(5/28) TPC Daytona 150

United States
Grand Rapids,MI
HaydenFan69
The party still rages ladies and gentlemen.

4B61A353-B1D5-41F9-A020-5D42BC011E15.jpeg

The Pit Crew presents the TPC Daytona 150 at the world famous Daytona International Speedway. This 2.5 mile tri-oval has seen the likes of A.J. Foyt, Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt, and Jacques Villeneuve grace the grids at this fabled circuit. And now, for 150 miles, we will be racing in all of Gran Turismo 7's greatness, at this grand oval.

Rules are so simple, you might think I am just lazy (and I usually am, but I think these simple rules make this race even better).

Add me on PSN for entry: TPC_HaydenFan69 (Jay Deezy69)

May 28th, 2022
3:00 PM EST

Lobby will open for practice 20-30 minutes beforehand, with a practice/qualifying session starting at 3:00 because PD couldn’t just import the same hood system they had before.
Qualifying - Fastest takes poles, 2nd fastest car second, 3rd car third, so on and so forth.

Race - 60 laps, 150 miles

Fuel/Tire settings - x1 for both. This is about the racing, not the strategy, just like god intended.
Gr. 3 Ford Mustang
Car Setup:
  • Fully Customized Suspension - Open Tuning
  • Downforce: Turn those all the way down (400 Front, 500 Rear)
  • Transmission - Fully Customizable: Racing (Top Speed set to 340 km/h)
  • Supercharger: High-End Torque
  • Tires: Racing Hards
Alright, I might've lied about the rules being simple. Thought compared to some other leagues and races these will feel super simple.💈 We all know the current NASCAR Cup Series regulations on liveries. The number up towards the front wheel, Goodyear logos above the front tires. As well as following the standard GT Planet guidelines. Do that and we will be golden. Can't guarantee I will or will not boot you if you don't follow, up come on! It's not that hard.

Let's have some bump drafting fun. I'm not taking the racing side serious, and you should not either. This is a pretty long race as well, so let's not drive like this is the final quarter mile of the Daytona 500 either. This will test your patience and your ability to have your foot planted to the pedal or finger smashed into the R2 button. We don't have stock cars in GT7 for whatever reason, but let's not let that deter us from taking advantage of this great oval that Kaz has given us.

Last edited:
Max Verstappen of NASCAR, trying his best Dale Earnhardt interpretation to zero fan fare.
This blatantly punting people to win a race seems to be the currently accepted behavior this season. At least Dale was a little more subtle about it. If he was faster, he would sit on your bumper until you make a mistake or moved out of the way. If that didn't work, then you would get a nudge with the chrome horn.

I've got my #88 Llumar Chevy updated to current Nascar specs. :D

Gran Turismo® 7_20220511192817.jpg

Rule note: We’ll run a leader initiated caution if there is any incidents on track. It’ll last as long as it takes the cars who have issues to rejoin, and will restart at the soonest crossing of the S/F line.

Back