Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
I know it released fast

One tip: don't use capitals in the car's name, because that prevents CM to keep track of top speed and driven distance.

Like this: ag_lexus_lfa_nurburgring_rework - it works fine.

vdc_toyota_gr_supra_jack_Time_Attack_(Mike_Edit) changed to
vdc_toyota_gr_supra_jack_time_attack_(mike_edit) or even
vdc_toyota_gr_supra_jack_time_attack_mike_edit

did not work either.
I noticed before that names that are too long and too much underscores don't get recognised.
Tried a few possibilities and like this I get the readings in CM:
vdc_toyota_gr_ta

As for the cars: both drive pretty well, and though the Toyota is very fast (in the top three of GT3's on my test track), it still feels a bit like a street car (tried all tire options). It is very loose over crests and a bit wobbly compared to other GT3 cars (no changes made to the setup, just stock).
The Motec display still lacks most readouts (but it was like that in the original version too).

Just my 2cts about my first impression.

I like it - very fast, very grippy. But as Fanatec says, it maybe feels a little 'comfortable', not harsh enough for a TA car? Minor quibble though. Very nice drive. Where did the extra skins come from (Falken/Monster etc)?

Also, anyone know why changing
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0
to
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=1
in data/driver3d ISN'T swapping the shifting hand?
I've found a really nice sequential shift animation for this car but it's on the wrong side. Inverting normally works, but not in this case.
Stumped!
(and yes, there's no data folder/data.acd conflict either)

Old Spanish Trail has had another update this morning to smooth out the spiky mountains in the background:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/old-spanish-trail-highway-circuit.25210/

Before:
Screenshot_urd_maures_gtr_97_osth_circuit_30-11-119-8-25-35.jpg

After:
Screenshot_vdc_toyota_gr_supra_jack_time_attack_(mike_edit)_osth_circuit_30-11-119-11-18-54.jpg

Much appreciated mate. I always forget about those barriers and driving into them at 200mph hurts ;)

drive the Normal nordschleife track to not have the barriers there. it will not include the GP track if you choose the map called "nordschliefe" just plain ole nords not tourist not endurence not anything after. youll start near the end of the strait away. and the lap begins where 99% of production car lap records are started. turn 1 i call it. but its not really turn one, its right where the GP track is walled off. start from Hotlap start NOT PITS. or els youll have to do an outlap to even begin driving a flying lap. hotlap start allows you to get a flying lap in right off start.

Cheers for that bro. @leBluem sorted this for me with a no barrier fix. I did try the normal Nordschleife you mention but to me the track didn't look as good as the one with the barriers. Might just have been my CSP settings though lol

Talking of cars that are missing from AC - I've been dreaming about having a MK2 Scirocco but for some reason I don't think anyone's ever converted or made one. So yeah if someone is up for doing one of these I will send a crate full of beers their way

:)
magny_cours fix4_2
-fix collision.kn5
-organized objects
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n2au28q18p07zhn/
Thanks a lot for your update !
The loading stills long here (Hybrid HDD... don't judge me ! ^^) but It's not a problem, the track is getting better and better by your hard and constant work.

I think this track deserves some skidmarks in several places now, to be more "alive" if you accept my feeling... obviously. :embarrassed:
One other thing... I got the feeling that the light on the track is not well optimized... anyone had this feeling !?

Obviously, I'm not able of anything and I repeat, the track is now so much better by your constant work. :bowdown:

Cheers ! :cheers:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing to do with the track, just a point of view which seems interesting about real Vs virtual. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
@megolito Just managed a 7:09 round Nords in your Toyota and that was with a bit of grass surfing;) Car is fun to drive and fast and quite lively on some of those corners but overall good job with the rework. Now if only I had a steering wheel I and not a controller I could probably get under 7 minutes but that'll have to wait till after xmas.

Talking of controllers, does anyone know how to change settings when you can't get into the AC launcher because it just sits there at 100% Car Metadata?

@megolito Just managed a 7:09 round Nords in your Toyota and that was with a bit of grass surfing;) Car is fun to drive and fast and quite lively on some of those corners but overall good job with the rework. Now if only I had a steering wheel I and not a controller I could probably get under 7 minutes but that'll have to wait till after xmas.

Talking of controllers, does anyone know how to change settings when you can't get into the AC launcher because it just sits there at 100% Car Metadata?

documents/assetto corsa/cfg/controllers/savedsetups

You should be able to change settings in CM

documents/assetto corsa/cfg/controllers/savedsetups

You should be able to change settings in CM

Thanks mate, forgot about the documents/cfg folder and after properly looking I found the settings in CM. Didn't see the tabs for Main/Additional/System/Patch for some reason ;)

Thanks mate, forgot about the documents/cfg folder and after properly looking I found the settings in CM. Didn't see the tabs for Main/Additional/System/Patch for some reason ;)

No problem. I noticed the FFB with a controller in AC is weak compared to RF2, AMS and GTR2. Any suggestions?

One tip: don't use capitals in the car's name, because that prevents CM to keep track of top speed and driven distance.

did not work either.
I noticed before that names that are too long and too much underscores don't get recognised.
vdc_toyota_gr_ta

max length for track (folder-)name: 32
max length for additional layout name: 15
max length for car (folder-)name: 32
all lowercase, latin-digits-underscore, NO utf8- or fancy characters like é or something

Last edited:
No problem. I noticed the FFB with a controller in AC is weak compared to RF2, AMS and GTR2. Any suggestions?

