Alpine A290 - Hotter and Cooler than the Hot Renault EV 5

• Thread starter CTznOfTime
  • 6 comments
France
SoCal
GTP_MooCow
A290-1024x576.jpg

renault-teases-new-5-ev-no-worries-fantasy-land-has-it-alongside-the-hot-alpine-a290_4.jpg

1_BSPrincipaux_Ext_AlpineBlueVision_GTS_34avantpassager.jpg

alpine-a290-beta-goodwood-front-quarter-tracking.jpg

alpine-a290-beta-goodwood-rear-quarter-tracking.jpg

This is gonna sell like hot cake, just like the car it is based on:

Limited to 1955 only ?!

For the Renault version, go here

Renault Sport becomes Alpine Cars

Who here is getting one ?

Last edited:
I really have no words.

I’m fine with the limited number. I think we should all get one. However, I’m not too sure EVs will have the same collector status as petrol cars. Of course we shall see, but right now, doesn’t look like they will. I could say that for pretty much any car on the market today and twenty years later it may be a sought after car.

Limited to 1955 only ?!
That seems to be a mistake as other sources say that limited production run only applies to the Premiere Edition:

Colour co-ordination is nice and simple, with a reworked version of the brand’s Alpine Blue. Villain says the new version is ‘an updated version with new pigments that are deeper and stronger. So it’s the same colour, but the effect is much stronger than before – this version will be the colour we use on all future Alpines.’ Grey and black are also available, as is a white colour scheme designed to ape the A290β concept for the A290’s limited-run, 1955-example Premiere Edition.

I dont like the iconic sticking out extra lights of Alpine and much prefer the Renault here.
There is other things I find questionable as well, but I guess I am just turning old regarding my taste ...

Back