700PP 1980 or Later / 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 258 comments
I'm a bit like Kossie, faster with auto. After an hour with manual I'm worn out so I find it easier with auto. I'm still chasing that sub 1.05, got to 1.05.222 yesterday and 1.05.125 today. The neighbours will probably be happier when I get there, all the cussing will stop.:D

This is my first top 250 result in GT seasonals TTs.
Quite good first two sectors and really, really great third sector (for my standards) made that lap.
As for driving with directional buttons and AT, it is a solid result I think.
I just started playing GT6 in October, so I hope to make it to top250 sometime again.
Thanks to @oooMaXimumooo for the great base setup, altered slightly to fit my likings.

DSC04029-.jpg

Well I'm happy to have gotten into the top 1,000! Position 914 using the 905B. DS3 with manual gears. 1:06.749

Did have to lean on traction control level 2, to do it, though. Don't tell anyone. :nervous:

Thanks for sharing the on-board footage, TRL'ers! As we already had these I refuse to use the top 'halo vehicle' for them.

Well I'm happy to have gotten into the top 1,000! Position 914 using the 905B. DS3 with manual gears. 1:06.749

Did have to lean on traction control level 2, to do it, though. Don't tell anyone. :nervous:

Thanks for sharing the on-board footage, TRL'ers! As we already had these I refuse to use the top 'halo vehicle' for them.
Why you dont pick up the pesca for the best time?

That 2 guys driving almost perfect, They make no mistake,The only little little little fault i can see from the number 2 is before the last turn. I think he loosing there a couple cm.

Amazing drivers :bowdown:

Last edited:
Relavietely newbie here but i'm keen on discovering why my 88' Jaguar XJR-8 which has 120bhp more than the Pescarolo is 2-3 seconds a lap slower with so much BHP. Im guessing its a setup issue. Ditto the Bentley, its 1.5-2 sec slower.

Both have superior BHP-ton ratios than the Pescarolo...

PS, i also assume not many folks are using the standard hand controller at this level.... that I assume would add a degree of difficulty to a really quality laptime.

Relavietely newbie here but i'm keen on discovering why my 88' Jaguar XJR-8 which has 120bhp more than the Pescarolo is 2-3 seconds a lap slower with so much BHP. Im guessing its a setup issue. Ditto the Bentley, its 1.5-2 sec slower.

Both have superior BHP-ton ratios than the Pescarolo...
Hi! And welcome to GTP.

The easy explanation is that the Pescarolo has better aerodynamics, wich makes the downforce work more effective (more grip), while also allowing the car to cut through the air smoother, giving better top speed aswell.

The true explanation is a bit more complicated though, The BHP figure is only a mere visualisation of the power, and that is not always 100% accurate. All cars have hidden specs that cant be adjusted without cheating, and these specs will affect how fast the car will accelerate and how much grip the tyres will generate.

One good example is the GTPES seris where we had 2 Audi R8 GT3 cars. the "R8 LMS ultra '12", and the "R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12"
Both cars have the exact same specs on paper, the only difference seems to be the livery.
But upon testing the cars you'll see that the Phoenix car is much faster, it has more grip and much better top speed.
In the GTPES series the "R8 LMS ultra '12" was given 490BHP and the "R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12" 460 BHP (same weight) this made them perform pretty similar, the "R8 LMS ultra '12" got better acceleration, and the "R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12" had better grip.
But despite the 30bhp disadvantage, the Phoenix car still had better acceleration once you went above 200KMH, and its top speed was about 20KMH faster with the exact same setup and as I said, 30BHP less.

I hope this answers your question.:cheers:

Back