Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,896 comments
I need a little help please. I've installed Cam Tool 2 and activated it in the apps list. It appears in my sidebar out on the track.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/camtool-2.15062/
I've installed these Kyalami presets for it.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/kyalami2016-camtool-replay.29858/
How do I view a replay that uses these presets?
I hit 'replay' after a race and the default static cameras are used.
Thanks in advance, never used Cam Tool before.

Thanks, but that was no use at all I'm afraid.
I'm trying to watch a replay of a few of my laps around Kyalami using the Cam Tools 2 preset that was uploaded to RD. I'm just trying to work out the sequence of events to achieve this (because there doesn't appear to be any instructions with the app at all. I love it when devs do this).
Firstly: does it work with VR?

I don't want to restart the whole VR/flatscreen discussion again but I just updated my graphic card drivers using Geforce Experience and in its wisdom it seems to have 'optimised' my graphics settings in Asseto Corsa. And by 'optimised', I mean made ten times worse. Luckily I've got a few presets saved in CM but if I was new to VR and was using these Nvidea-recommended 'optimised' settings then I'd also have been put off and would probably have stuck with 4k 2D. Honestly, the 'optimised' settings were a low-res, heavily aliased shimmering mess that literally hurt my eyeballs. If this is what new users are seeing when testing VR for the first time with a driving sim then it's no wonder they hate VR. I reactivated my favourite preset and it was like getting new eyes. Everything back to being smooth, clear, detailed and flicker-free.
To whoever it was who was getting VR, please bear this in mind when using it for the first time. In CM head to settings/assetto corsa/video and have a play with the settings. Make this your first port of call. DON'T use the defaults.

https://mega.nz/#!cJVFSaha!sO7bMshH4baYUfP_HKPPkjHIypKVRC1Mr_yv0_-AQs0

This is my Lambo SVJ rework. the original cars lap times hung around the 7 minute mark and now after revising the Aero/Tires/brakes/power graph/Correct gear ratios/top speed(now 217mph like the real one instead of 240mph+) ..ect ive successfully ran a 6:46 on 98% track grip 77 Degrees F out. it still has room to hit that 6:44 production lap record time it set. this is version 0.8 so far. i can still do more with the suspension. when i get more data on the real car ill make the numbers more exact and release 1.0 i cant mod graphics so those 255 wide rear tires i can't change. they should be 355 wide. the physics of them are 355 now that i fixed them but the graphic remains a 255 thin boy. Also i added some new paint colors. This also should not overwrite the OG SVJ mod from assetto land incase you want to compare the two.
0fd375823be61a24bc0d57454ead808b.jpg

Wall data is in collision.kn5
The file was not touched, but I checked that it forget some of the walls.
I will fix the file later.
thank you
I wanna thank you very much for updating this track, the racing line and the groove are better now.
I got an issue with the last version 1.4 fix (I delete the previous version always before a new one), the loading of the track was very long.

Anyway, thank you so much for your hard and good work on it !:bowdown:;)

Had the same issue- full white out on Spa. Reinstall CSP or upgrade 205 ( I find you need to install 140, then 205). Also, you may want the latest Sol v1.4 alpha 18. They have a discord channel in which the upload for Sol is posted under Troubleshooting (date 11/18/19 post from LeBluem) is available: https://discord.gg/7dy3Cn (1 day code). :)
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm on the latest Sol alpha & a few iterations on from CSP 205 - I loathe to adjust Sol exposure settings as Yas Marina is my only F1 circuit that's not quite right.... No white outs by the way or unusable. Just needs toning down a bit.... I'll just have to wait till it gets an update.

I don't want to restart the whole VR/flatscreen discussion again but I just updated my graphic card drivers using Geforce Experience and in its wisdom it seems to have 'optimised' my graphics settings in Asseto Corsa. And by 'optimised', I mean made ten times worse. Luckily I've got a few presets saved in CM but if I was new to VR and was using these Nvidea-recommended 'optimised' settings then I'd also have been put off and would probably have stuck with 4k 2D. Honestly, the 'optimised' settings were a low-res, heavily aliased shimmering mess that literally hurt my eyeballs. If this is what new users are seeing when testing VR for the first time with a driving sim then it's no wonder they hate VR. I reactivated my favourite preset and it was like getting new eyes. Everything back to being smooth, clear, detailed and flicker-free.
To whoever it was who was getting VR, please bear this in mind when using it for the first time. In CM head to settings/assetto corsa/video and have a play with the settings. Make this your first port of call. DON'T use the defaults.

