yeah pretty much, another over aggressive move resulting in a crash....wouldn't expect this from Mags.

He got loose, overcorrected and unfortunately, the Porsche was there.
 
#9 going in for a full service.

Pagenaud for Bourdais.
 
Looks like it got together with the Porsche. 77?

It looked weird. He had enough room but the 74 shot right into the side of the Porsche in the middle o the turn.
Just saw a replay. Saw some dust kick up before the Corvette started to lose it. That Porsche looked it was going slow, though.

Edit: Sounds as though the Porsche forced the Corvette into the curbing?
 
The 73 still has a shot. Going to be an interesting last 7+ hours.
 
If neither Audi nor Corvette win, I'll be disappointed.
 
Magnussen was off line and that put him off... he went a bit to the grass by the looks of it...
 
Looks like smoke to me like he came upon the Beetle in the corner and tried to avoid contact?
 
Poor bloke never saw that one coming and was just along for the ride.
 
#73 is still going. Go #73!
 
The pit stop for the Peugeot N9 was extended because of the change of the radio

Tweet from Peugeotsport :).

Lotterer in 2nd Place!!! :D This could be decisive!
 
Pug #9 may have radio issues or they could have an electrical issue from SPEED...... Confirmed Radio issues thanks guys.
 
Off to bed, but will be back in six hours.
 
Off to teach a class. Back in 2 hours.
 
If neither Audi nor Corvette win, I'll be disappointed.

I thought I was the only human in the world right now that cared about the those two alone. I feel the exact same way. I've watched it this far and I'm hoping that I don't see mainly corvette lose again.
 
did i miss car 9 pitting?
car 2 got ahead under safety car...
 
#2 Pitting. --- Randy
 
Those Diesels really don't like low speeds or idling...
 
I'd say its the low temps making the exhaust visible...
 
Apparently, I gave you guys a wrong information and for that I'm sorry. Apparently, the driver who is OK is is the one from #63 Porsche, I think there was a mix up in a news tweet, and now another one came saying a Porsche driver, presumably the one that was crashed by Magnussen, is going to the hospital in a stretcher.

Exactly, Magnussen is ok. Porsche driver, I think Wolf Henzzler, going to the medical center.

GO GREEN!
 
Back