82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,367 comments
  • 178,574 views
Screw Porsche! 👎

bewsPnF.gif
 
Also doesn't Le Mans award double points anyway?

I thought there were points to earn every 6 hours or so? Bonus points for making the 24? Not sure at all..
 
I think we're very much in Audi country here on GTP...
 
Mr. LeMans playing on his iphone... so much for focusing on the race. hahahaha
 
Am I imagining things, or is the hood of the #73 flying off soon?
It looks like it goes up on the straights.
 
So torn between taking my usual method of cheering for Audi, and cheering for Brendon Hartley...


Nevermind, I'm not torn between it now! PORSCHE!!! YEAH!!!
 
Could be a power steering problem like what they had before...
Confirmed as the same power steering issue as earlier.

Isn't Le Mans using Code 60 now? When the SC comes out all cars do 60mph in their current place, preserving all positions.
Code 60 is an alternative to putting a SC out. If there's debris they could put a code 60 instead of a SC.
 
Also have I got it right or is the Corvette suddenly now 48s behind the 2nd place Porsche in GTE Pro?
 
Well the key to Lemans is blowing up less then the people around you so if porsche do win then fair enough but they wont be happy going home knowing that pace wise Toyota and Audi were far faster today.
 
Keep in mind guys that Porsches' LMP1 car has been in development for nearly 4 years if I have my facts correct. That means even though this is their first time,the car has actually be 'under development' for about the same amount of time the Toyota's have been running this race too.

Porsche announced their LMP1 program in 2012. They first rolled out their chassis in 2013. So apart from Silverstone and Spa, they've testran the car for a year prior to Le Mans. Which is a much better preparation than Toyota's 6 month preparation time in 2012.
 
Isn't Le Mans using Code 60 now? When the SC comes out all cars do 60mph in their current place, preserving all positions.
No they use that in place of the safety car for minor incidents like when Wurz covered the track in gravel at the start. The safety cars are still used when needed.
 
Audi made 4 seconds that last lap
 
Well the key to Lemans is blowing up less then the people around you so if porsche do win then fair enough but they wont be happy going home knowing that pace wise Toyota and Audi were far faster today.

Yeah, I doubt all those people who won Le Mans due to superior reliability will be happy at winning one of the biggest races in the world when others were faster than them...isn't that what Le Mans is all about? Pace doesn't matter a fig unless you're still running?
 
Reliability is what makes races dramatic.

2010 would have been a snooze fest without a 908 trying to charge back to the front.
 
Yeah, I doubt all those people who won Le Mans due to superior reliability will be happy at winning one of the biggest races in the world when others were faster than them...isn't that what Le Mans is all about? Pace doesn't matter a fig unless you're still running?
I'd much rather have a car that wasn't too fast but would get me through the race, rather than something that blew everyone away on pace and then blew up every 5 minutes.
 
Had to say this, but I'm going for Audi....... :sick:
 
Yeah, I doubt all those people who won Le Mans due to superior reliability will be happy at winning one of the biggest races in the world when others were faster than them...isn't that what Le Mans is all about? Pace doesn't matter a fig unless you're still running?
The funny thing is that the 20 car hasn't been at all reliable and has been off the pace with a broken hybrid system, so it doesn't even seem right to call that car reliable, lol
 
hsv
I'd much rather have a car that wasn't too fast but would get me through the race, rather than something that blew everyone away on pace and then blew up every 5 minutes.

It's endurance racing, not time attack..
 
hsv
I'd much rather have a car that wasn't too fast but would get me through the race, rather than something that blew everyone away on pace and then blew up every 5 minutes.

Absolutely. Audi 2010 anyone?
 
The funny thing is that the 20 car hasn't been at all reliable and has been off the pace with a broken hybrid system, so it doesn't even seem right to call that car reliable, lol

Well, least unreliable then? :P
 
:lol: Commentators stop talking so viewers hear the car... Complete silence.
 
Yeah, I doubt all those people who won Le Mans due to superior reliability will be happy at winning one of the biggest races in the world when others were faster than them...isn't that what Le Mans is all about? Pace doesn't matter a fig unless you're still running?

Yes, I'm sure porsche will be delighted to be the slowest car in class.
 
Woke up at 5~6ish, knowing I have a big adventure (including new things like writing young-adult novels for the summer and a possible GT6 Race Report...) ahead of me today...

...but glad to see that Audi (P1), Aston Martin, SRT and Corvette (all GT-related) could all get podiums by the time this is done... :)
 
Back