My Oculus Rift S is at home and, as if you could read my mind, I have exactly that problem: low-res, heavily aliased shimmering mess. Is awfull, I know this cant be the quality of VR, so please what can I do?
What settings do you have in content manager or whatever???

My Oculus Rift S is at home and, as if you could read my mind, I have exactly that problem: low-res, heavily aliased shimmering mess. Is awfull, I know this cant be the quality of VR, so please what can I do?
What settings do you have in content manager or whatever???
I'm away from my rig all day so can't advise, but check the VR channel on the CSP discord, or check RD for AC VR threads.

I'm away from my rig all day so can't advise, but check the VR channel on the CSP discord, or check RD for AC VR threads.

But no matter the resolution I put in Content Manager the image is always the same, very bad, so must be another place to set up proper resolution.
Thanks, I will look in discord channel.

But no matter the resolution I put in Content Manager the image is always the same, very bad, so must be another place to set up proper resolution.
Thanks, I will look in discord channel.
Resolution should be set automatically if you are in Oculus mode, but use supersampling to increase the sharpness. I think this is called 'pixels per display' or something, bottom right hand corner of the video settings. Try 1.6.
Type of AA is important too.

Resolution should be set automatically if you are in Oculus mode, but use supersampling to increase the sharpness. I think this is called 'pixels per display' or something, bottom right hand corner of the video settings. Try 1.6.
Type of AA is important too.

**** I have a problem with the Oculus Software, stuck in segurity videos, I have to deinstall and install the whole **** again.

Thanks, I'll look into that but I have pixels density to 2 and nothing. Tonight I will continue installing the Oculus after work, no time for more right now.
Thanks again.

I wanna thank you very much for updating this track, the racing line and the groove are better now.
I got an issue with the last version 1.4 fix (I delete the previous version always before a new one), the loading of the track was very long.

Anyway, thank you so much for your hard and good work on it !:bowdown:;)

Collision of wall finished to fix. upload later.
Has loading time been very long?
BTW, My PC loading time is about 2 seconds except for car.
(I use low price SSD)
I try to sort out some objects.

Collision of wall finished to fix. upload later.
Has loading time been very long?
BTW, My PC loading time is about 2 seconds except for car.
(I use low price SSD)
I try to sort out some objects.
Hi !

I’m far from my rig so I will try again when I will back from work.
The previous ones were out this issue and... maybe yesterday night, my PC was not in a good mood..!

Anyway, I appreciated some changes with the billboards for example.

Thanks a lot for your reply. ;-)

https://mega.nz/#!cJVFSaha!sO7bMshH4baYUfP_HKPPkjHIypKVRC1Mr_yv0_-AQs0

This is my Lambo SVJ rework. the original cars lap times hung around the 7 minute mark and now after revising the Aero/Tires/brakes/power graph/Correct gear ratios/top speed(now 217mph like the real one instead of 240mph+) ..ect ive successfully ran a 6:46 on 98% track grip 77 Degrees F out. it still has room to hit that 6:44 production lap record time it set. this is version 0.8 so far. i can still do more with the suspension. when i get more data on the real car ill make the numbers more exact and release 1.0 i cant mod graphics so those 255 wide rear tires i can't change. they should be 355 wide. the physics of them are 355 now that i fixed them but the graphic remains a 255 thin boy. Also i added some new paint colors. This also should not overwrite the OG SVJ mod from assetto land incase you want to compare the two.
0fd375823be61a24bc0d57454ead808b.jpg

Rear tire/wheel size is too narrow and small,not correct.Other than that it looks nice.But it needs work.

