America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Out of all the bad takes that I've seen about debt forgiveness, this has to be at the top.

So I don't claim ownership or anything and I think it's useful to have it seen widely, but I actually posted this in the loan forgiveness thread:
lol

Screenshot-20220825-115037-Samsung-Internet.jpg
Worth noting that I went with a screenshot because I expected Banks to take it down, but it seems that enlarged stupid and awful glands occupy the space one would expect to find his shame gland and he has, in fact, opted to leave it up.

So I don't claim ownership or anything and I think it's useful to have it seen widely, but I actually posted this in the loan forgiveness thread:

Worth noting that I went with a screenshot because I expected Banks to take it down, but it seems that enlarged stupid and awful glands occupy the space one would expect to find his shame gland and he has, in fact, opted to leave it up.
I bet military recruiters also dangle vet benefits as a carrot but I believe Rep. Banks voted against the Veterans Burn Pit Exposure Recognition Act too. White man speak with forked tongue.

Last edited:
I bet military recruiters also dangle vet benefits as a carrot but I believe Rep. Banks voted against the Veterans Burn Pit Exposure Recognition Act too.
That one didn't get out of committee, and so Banks wouldn't have been involved unless he was on that particular committee.

The PACT Act is the recent bill that Republicans pointlessly stalled in the Senate before it ultimately passed, and yes, Banks voted against it in the House:

Screenshot-20220826-172252-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Interesting to note that he’s left it up, but he’s turned off all ability to interact with it. You cannot respond, retweet, quote-tweet or even like it. “I stand by what I said, but I refuse to defend it.”
5C9CBD0C-B043-4650-91D9-0DE723B340A9.jpeg

Last edited:
So... Trump requested a list of top spies from ODNI in August 2019, then (unwilling) left office 16 months later - taking with him 15 boxes of classified, compartmentalised*, and special access materials (for which he, as a private citizen, has no security clearance in order to read) - and ten months later the CIA sends out a memo about how concerned it is at the rate its informants around the world are being killed.

In the meantime, a foreign agent pretending to be a rich white girl quite so openly infiltrates the place where he's storing all the secrets he shouldn't even have that she poses for a photo of the two of them and Lindsay Graham on the golf course...

*SCI materials are supposed to only be handled in certain rooms in certain facilities built to certain specifications, by individuals with certain clearance levels, and taken care of by the facility's data controller... so who even allowed Trump to remove them?

Last edited:
Uniting the country means exposing Trump and getting that fraction of the country to abandon him, hats in hand. There is no unity without that step.
Divisive or not, I'd respect Joe more if he made this explicitly clear.

Uniting the country means exposing Trump and getting that fraction of the country to abandon him, hats in hand. There is no unity without that step.
I am hoping that the Republicans fail to take back the House and the Senate in November. That is the wake-up call that the GOP needs to rid itself of the cancer of Trumpism. I don't how likely that is to happen ... but even if it does, there will still be a portion of the country that will cling to Trump.

TB
If it's a personal matter, it's none of your business.

If they show up on time and do their job well, what's out in the parking lot is none of your business.
Not only that, but your daily maybe just a wreck you don’t mind getting beaten on and the mileage taking its toll, you may own multiple cars which are expensive and run on your days off.

Geezus I know what my convo with my boss might be if I was given that letter. I might not get fired for having a car they consider beneath my role but I sure would get fired for my language.

Last edited:
Imagine being the guy who drives their project car to work and having someone say this to you. Hopefully, the person has an old Chevy drag card with a blown big block they can turn up to work the next day in and set off every single car alarm.

”If you are using your money for savings, then it will be harder for us to threaten your job.”
View attachment 1188376

TB
If it's a personal matter, it's none of your business.

If they show up on time and do their job well, what's out in the parking lot is none of your business.

Not only that, but your daily maybe just a wreck you don’t mind getting beaten on and the mileage taking its toll, you may own multiple cars which are expensive and run on your days off.

Geezus I know what my convo with my boss might be if I was given that letter. I might not get fired for having a car they consider beneath my role but I sure would get fired for my language.
I guess as long as they're not a real-estate agent or some job where you have to make a sale at someone's house. It's true that for most jobs it doesn't matter, but for some jobs it really does. It puts me off a bit if the construction worker giving me the estimate for the remodel has too nice a car, or too crappy for that matter.

Mostly though... driving a real beater to work can be kinda cool. People just have so little imagination. Especially for someone who has the means to buy something nicer, it shows a little character and can be a real conversation starter. Wouldn't you rather know someone kinda interesting than to have your co-worker just have the exact same boring car as everyone else so they fit in?

Last edited:
If the company cares so much about the car that they are suspecting the individual of embezzlement, either he/she should ask if the company is willing to pay for a company car or are they willing to be brought to the attention of their state's labor board.

