GT Sport's "Homologation Specials" Shown Off in New Direct Capture Video

No, just no, sorry. GT3 Cars are already homologated based on their road going counterpart, they already share their chassis with their respective road going models, it's not like they're prototypes in disguise (like late '90s GT1s were) and need for homologation special road cars to get inside the rules.
Even if we ignore that and we force ourselves to pretend those fantasy "FIA approved" Gr.3 cars are based off the chassis of these "homologation specials", they still would never be approved for homologation IRL by FIA, because only massed produced car's chassis are allowed to be the base for GT3 cars (in the effort to eliminate guess what?? Homologation specials! :lol:)
Screenshot_20171008-055855.png

Guys, let's just face reality and realize it's just another cheap way PoDi's found to fill up the cars list

Even if this is an hyperbolic ironic video, we all know it's gone more or less like this when they decided to make those ""homologation specials"".
The dislikes from diehard fans on that video (edit: still growing now :lol::lol::dunce:) show that my little parody has a point :D

Last edited:
No, just no, sorry. GT3 Cars are already homologated based on their road going counterpart, they already share their chassis with their respective road going models, it's not like they're prototypes in disguise (like late '90s GT1s were) and need for homologation special road cars to get inside the rules.
Even if we ignore that and we force ourselves to pretend those fantasy "FIA approved" Gr.3 cars are based off the chassis of these "homologation specials", they still would never be approved for homologation IRL by FIA, because only massed produced car's chassis are allowed to be the base for GT3 cars (in the effort to eliminate guess what?? Homologation specials! :lol:)

Guys, let's just face reality and realize it's just another cheap way PoDi's found to fill up the cars list

Even if this is an hyperbolic ironic video, we all know it's gone more or less like this when they decided to make those ""homologation specials"".
The dislikes from diehard fans on that video show that my little parody has a point :D

And I'm like "cool, more fantasy cars, gimme."

You make a fair point about how nonsensical these cars would in real life, but I think GT Sport's fake homologation specials (Which I'd say are more comparable to Group B or GT1 homologation specials than for GT3) are more for the cool factor than necessarily conforming to reality.

I just hope we get more homologation specials than the eight announced. I want to see an NSX Group 3 road car (If only as a shout out to the NSX-R Prototype LM) and one for the Beetle (because that would be funny).

Also, I didn't know there was gonna be a road version of the Citroen GT Group 3.

Last edited:
Only 69 real cars in the game. That's about 40%. What happened to Gran Turismo wanting to be an encyclopedia of automotive history?

I can understand that they are inventing cars for a certain car class where no real life models exist for a certain brand (Gr.3, Gr.4). But these road cars are just ridiculous. And yes, that's just bolstering car count so the N-classes have more cars available. After this much development time it's astonishing to see they have to resort to this instead of modelling enough real-life cars. These are just models where they already have the body and interior of, so they have practically no work producing these. What else is this than a shortcut?

I like it, it reminds me of the many cars even in the 2000's, until the end to the GT1 series.
I'm really curious to see if the interiors are different from the normal road cars or respective race cars.
That corvette is looking sexy as hell, much prettier than the z06 IMO

I like it, it reminds me of the many cars even in the 2000's, until the end to the GT1 series.
I'm really curious to see if the interiors are different from the normal road cars or respective race cars.
That corvette is looking sexy as hell, much prettier than the z06 IMO
I suppose the Group 3 Corvette road car will be a nice substitute for the Z06 at least until we get the real Z06.

Is it possible that these are un-decorated cars for reasons related to the livery editor?
You mean like base models? GT Sport doesn't seem to have base models as separate vehicles, it just seems you can take any race car and mess with the livery. These fake homologation specials are distinct from GT6's base model cars. The base models are still full race cars, just without any livery or sponsorship decals and you can paint them. Bodies in white, basically. The new homologation specials are supposed to be "production" versions of these race cars.

The dislikes from diehard fans on that video (edit: still growing now :lol::lol::dunce:) show that my little parody has a point :D

It's as exactly as you said, 100%. A car roster bolster, and man does it look cheap.

I suppose the Group 3 Corvette road car will be a nice substitute for the Z06 at least until we get the real Z06.

I just really hope that the inclusion of the car in question is not an excuse for them not to bother considering the Z06. This whole idea seems cheap to me and that would be an equally cheap excuse.

I just really hope that the inclusion of the car in question is not an excuse for them not to bother considering the Z06. This whole idea seems cheap to me and that would be an equally cheap excuse.

The Corvette Group 3 could already be seen like an excuse not to get the Callaway's Corvette GT3, or just use balance of performance to fit the GTE class C7.R into Group 3 like the 911 RSR. Regardless, I do hope that we get the Z06 at some point. Especially with both transmission options the real life car gets.

Has anyone been able to get one of these "homologation" models in the demo?
AI has been spotted driving them, however it cannot be accessed, it is unknown if it can be acquired from Daily Workout rewards either. It is only known that it can be bought using Mileage points the same way Safety Cars can be acquired, as these vehicles are not available in Brand Central.

Latest Posts

Back