Last edited:
I have exactly that problem: low-res, heavily aliased shimmering mess

Only with AC?
Try an other VR game, to verfy if it is just AC.
All VR goggle have a sweet spot where everything is much clearer, move your goggle up and down on your face to find where yours is.
As @Masscot mentioned, resolution is set automatically,
Per pixel display is very important, I have mine at 1.5 in AC as I cannot see any further improvement over that value and it is very hard on the FPS performance.

Many Thanks!!!I was waiting for this!!!

hey my pleasure man, if you can give me any feedback on that car please do. im not the type of creator to argue with reviewers. so if anything you see is not correct or doesnt feel right, or whatever it is. let me know so i can look into fixing it. i only test the cars i work on, on nurburgring and VIR so there might be issues that i just haven't ran into yet.

the new ford GT or lexus LFA nurburgring edition should be next. ive been working on those for about 3 weeks. The LFA specifically is almost 98% accurate. all of its cornering speeds in mph, are the exact same as the real life video. and the end laptime i got was 7:14.91 the real record was 7:14.64 so its rlyrly close

Did you test it ?
I have not raced AI yet. It was not good before ?

On a different note: the BMW2002 issue got solved:
- unpack data.acd with CM, then open car.ini and replace SHAKE_MUL=20 with SHAKE_MUL=2

Haven't been home all day so not had a chance to test it yet - I haven't raced AI either as I've spent my time on Kyalami trying to learn how to go round those dodgy corners without sliding off into the gravel. I'll try to setup a race later and let you know.

Thanks for letting us know about the BMW fix too. Didn't know you can unpack the data.acd with CM. I've always used quickbms in the past to do that.

hey my pleasure man, if you can give me any feedback on that car please do. im not the type of creator to argue with reviewers. so if anything you see is not correct or doesnt feel right, or whatever it is. let me know so i can look into fixing it. i only test the cars i work on, on nurburgring and VIR so there might be issues that i just haven't ran into yet.
It drives very nicely from a quick test but a couple of obvious things: the 3D mirrors are borked (LHS and rearview have flipped images, RHS seems OK) and AI cars seem to spend most of their time bouncing off the rev limiter (check a replay, but you can hear them at the start too).

You can delete png files, but no problem if you keep them (just some kbites of images), I'll remove them anyway in next version

No probs, I'll just keep em in as they don't take up any space, I was really just wondering if they were necessary to keep em in but it's all good.

It drives very nicely from a quick test but a couple of obvious things: the 3D mirrors are borked (LHS and rearview have flipped images, RHS seems OK) and AI cars seem to spend most of their time bouncing off the rev limiter (check a replay, but you can hear them at the start too).

are those things i can fix inside the Data.ini ? thats all i can do is physics i dont know how to do any visual modding. i couldnt even add a stripe to a car if my life depended on it. i only understand the physics because i was a mechanic for 8 years. otherwise i wouldn't be able understand the values in the physics folders either.

the new ford GT or lexus LFA nurburgring edition should be next. ive been working on those for about 3 weeks. The LFA specifically is almost 98% accurate. all of its cornering speeds in mph, are the exact same as the real life video. and the end laptime i got was 7:14.91 the real record was 7:14.64 so its rlyrly close

Can't wait for the Lexus LFA - if you get the sound of that right then I'll be in heaven. I'm not sure there was anything that sounded better when it was released.
EDIT: Just seen your comment about doing the physics only so i'm hoping the original sound is good enough

Can't wait for the Lexus LFA - if you get the sound of that right then I'll be in heaven. I'm not sure there was anything that sounded better when it was released.
EDIT: Just seen your comment about doing the physics only so i'm hoping the original sound is good enough
it has new sound, from the assetto drive Carrara GT, the original sound sounded like a vibrating vacuum cleaner. its V10 engine sound now and is pretty ok if you asked me 7/10

it has new sound, from the assetto drive Carrara GT, the original sound sounded like a vibrating vacuum cleaner. its V10 engine sound now and is pretty ok if you asked me 7/10

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's gotta be the best description ever for a dodgy sounding V10. Found a sound mod on RD but I'll wait till you drop your modded version, strangely I haven't actually got an LFA in my car collection.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back