Yeah I'd noticed that too. FFB only really seems to kick in when the steering is at full lock. I'll have a look and see what I can find out

did not work either.
vdc_toyota_gr_ta

As for the cars: both drive pretty well, and though the Toyota is very fast (in the top three of GT3's on my test track), it still feels a bit like a street car (tried all tire options). It is very loose over crests and a bit wobbly compared to other GT3 cars (no changes made to the setup, just stock).
The Motec display still lacks most readouts (but it was like that in the original version too).

Just my 2cts about my first impression.

so i was trying to make it into a Time attack car like as if you took a stock toyota supra and just modded it a ton like the guys from grid life(maybe ive been watching to much grid life lol). not a GT3 spec car so more like ferrari 599XX evo i guess but that has to do with the suspension settings, the dampers are soft right now i believe or they are too hard i forget ide have to drive it to see again. i think they are soft though with hard springs something typical in non Professional time attack cars. like not made by a manufacturer. since they are using like different brands even for springs and dampers. its not all like meant to be used together they just piece it together with the best stuff they can afford. would you prefer a GT3 spec? and also i have no clue how to fix displays. if somone can fix it and send me back the car ide love to have a working speedo

Edit: also ill fix the name when i get home. thanks for letting me know that. i think ive messed up all my car names with capitals. and i dont want to come off as defensive on how the car feels. if you want GT3 i WILL make GT3 i was just explaining why i had it feeling kinda road car like. if that feels like crap in road spec then ill make it full blown race tonight

Last edited:

Just had a look through the controls.ini and found these

[STEER]
JOY=1
AXLE=0
SCALE=1
LOCK=900
FF_GAIN=1
FILTER_FF=0
STEER_GAMMA=1
STEER_FILTER=0
SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0
DEBOUNCING_MS=50

[FF_TWEAKS]
MIN_FF=0
CENTER_BOOST_GAIN=0
CENTER_BOOST_RANGE=0.1

[FF_ENHANCEMENT]
CURBS=1
ROAD=0.8
SLIPS=0.2
ABS=0.21

Gonna have a play around after dinner and see what I can come up with. I also read that if you haver your controller setup as a wheel (which I think some people do so they can change certain controls) it loses the FFB function.

5-minute alt faded/weathered skin for ACU's 90's Estoril, inc blimp skin. Unavoidable creep and stretching in places, the billboards were set up weirdly in the first place. Better than nothing.

View attachment 870017 View attachment 870018

https://we.tl/t-02temZZIob
Great !!! :bowdown::cheers:
I’m far from my rig but I can’t wait !

Thank you so much, as You wrote previously the ACU Estoril is a very well done track.

Cheers @Masscot !

@K E N N E T H
I don’t get/want a Facebook account so...
I was a (little) part of VLM as a B-Tester a while ago when the team was working on rFactor with Le Mans and Mid-Ohio for example. ;-)

Last edited:
I like it - very fast, very grippy. But as Fanatec says, it maybe feels a little 'comfortable', not harsh enough for a TA car? Minor quibble though. Very nice drive. Where did the extra skins come from (Falken/Monster etc)?

Also, anyone know why changing
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0
to
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=1
in data/driver3d ISN'T swapping the shifting hand?
I've found a really nice sequential shift animation for this car but it's on the wrong side. Inverting normally works, but not in this case.
Stumped!
(and yes, there's no data folder/data.acd conflict either)

i think i got those extra skins from a link off of a youtube video. it had like 500 views. it must be on race department ide assume. the guy in the video i dont even think spoke english i think it was a spanish channel

Hey and just a side note guys did you see the endplates on the wings for the TA supra, you have to use the Dev apps for ac in a session and click wings app, i didnt let the fin.ini go to waste lol. i turned the giant fin into tiny little endplates on the wing that do next to nothing as far as creating drag to straighten the car out. but it looks cool when you see the outlines for them with wings app open

Is this the same version made by AG?

oh wow, i didnt know that one existed. i have no idea. i turned that drift car into a time attack car. it was called "jack something drift supra" one of the guys said he would like to see a grip tune of it so thats why i did that

Edit: after watching your vid, it sure as hell looks like it is the same car doesnt it? just minus the diffuser new mirrors new cockpit and no front canards. with a different splitter. that AG car looks like a proper race car. the one i adjusted has a thrown together street car look to it somewhat in comparison. like a guy built it in his garage, the other from ag looks like toyota built it

oh wow, i didnt know that one existed. i have no idea. i turned that drift car into a time attack car. it was called "jack something drift supra" one of the guys said he would like to see a grip tune of it so thats why i did that

Edit: after watching your vid, it sure as hell looks like it is the same car doesnt it? just minus the diffuser new mirrors new cockpit and no front canards. with a different splitter. that AG car looks like a proper race car. the one i adjusted has a thrown together street car look to it somewhat in comparison. like a guy built it in his garage, the other from ag looks like toyota built it

I think the one you based your rework on was originally done by VDC (Virtual Drift Championship). Well according to the credits on Assettoland anyways.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back