This letter from from Employer to Employee about the Vehicle originated on Reddit a couple years ago, where people are known to make stuff up whilst farming for Karma. I’m not saying this is made up, just saying it’s suspicious.

It’s not proven to be false, but the OP didn’t have anything solid that could really verify it, but it can’t be disproven either.

There way too many articles I find these days, where it has some clickbait title and it’s about something someone said on Reddit, which should in most cases be taken with a grain of salt.

Imagine being the guy who drives their project car to work and having someone say this to you. Hopefully, the person has an old Chevy drag card with a blown big block they can turn up to work the next day in and set off every single car alarm.
This is exactly why this letter would never fly at a dealership. :lol:

The amount of techs I’ve met that have actually nice WIP cars they would bring in every so often to work on, has been quite high and most of them had nice dailys as well.

Not excusing the email (if it's even real or possibly in jest), but it's also from early-2020, when our priorities were slightly...different? Someone would have followed up on this incident or worse, there would be even more obvious examples of this kind of crapbaggery. Never mind that vehicle choices and prices are slim to none, and slim wants a premium before leaving town.

Last edited:
”If you are using your money for savings, then it will be harder for us to threaten your job.”
View attachment 1188376

True or not, in a round about way, I can relate to this story. During the summer of 2019, after many years, I finally purchased a new daily driver. For the previous 7 & 1/2 years I had driven a used Honda Fit (Jazz outside North America). I have to admit, it's somewhat liberating driving a vehicle that you don't really care about. Road salt, sleet, mud, bird poop, rocks and debris flying from the back of a truck, who cares. At the time that I purchased the car, my work partner and I were still fighting an on going and demoralizing battle with our former senior partner. Money was tight and our office, at the time, was almost a 100 mile round trip commute from home. So whatever I drove was going to have 100K miles in 4 years, or close to it. I just couldn't justify buying an expensive vehicle to have it devalued to nothing sitting in bumper to bumper while I was still paying it off. But flash ahead about 5 years after the purchase, we finally bought out our senior partner and had moved the company to a corporate park in a much more convenient location. A lot of tenants here are pharmaceutical companies, law offices, insurance companies, etc. No doubt they think of us on the same level as the floor washers. You can see a lot of high end BMWs and Mercedes and Audis, etc., in the parking lot. My partner, our controller and I have assigned spots with our company name. For the first 6 months, it seemed like we were getting calls from either security or emails from building management, every few weeks, asking if somebody had randomly parked an old Honda in one of our spots.

After the 2nd time that I came back to my car at the end of the day to find a window sticker placed on the car with a big "warning" that it was in a reserved spot, I met with the building management to put an end to this. They apologized profusely and explained that they knew it was my car but they had repeated complaints by other tenants who thought it was parked there in error. And just due to confusion or circumstances (or likely the brow beating going on) their staff had sometimes reached out to us without checking the registration list. And they further explained that after repeatedly telling said tenants that the car was legitimately parked and owned by another tenant, that tenant had apparently gone repeatedly, directly to security and asked to have it towed or stickered. They refused to tell me who the tenant was but I'm sure it was one of the three reserved spots next to us and they claimed to have dealt with it. After that, I stopped even washing it. And I took guilty and adolesent pleasure writing things like "tow me" or "need food" on the dirt in the back window, just to annoy them. And from time to time, I would bring in the Porsche just to confuse the hell out of them. I mean, to put this in perspective, yeah, the car was often dirty, especially in the winter. But it wasn't rusty or dented. It was just an old, unloved econobox in a parking lot of full of high end vehicles (and the pricks that owned them).

As for the email above, it seems a bit implausible but as somebody mentioned, if it's a job like a real estate agent where you're expected to ferry clients in your vehicle, yeah, that's different and I can understand. Who knows. A lot of corporate jobs have this kind of stigma about how you dress, where you live, what you drive, but actually putting it in an official email, hmmm.

Not excusing the email (if it's even real or possibly in jest), but it's also from early-2020, when our priorities were slightly...different?
Not necessarily. The first case of Covid-19 was detected in the US on January 20th, 2020, just one day prior to the date on the letter. So I could easily see some PR hack being more concerned with the appearance of their parking lot than someone getting “the flu” in Washington State.

lol

You can't fix stupid but you can point at it and laugh.

Imagine being a Trumper. I don't suppose you have the capacity for legitimate introspection, but what sort of sense do you get of yourself?

If I were a Trumper, I'd strap on two rifles and four hand guns, get in my F-350 dually, roll coal as I exited the parking lot of the check cashing place, drive up into the woods to my favorite hidden fishing spot, drive the truck into the lake, throw the guns in after it, and then have myself a good cry.

Last edited:
Back