A.I. way too aggressive

• Thread starter capt_slow
  • 45 comments
I haven’t noticed any aggressive behaviour. Perhaps it depends on the type of cars they are using, or their skill level?

Here’s an example of how it looks at my end:

Last edited:
The AI at Sardegna 800 will always try to swerve into you, spin you out through a PIT maneuver, or brake check you.

I know. I've done the race god knows how many times. :D

They don't try to pit manoeuvre you intentionally, as they're on rails.obliviousky/ignorantly following their set course regardless of you.

Good thing is it's extremely easy to avoid ie never go down right side of them before pit lane on the straight.

Last edited:
Yup. After the last update I thought that it's pretty cool that they spiced up the AI a bit, but after a week long grinding session on Le Mans I can only agree... It got worse.
Specially Healy... At least for me

Oh it's very predictable ot is 100% going to try and spin you out ever time you pass a car. Black flag like behavior is not realistic.
I don't get that same feeling of predictability when passing AI. Some try to spin me , some don't. Who knows other than the devs, but it may depend on when /where and how you are passing. It almost feels like there's a bit of SOPHY AI algorithm in the base AI now.
I did read the other day that Sony AI is working on a new AI platform that leverages the pixels on screen as input data to the AI modelling. Just like a player uses its eyes' input data to make output determinations on the controller.
So maybe SOPHY AI will become the "basic" AI with the new one being introduced into the game gradually through updates when it becomes more polished like SOPHY today.

This maybe a silly question to everyone here, but are we passing correctly or are we just expecting for the AI to get out of the way mid-apex?
Most of the time i get spun by the AI I find that the AI has a "set driving line" and they are programmed to follow/stay on that line and I was in their way as I crossed too close in a pass as they followed their line that they just stayed on it and pushed me aside, usually a pit maneuver, and puts me in a spin. I now give the AI plenty of room when passing.

Has anyone else noticed how the A.I. seems to get worse every day. For me, it is constantly trying to spin me out now, brake checks me in the middle of a straight away, pushes me off track into penalties constantly, and more. I feel like I can't race on the same track as the a.i. anymore. It's an absolute nightmare now.
Hahaha been racing on GT3 Cup mission at the Lake Maggiore Circuit and i had a tough time to beat the AI 😂😂😂😂, they hit you on the back to make you spin. i took 1 week to be able to beat it.

just be agressive too... play the same game. Lambo its a great car for it, better tyre management and speed, aceleration and grip

Yeah, At the beginning of the game's life I thought the AI was relatively good, but now it's like they (the AI) don't know I'm on the track at all. They push me out off the track, perform pit maneuvers, or drive right into me when I brake or have spun around. Then they continue as if nothing has happened . At the beginning, they at least tried to drive around me if I was stationary on the track after an accident, but as I said, they only drive right into me now
its does on purpose

Last edited by a moderator:
they hit you on the back to make you spin.
Not a deliberate action, just the AI badly programmed to take 2 corners.
And when you know this will always happen, then it is easy to avoid and can also be abused to increase your lead.
Nothing to do with the AI driving aggressively and has always been this way on the track.

And that also is the same for all other tracks: just bad coding for their choice of lines, or being blind to your presence in specific cases.

Soooo you guys are NOT passing in the proper passing zones??
No it's specifically when you are performing a "correct" overtake that the AI will try to spin you. Idk why this is even a discussion, the fact that this happens is a self-evident truth...

Not a deliberate action, just the AI badly programmed to take 2 corners.
And when you know this will always happen, then it is easy to avoid and can also be abused to increase your lead.
Nothing to do with the AI driving aggressively and has always been this way on the track.

And that also is the same for all other tracks: just bad coding for their choice of lines, or being blind to your presence in specific cases.
I admit to using the AI's... well, AI to mess with them sometimes.

No it's specifically when you are performing a "correct" overtake that the AI will try to spin you. Idk why this is even a discussion, the fact that this happens is a self-evident truth...
Edit2:
If the AI spins you after your overtake, you simply were too overconfident in your speed, which means either be faster or read the situation better, you should learn when it is possible and when you better step back.
---

The AI just follows 2 rules and 2 lines.
Rule 1: no one to overtake - racing line
Rule 2: some other car to overtake - inner line

Edit: example, and you see there is no ramming intention.
I trigger rule 2 by reducing my speed, so AI wants to take inner line and it will NEVER work at that corner (maybe for some of the cars, but not the competitive fast ones)

And just at some corners this inner line just doesnt fit.
Maybe PD has made a change of physics and it did work when they setup these lines.
Maybe the line was created with a different car in mind and not carefully removed from the setup.
Whatever is the case, the single thing that factually is not true is the intention of the AI to ram a player - because the AI cant make that decision.

Sophy has more rules, but it basically does the same.

Last edited:
I don't care that the AI is aggressive.

What bothers me is that the AI seemingly operates under a diff law of physics. The AI can easily spin you like a top but an AI driven VW Beetle has F1 levels of grip/downforce lol.

I don't care that the AI is aggressive.

What bothers me is that the AI seemingly operates under a diff law of physics. The AI can easily spin you like a top but an AI driven VW Beetle has F1 levels of grip/downforce lol.
I would confidently bet that it's more that the AI responds better by getting off the gas or reducing steering input to increase stability and grip. Watch the replays, the AI are merely much better to react optimally and nearly instantly, where people tend to do the worst possible responses in bad situations.

Last edited:
I would confidently bet that it's more that the AI responds better by getting off the gas or reducing steering input to increase stability and grip. Watch the replays, the AI are merely much better to react optimally and nearly instantly, where people tend to do the worst possible responses in bad situations.
Try to pit maneuver the AI, you’ll see what I mean.

Back