700PP 1980 or Later / 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 91 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
700PP 1980 or Later / 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

TT#38 - 700PP 1980 or Later ~ 2WD Racing Car Super Lap @ Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#38] - 700PP 1980 or Later ~ 2WD Racing Car Super Lap @ Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 by shaunm80 / Modifications by dddsprayshop

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 by RZQSPEED

Nissan GT-R LM NISMO '15 by GTsail290

Audi R8 Race Car '01 by petaloudas

Audi R8 Race Car '01 by shaunm80

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 by NANDO_GT6

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 by oooMaXimumooo

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Very easy with the Pescarolo C-60. Made a lap time of 1.08.7 in my first try and became 29th of the World:cheers:
At least for a few minutes :P

I'm not a big fan of these types of cars, which is probably why I only own a couple of them. For the second time this week I went against my self-imposed rules and used what will probably be "the car" - the Pescarolo C60 Hybride. A single lap gold @ 1:08.784 with a whole lotta slippin' & slidin' going on... I would imagine smooth driving will set some ridiculously low times in this car.

I've been fluttering around $47M-$48M for a couple of weeks now. I suppose I should just go drop $20M on some prototypes, so I can at least drive something different in these 700PP+ Seasonal Events.

1:05.673 after getting chassis reinforcement, so in this case it does help a little. Still in second place after about 3 hours is better than I've ever started, yet I'll be out of the top 100 within a day. Fun while it's lasting....

Still in second place after about 3 hours is better than I've ever started, yet I'll be out of the top 100 within a day. Fun while it's lasting....
Did you take a picture? For the memories. :P

I've been fluttering around $47M-$48M for a couple of weeks now. I suppose I should just go drop $20M on some prototypes, so I can at least drive something different in these 700PP+ Seasonal Events.
Doooooooo iiiiiiiit!!

Last edited:
A new Seasonal!:)

What car to use??? Well, my game shows that I'm already in the Nissan GTR LM '15, so why don't we give it a shot

I check the settings to see if I can add some more horsepower and find that my pit crew didn't bring any turbo upgrades to the track:ill::ouch:;)

Well, we will just have to see what 655PP can do, so I load in the Apricot Time Trial and get some seat time.

The first couple of laps go badly with some major offs due to understeer and lack of brakes.:banghead::grumpy::irked:

But then I get in the grove and run a 1:11.3xx lap, so a Gold lap is within reach!:drool:

Two laps later, I throw down a 1:10.798 lap and the Gold trophy is mine!!!:):):)

Give it a try if you are interested in a bit of a challenge!:mischievous:

Good luck!:cheers:
GTsail

Last edited:
Using a year limitation to avoid the 2J here, I like it!:)

Yeah, its the kind of thing the PD should do on a more regular basis to sometimes eliminate the dominant cars that we keep running over and over again.:cool:

See you on the Hill!
GTsail

Using a year limitation to avoid the 2J here, I like it!:)

The car of choice will definitely be either the Audi R8 '01, pescarolo C60 hybrid '05, or the Chaparral 2X.

(By "car of choice", I mean wich one will be the fastest.)
the 2x can't be used since it is warp drive and technically not 2wd

Anyone else find the tyres have a lot less grip than usual? Took some radical diff settings to get the C60 to a point where I could sort of accelerate out of the corners without going sideways onto the verge.

I ran (slid?) around this one in the C60 Hybride... somewhere in the low 1:09's. Dropping 2 compounds to a RH from RS's made the car *really* slippery with the Praiano tune. As was said above, some clever diff adjustments and/or adding a bit of TCS (I was on 2 or 3) will really help dial the car in and get you a faster time.

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 (700PP RH)

My tune was a little too slidy but a kind person from my thread has already made the changes for it to be a gold tune. I can verify that they work as I have achieved gold with his amended settings.

Original tune

Updated tune for this seasonal event
(Changes made by @dddsprayshop)

pescimg1-jpg.202046

i used your original tune for this,was already capable to get gold.
only did a few laps with it,but my best is 1:10"546.
will try with the updated tune also.

Anyone else find the tyres have a lot less grip than usual? Took some radical diff settings to get the C60 to a point where I could sort of accelerate out of the corners without going sideways onto the verge.
I believe PD alters the handling of cars in the time trials. I remember practicing with the Lexus IS-F CCS-R at the Nurb a while back and then having to adjust to the understeer while running the time trial with the loaned car.

A new Seasonal!:)

What car to use??? Well, my game shows that I'm already in the Nissan GTR LM '15, so why don't we give it a shot

I check the settings to see if I can add some more horsepower and find that my pit crew didn't bring any turbo upgrades to the track:ill::ouch:;)

Well, we will just have to see what 655PP can do, so I load in the Apricot Time Trial and get some seat time.

The first couple of laps go badly with some major offs due to understeer and lack of brakes.:banghead::grumpy::irked:

But then I get in the grove and run a 1:11.3xx lap, so a Gold lap is within reach!:drool:

Two laps later, I throw down a 1:10.798 lap and the Gold trophy is mine!!!:):):)

Give it a try if you are interested in a bit of a challenge!:mischievous:

Good luck!:cheers:
GTsail

I tried the GTR LM Nismo first try and only found 1:13.xxx. Did you use a setup or is that the base tune? I love the car and would love to get gold with it. Any advice or tune would really help. Thats a great lap too.

In the Pescarolo I can't get the heavy, high turbo version around as fast as the light, medium turbo. It has a speed advantage down the front straight, that's for sure but pretty much everywhere else it's not as quick for me. Never liked heavier cars.

Back