ABS 0 In GT6 May Not Be As Bad As Some Might Think...EDIT: Actually It's Worse!

• Thread starter VBR
  • 75 comments
I dont have big issue...never told i cant play or something like this, always racing in public lobby without abs against people with & thing to be quite fast (for exemple: online mode, KTM x bow, 526 PP, SH tyres, stock @ Brandshatch, real grip, 1'31'6)...so just stay on theme (0 ABS good r not in GT6) & avoid driving & setting tips please...
IMAO with practice is not a big issue, but it's not real at all!!!
& PD has a mode where 0 ABS it's just a joy!
i find very 🤬 that i tried something i liked (v1.00) & for some bug or choiche (communication PD...:banghead::banghead:) has been changed in 🤬.

LSD is just to snappy and engage in a wrong way in almost every cay...way should i spend my time setting something that works just fine stock IRL ? (R8 LMS for exemple: a 24h Nürb winning car HAVE to be easy driving)

EDIT: srry for my roughness, im getting frustrated...i appreciate anyway your post
It was never meant for you directly but for whoever reads it.... The first paragraph was however...

If you use a wheel and pedals like I have then it is a bit more difficult. Standard brakes do not work very well on any of the cars and make it very hard to slow down, wheel lock is not the issue unless using CS tires or below or on wet road but getting enough braking is an issue. The pressure sensor requires a lot of braking to slow the car and the result is that you will blast through corners and off track often. I use racing brakes on pretty much everything just so I do not have to stand on the pedal to slow the car down and of course once you apply racing brakes the ABS off does not work so well. It is doable but ....
I use wheel and pedals mostly (and the DS3 a bit too). Like you, I also find that a lot of braking distance is needed before turning in on standard brakes, especially in a heavier car. Until I get familiar with a new car, I frequently overshoot corners and need to restart a few times until I've got my braking points right.

It's a lot of fun though. And I love it when the back of the car starts slipping sideways a bit under heavy breaking.

With ABS on, you just have to slam on the brakes at the braking point. And that's it.
Might be true for normal cars, but definitely not for race cars.
The R8 LMS (brake balance 3/2) spins regularly just by thinking of moving the right stick downwards to brake (DS3 user).
Mostly this happens to me on Nordschleife 24h when breaking for Hohenrain chicane or Bathurst while breaking for chase corner. And I'm not slamming the break, it's just moving the stick downwards about 10% from its neutral position.
So, even with ABS set to 1, it's not just about "slam the breaks and you're fine". ;)

Last edited:
I always drive with ABS off. But I use the logitech G27. It makes driving much more fun! If you change the limited slip diffirential brake sensitivity you get a much more realistic driving experience. ABS in Gran Turismo is way too good. In a real car it slips a little but in GT it never slips no matter how much ABS you have, 1 or 10. So thats why I drive with ABS off, but I lower the brake balance and increase braking sensitivity on the LSD.

When you learn to drive without ABS with your G27 it's like heaven.

I use wheel and pedals mostly (and the DS3 a bit too). Like you, I also find that a lot of braking distance is needed before turning in on standard brakes, especially in a heavier car. Until I get familiar with a new car, I frequently overshoot corners and need to restart a few times until I've got my braking points right.

It's a lot of fun though. And I love it when the back of the car starts slipping sideways a bit under heavy breaking.

I think you misunderstood what I meant when I said a lot of braking and hard to slow with standard brakes. They actually have the same stopping distance the difference is the amount of brake you must apply on the pedal to get the same amount of braking. On a lot of pedals this is no big deal but on the pedals I have there is a huge difference. My pedals use a pressure sensor on the brake. I have to press hard to stop with the racing brakes, harder than i would like sometimes and with standard brakes I have to press much harder we're talking 100 pounds of force or more needing to be applied to the brake pedal.

It is especially hard to switch back and forth due to the differences in the mount of pressure. Would be nice if that brake bias worked to increase or decrease the amount of pressure required or if they had something like Forza where there is a separate brake pressure adjustment. I dirve without ABS on Forza all the time without issue

It really isn't bad once you realize there is a glitch with the brake bias settings where in some modes it reverts back to 5/5, which depending on the car can either make the brakes worse, or make them way too strong causing instant lock ups.

The brake bias works properly in career mode races but not online or free run. When you race online or in free run the brake bias values return to 5/5 which is why you can turn it down to 0/0 and still lock the brakes, the game still reads a value of 5/5.
This problem is only apparent on cars that lock up their brakes with the stock setting, such as the Huayra or F40.

I have to agree, running without ABS is much better now. I cant wait to go back online once they fix the brake Bias bug.

I done some testing tonight, & got some interesting results. Posted my findings up here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/abs-off-game-mode-dependent-brake-bias-bug.297512/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/abs-off-game-mode-dependent-brake-bias-bug.297512/

👍

Might be true for normal cars, but definitely not for race cars.
The R8 LMS (brake balance 3/2) spins regularly just by thinking of moving the right stick downwards to brake (DS3 user).
Mostly this happens to me on Nordschleife 24h when breaking for Hohenrain chicane or Bathurst while breaking for chase corner. And I'm not slamming the break, it's just moving the stick downwards about 10% from its neutral position.
So, even with ABS set to 1, it's not just about "slam the breaks and you're fine". ;)
The R8 LMS I can slam all day long on Le Mans, Silverstone, Bathurst, and Laguna... It's all in the setup. Normally though I don't slam to save tires but I can for an overtake if I'm side by side..

VBR
EDIT: After @grog pointed out there was a bug with ABS off in certain modes, I did some testing & my results are posted up in another thread in the GT6 Feedback Forum here.

Original Post:

Let me explain; I was driving my Caterham Fireblade with no ABS on Brands Hatch last night, I had the brakes set to 8/4 & the wheels hardly locked up at all. It reminded me of the Caterham 7 Superlight I drove in the real world at a track day once, it felt very similar. By the way, in GT6 the car was totally stock except for a tyre change to Comfort Softs, & I was using sequential shift (so the auto blip was automatically on).

Think about it; the real Caterham 7 Superlight I drove was designed to be used without ABS, that's why it felt so easy to brake, & I presume it's the same case with the Caterham Fireblade in real life also. Maybe PD have got the ABS pretty much spot on in GT6, because the only cars where ABS 0 can be tricky (and here's my point) are cars which were not designed to be used without ABS.

Try the Caterham Fireblade out for yourself & tell me what you think.

Could you clarify, is abs bad even in the tests where you could change BB settings?

No it works great (much better than gt5)!

It is not an issue with the programming for the brakes. It is merely a bug affecting these certain game modes where the default brake balance appears to be set at 10/? and cannot be changed.

Although the settings can be "changed" in the car setup menu, they don't apply.

And the in-race RA menu doesn't even allow adjustments.

Back