50 Greatest liveries of all time.

• Thread starter albteman015
  • 1,626 comments
I don't have time to go through all 54 pages, but here's my personal favorite...

1000002083.jpg

lotus-78-de-villota-pit-lane-snetteton-aurora-f1-1979-a--1586-p.jpg

Right, let me explain, I know it's a Lotus 78 and the car never raced in yellow in the F1 World Championship.

This is Emilio de Villota's Madom F1 Team Lotus 78 that he drove in the 1979 Aurora AFX British F1 Championship and also the 1979 non-Championship Race of Champions. I think the car looks great in yellow. No disrespect to the original John Player Special version though.

Last edited:
It's only the associations it has that make people think it's actually a good livery.
I do actually like the Marlboro McLaren design because it's simple and unclutteted but you raise an excellent point that has been overlooked before - successful cars usually have more memorable liveries.

If the ATS D7 had won 15/16 races, it would doubtlessly be lauded as a stunning car.

msmhr_01.jpg

If Thomas Erdõs won the 2001 BTCC, his Lexus would be remembered as a sleek looker.

553810-1024x676.jpg

It's much rarer that you get Esso Ultron Peugeot 406s or Jaguar R1s, uncompetitive cars definitely remembered as good looking. It's even rarer still that winners are remembered for being ugly.

I do actually like the Marlboro McLaren design because it's simple and unclutteted but you raise an excellent point that has been overlooked before - successful cars usually have more memorable liveries.

If the ATS D7 had won 15/16 races, it would doubtlessly be lauded as a stunning car.

msmhr_01.jpg

If Thomas Erdõs won the 2001 BTCC, his Lexus would be remembered as a sleek looker.

View attachment 1382717

It's much rarer that you get Esso Ultron Peugeot 406s or Jaguar R1s, uncompetitive cars definitely remembered as good looking. It's even rarer still that winners are remembered for being ugly.
I like those liveries

Back