Advance Notice: $10M Alfa TZ2 to be used in January

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 143 comments
Just a question: Not sure if its been asked but am I able to start running this car in whilst it still being stock?

The Mig

Just a question: Not sure if its been asked but am I able to start running this car in whilst it still being stock?

The Mig

Never thought of this before but I think you can.

The Mig

Yes, you can break in the engine to full HP. If you change the wheels you have to go into tuning and reset the transmissions to default otherwise you won't be allowed on track in a lounge the prohibits tuning. Somehow changing wheels messes up the ratios and you have to manually reset to default to clear those changes.

Somehow changing wheels messes up the ratios and you have to manually reset to default to clear those changes.
Not that it matters, but changing wheels keeps ratios where they were, it changes _default_ ratios.

Yes, you can break in the engine to full HP. If you change the wheels you have to go into tuning and reset the transmissions to default otherwise you won't be allowed on track in a lounge the prohibits tuning. Somehow changing wheels messes up the ratios and you have to manually reset to default to clear those changes.

Thanks for the reply, but you lost me after the breaking the engine to full hp :dunce: I was was just going to run this beast in while still maintaining all stock settings, including wheels 👍

The Mig

Thanks for the reply, but you lost me after the breaking the engine to full hp :dunce: I was was just going to run this beast in while still maintaining all stock settings, including wheels 👍

The Mig

That works. But you don't have to worry because we are going to allow tuning in the WRS and Special Online Event anyway. You just can't add any new parts, but you can customize transmissions, LSD, etc.

Well it took some doing BUT I just won me one of these bad boys!!
Lots of restarts in the B spec historic event but I FINALLY got there!!
If anyone needs a car to do it in, I ran the Toyota 7 with the ballast tune found on the b spec help forum, pm me and I can set it to share of you need a car.
Cheers All !!!

I have a cache of '65 tickets that I can give away to people who still can't afford to buy the Alfa. With only 5 or 6 cars in the game from 1965, it wouldn't take too long to reload the game a few times to get it, by restoring a game save between restarts.

Really looking forward to seeing what the D1 guys can accomplish with this car. :drool:

I have finaly got enough credits to buy the car. Thanks to all the B Spec Grinders for helpoing me out there so I will look at buying the car tonight.

Also has anyone found a good starting point for a set up yet I know we dont have a track to fine tune to yet but a good base set up will be a good starting point.

Thanks

I have a question,
on my normal ps3 account i have enought credit to buy the alfa, if i buy it, is there a way i can give it to my GTP account?

mike_gt3
I have a question,
on my normal ps3 account i have enought credit to buy the alfa, if i buy it, is there a way i can give it to my GTP account?

You can't send it, but you can share it, and borrow it on the other account. A borrowed car can't be used offlineONline, however, and you will want to make sure it's oil-changed and broken in first.

It can also be won in the B-Spec Historic event, but you may find it easier to get the cash from the Seasonal B Spec Spa event. Or Lucas' suggestion ;-)

EDIT: VVV Duh, yea, phone typing too fast. What Lucas said. The sharing thing might give you a little more time. It's really an excellent car, whichever way you get it.

Last edited:
You can't send it, but you can share it, and borrow it on the other account. A borrowed car can't be used offline, however, and you will want to make sure it's oil-changed and broken in first.

It can also be won in the B-Spec Historic event, but you may find it easier to get the cash from the Seasonal B Spec Spa event. Or Lucas' suggestion ;-)

Ren, don't you mean "a borrowed car can't be used online"? So if he does your borrow idea, he could use the car for the offline time trial next week, but couldn't use that same borrowed car in the online race the following week. Or am I misremembering?

Mike, nice to meet you, when Ren said Lucas he meant me. :) Just say the word, if you'd like a '65 ticket. Will probably add you to my friends list soon, regardless. 👍

I have a question,

Just run a few seasonals, or the B-Spec seasonals, and you'll level up and credit up quickly. 👍

Nice to meet you Lucas! :)
Thx for the info guys, ill try the share option, if it doesnt work ill try the seasonal option and if i dont have enought time i will probably accept your offer about the '65 ticket! :D

Thx!

mike_gt3
Nice to meet you Lucas! :)
Thx for the info guys, ill try the share option, if it doesnt work ill try the seasonal option and if i dont have enought time i will probably accept your offer about the '65 ticket! :D

Thx!

Mike. Take the ticket from Lucas and save the time. Then you can use it online and take the time saved and run a race with us online. This car drives well online and will be a good first online race (I saw in other thread you don't run online much).

This car races great and evens the field big time. Hydro and I raced with it last night at nurb gp/f and 4-5 lap side by side battles are normal. Extended 3 car battles are also possible.

Can't wait.

Mike. Take the ticket from Lucas and save the time. Then you can use it online and take the time saved and run a race with us online. This car drives well online and will be a good first online race (I saw in other thread you don't run online much).

This car races great and evens the field big time. Hydro and I raced with it last night at nurb gp/f and 4-5 lap side by side battles are normal. Extended 3 car battles are also possible.

Can't wait.

Its just im not 100% sure ill have the time to participate because of my job, i can have overtime to do at any moment, for now its ok but next week theres good chance ill have to work 55hour.

I just didnt wanted to waste his ticket. If he dont bother then yes i will accept for sure :)

Sent a FR to GTP_Mike_Peperni a little while ago. Don't worry about the ticket, I started by getting just one ticket from Speedy, and have duped that into about 10 of them so far. Once you accept my friend request, I'll send you a ticket.

When you receive it from me, save your game, exit GT5, and backup your save on a USB drive. Then start GT5 and immediately redeem the ticket from the truck. If you don't get the Alfa, immediately hit the PS button and Exit Game. Then restore your game from your USB save that you previously created. Start the process over from "starting GT5". Keep at it until you get the Alfa.

Thx Lucas, i rarely connect my PS3 online, i will conect it and accept your friend request :)

Thank you!

edit: ticket received and car in the garage! Thx mate 👍

Last edited:
Since I'm on my 3rd PS3 and had to start w/ a save file from my 2nd PS3 that was created before I won the car in the historic race using one of my Bobz, I get to do it all over again. Using the Toyota 7 and my best Bob makes winning this duel combo a real yawner and time destroyer, but sacrifices must be made. Soon I'll have the Alpha again to be able to loan to Little so maybe he will submit a time before he grows inpatient.

Back