A.I. way too aggressive

• Thread starter capt_slow
  • 32 comments
United States
United States
Has anyone else noticed how the A.I. seems to get worse every day. For me, it is constantly trying to spin me out now, brake checks me in the middle of a straight away, pushes me off track into penalties constantly, and more. I feel like I can't race on the same track as the a.i. anymore. It's an absolute nightmare now.

Yup. After the last update I thought that it's pretty cool that they spiced up the AI a bit, but after a week long grinding session on Le Mans I can only agree... It got worse.

Has anyone else noticed how the A.I. seems to get worse every day. For me, it is constantly trying to spin me out now, brake checks me in the middle of a straight away, pushes me off track into penalties constantly, and more. I feel like I can't race on the same track as the a.i. anymore. It's an absolute nightmare now.
I would at least like some kind of engaging AI instead of railway agents that they are in GT7.
No, I didnt notice it getting any more aggressive or using different methods.

I too have the idea it got a bit worse. And even before they should all have their racing license revoked after even a single race. Absolutely murderous 😱

Three things that drive me nuts about the AI:

First.. When I'm passing them on a straight they'll start blithely moving over and I can feel them rubbing against my car. Even when I'm lapping them they will do this. If I'm on the racing line and passing them they'll just drift over to take their line and ignore that I am there. When they make contact they don't turn the other way but just keep turning into me like they're trying to push their way on to their line. This doesn't cause me to crash but it's annoying.

Second... the PIT manoeuvres. Seems related to point 1 but happens if I overtake on the inside under braking for a corner. Even though I am alongside and mostly ahead, AI will turn in on their normal racing line anyway, tag my back quarter and I'll spin face first into the outside barrier and lose 15 seconds recovering while the AI driver continues unhindered and unpunished. This does cause me to crash and is very annoying.

I can't remember what the third thing was.

I've been playing racing games since the SNES days and GT7 has without a doubt the worst AI drivers of any game I've encountered, even Need for Speed does it better. Surely it can't be that hard to program AI to stick to the racing line and not brake on exit of corners etc. It's quite astonishing considering how well made the rest of the game is

I love when I get PIT maneuvered by the AI while going down a straight. I'm all the way over on the track, going straight, minding my own business and over comes the AI to clip my rear quarter-panel. Even Sophy does it.

Have the same feeling. AI not good amd getting worse. Seems they absolutely don't care anymore where i am driving.

I've noticed the same, but wouldn't say that it's aggressiveness. It's either total indifference to what's happening around them, or them having their hands so full with the new physics that they simply can't react to the player to avoid contact as they're already struggling to stay on the track, let alone make manoeuvres that differ from their planned trajectory. It's not too bad with slower cars but at 650+ PP they seem to become increasingly blind which would point to the latter option.

Last edited:
I can agree with that, it does mostly feel like indifference than purposeful agression, though when I get PIT manoeuvred into a corner by an AI on the inside it does often feel like they have tried to dive bomb me just after I've overtaken them.

It sounds like what everybody is saying is that the AI is becoming more like Sport? lol

I also noticed the AI is more aggressive but I like it. It makes the racing feel more "real" as in unpredictable, which is what we get in Sport.

I guess it depends on how you play. If you got straight to the PP limit, you probably wont notice it, but if you get up in there with them, they will trade paint. Also it seems like once you bump someone, even last place, the gloves are off! First place will be trying to take you out.

It sounds like what everybody is saying is that the AI is becoming more like Sport? lol

I also noticed the AI is more aggressive but I like it. It makes the racing feel more "real" as in unpredictable, which is what we get in Sport.

Oh it's very predictable ot is 100% going to try and spin you out ever time you pass a car. Black flag like behavior is not realistic.

Yup. After the last update I thought that it's pretty cool that they spiced up the AI a bit, but after a week long grinding session on Le Mans I can only agree... It got worse.
I typically grind the Sargenda 800pp race. I typically use the Gran Turismo F1 car. You can get it down to 800pp and it is probably the fastest grind available.

I was thinking the same not long ago and was told to carefully check the replay after the race to which i find that 99% of the time I actually caused the spin, more often by not giving enough space as i come across in passing the AI ...

I was thinking the same not long ago and was told to carefully check the replay after the race to which i find that 99% of the time I actually caused the spin, more often by not giving enough space as i come across in passing the AI ...
I will watch the ai in the reverse cam swerve over from the other side of the track to hit my rear 1/4 panel and push me into a spin out. It will also brake check in the straight. Giving enough room is not a requirement. If you watch any racing event, they get cloae all the time, the saying goes "rubbing is racing". That doesn't mean causing a spinout is acceptable by any means. That is how racers die and is black flag behavior.

Last edited:
I do a daily Sardegna grind for the ~875k credits, and have recorded every session since I started playing in March. The AI in the past 3 weeks have been increasingly more aggressive, and dynamic. I used to be able to lap the entire field and work on lapping some twice. Now because of the slamming, and with even quicker lap times ( except when shunted ) - as this is starting to become something I can do with my eyes closed, I am not able to lap the entire field but usually have 1-2 cars just escaping being lapped after 25 minutes.

And when going for a pass, I now have to make sure it is going to be very quick and tidy, and even then they will make defensive cuts. I have not seen them make more than one move though and am starting to use that to get them moving one way and then go around the other and do the ole switcheroo. It certainly makes for more realistic planning multiple turns ahead. I can't expect them to stay out of my way anymore, sadly even when they are getting the blue flag. smh.

I will watch the ai in the reverse cam swerve over from the other side of the track to hit my rear 1/4 panel and push me into a spin out. It will also brake check in the straight. Giving enough room is not a requirement. If you watch any racing event, they get cloae all the time, the saying goes "rubbing is racing". That doesn't mean causing a spinout is acceptable by any means. That is how racers die and is black flag behavior.
I WANT VIDEO....

not going to put forth that much effort just to satisfy you. I can't finish a lap in the sargenda 800pp race without getting driven through. I'm about to delete gt7 for this very reason. I'm absolutely livid over this.

You're doing something that likely can be addressed if that keeps happening at sardegna 800 for you.

I'm a very average driver and drive this race often. Can't recall last time I was shunted off, or shunted seriously at all on this race, never mind it occurring every lap.

Last edited:
B80
You're doing something that likely can be addressed if that keeps happening at sardegna 800 for you.

I'm a very average driver and drive this race often. Can't recall last time I was shunted off, or shunted seriously at all on this race, never mind it occurring every lap.
The AI at Sardegna 800 will always try to swerve into you, spin you out through a PIT maneuver, or brake check you.

Yeah, At the beginning of the game's life I thought the AI was relatively good, but now it's like they (the AI) don't know I'm on the track at all. They push me out off the track, perform pit maneuvers, or drive right into me when I brake or have spun around. Then they continue as if nothing has happened . At the beginning, they at least tried to drive around me if I was stationary on the track after an accident, but as I said, they only drive right into me now

Latest Posts

Back