A.I. way too aggressive

• Thread starter capt_slow
  • 35 comments
I haven’t noticed any aggressive behaviour. Perhaps it depends on the type of cars they are using, or their skill level?

Here’s an example of how it looks at my end:

Last edited:
The AI at Sardegna 800 will always try to swerve into you, spin you out through a PIT maneuver, or brake check you.

I know. I've done the race god knows how many times. :D

They don't try to pit manoeuvre you intentionally, as they're on rails.obliviousky/ignorantly following their set course regardless of you.

Good thing is it's extremely easy to avoid ie never go down right side of them before pit lane on the straight.

Last edited:
Yup. After the last update I thought that it's pretty cool that they spiced up the AI a bit, but after a week long grinding session on Le Mans I can only agree... It got worse.
Specially Healy... At least for me

Oh it's very predictable ot is 100% going to try and spin you out ever time you pass a car. Black flag like behavior is not realistic.
I don't get that same feeling of predictability when passing AI. Some try to spin me , some don't. Who knows other than the devs, but it may depend on when /where and how you are passing. It almost feels like there's a bit of SOPHY AI algorithm in the base AI now.
I did read the other day that Sony AI is working on a new AI platform that leverages the pixels on screen as input data to the AI modelling. Just like a player uses its eyes' input data to make output determinations on the controller.
So maybe SOPHY AI will become the "basic" AI with the new one being introduced into the game gradually through updates when it becomes more polished like SOPHY today.

This maybe a silly question to everyone here, but are we passing correctly or are we just expecting for the AI to get out of the way mid-apex?

This maybe a silly question to everyone here, but are we passing correctly or are we just expecting for the AI to get out of the way mid-apex?
Most of the time i get spun by the AI I find that the AI has a "set driving line" and they are programmed to follow/stay on that line and I was in their way as I crossed too close in a pass as they followed their line that they just stayed on it and pushed me aside, usually a pit maneuver, and puts me in a spin. I now give the AI plenty of room when passing.

Latest Posts

Back