A long history of tracks demolished/ruined, often for stupid reasons

Copse has been unchanged since 1991 - and it was only slightly different from 1949 to 1990.

This is true, but there were occasions where the tightness of the corner was greater when they moved the insider kerb closer to the track and away from the armco. Compare:

Start from :45. More views at 2:00, 2:36, 2:55 and 3:10. Much tighter Copse corner, 1994

From 1:45. Slightly wider, with grass instead of tarmac on the inside. 1998

I suppose you'll soon see Irwindale join that list in favor of some average shopping complex...

The Toyota All Star Showdowns on that track were a blast. Lots of space on that track along with multiple grooves that allowed for the occasional three-wide racing. Not a very common sight on short tracks.

I suppose you'll soon see Irwindale join that list in favor of some average shopping complex...

The Toyota All Star Showdowns on that track were a blast. Lots of space on that track along with multiple grooves that allowed for the occasional three-wide racing. Not a very common sight on short tracks.

Thanks to Tim Huddleston it’s safe for at least 2 more years.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/12...g-after-all-will-continue-with-new-operators/

If it does eventually die you certainly can’t say nobody tried to save it.

Thanks to Tim Huddleston it’s safe for at least 2 more years.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/12...g-after-all-will-continue-with-new-operators/

If it does eventually die you certainly can’t say nobody tried to save it.
I think it'll live longer than that. Seems that stores have finally gotten to a point where they don't feel the need to persue every proposed mall they get shown.

Meanwhile, in College Station:
maxresdefault.jpg

The longer time goes, the more I want to see how much the property would be.

I think it'll live longer than that. Seems that stores have finally gotten to a point where they don't feel the need to persue every proposed mall they get shown.
Retail space is on the decline thanks to online shopping, it's home development that's the big threat these days. So long as it isn't in a place where it would be desirable to re-zone the land the track sits on for residential use, it will likely be okay.

Retail space is on the decline thanks to online shopping, it's home development that's the big threat these days. So long as it isn't in a place where it would be desirable to re-zone the land the track sits on for residential use, it will likely be okay.
That's what TWS has been facing is IIRC a "low-income" development.

Back